Promoted gigs on fiverr

videobuff

• videobuff changed the title to Promoted gigs on fiverr
Just now, videobuff said:

Just of curiosity how many of you used promoted Gigs on fiverr?

I've made use of promoted Gigs since I've been eligible to do so, apart from when I'm overbooked or already have lots of pending orders to complete.

They are kinda' expensive, especially when you take into consideration that Fiverr takes it's 20% fee from all of your orders anyway, and then either PayPal or Payoneer will charge a withdrawal fee. But non the less, from my analytics of my promoted gigs, I'm roughly generating $250 of order revenue for every $20 I spend on Gig promotion, which is a decent return on investment. Plus if you generate a regular, repeat buyer, for paying for just the one click you could potentially receive many orders.

I feel like I would earn much more for what I spend, but promoting the Gig also attracts many buyers who I'm not interesting in working with due to them trying to haggle, or me seeing too many red flags to want to partner with. So if they click your link and message you but no order is made, you still have to pay for the click.

Then again, I feel like most of the people who are eligible for promoted Gigs are already doing many of the right things that will make their Gigs naturally rank highly amongst search results. So, meh. Are they worth it? I'm personally not too sure.

8 minutes ago, joshnadin said:

I've made use of promoted Gigs since I've been eligible to do so, apart from when I'm overbooked or already have lots of pending orders to complete.

They are kinda' expensive, especially when you take into consideration that Fiverr takes it's 20% fee from all of your orders anyway, and then either PayPal or Payoneer will charge a withdrawal fee. But non the less, from my analytics of my promoted gigs, I'm roughly generating $250 of order revenue for every $20 I spend on Gig promotion, which is a decent return on investment. Plus if you generate a regular, repeat buyer, for paying for just the one click you could potentially receive many orders.

I feel like I would earn much more for what I spend, but promoting the Gig also attracts many buyers who I'm not interesting in working with due to them trying to haggle, or me seeing too many red flags to want to partner with. So if they click your link and message you but no order is made, you still have to pay for the click.

Then again, I feel like most of the people who are eligible for promoted Gigs are already doing many of the right things that will make their Gigs naturally rank highly amongst search results. So, meh. Are they worth it? I'm personally not too sure.

Thank you for sharing your experience Josh 🙂

I used this on my main gig, It didn't seem to work for 2 days, I remember I got this feature like 6 months back with $10 to spend from Fiverr. 

I activated and nothing happened, slowly I started receiving queries from new customers and orders with "PROMOTED" written on it, I was able to generate $500+ revenue by the end of the month paying approx $45 back to Fiverr from my main balance.

I deactivated this on my gigs due to personal reasons, I found people coming through Promotion are hard to deal with, they are ready to cancel and quite challenging to please, had to provide extra work too, but there are good people too. 

I also faced different kind of issue during my promotion days and that's ORDER BY MISTAKE. 

I think, when you receive large number of orders, you should be ready to cancel / disputes / tickets, especially when you're working alone as many of us do.

1 hour ago, jhallawalla said:

I used this on my main gig, It didn't seem to work for 2 days, I remember I got this feature like 6 months back with $10 to spend from Fiverr. 

I activated and nothing happened, slowly I started receiving queries from new customers and orders with "PROMOTED" written on it, I was able to generate $500+ revenue by the end of the month paying approx $45 back to Fiverr from my main balance.

I deactivated this on my gigs due to personal reasons, I found people coming through Promotion are hard to deal with, they are ready to cancel and quite challenging to please, had to provide extra work too, but there are good people too. 

I also faced different kind of issue during my promotion days and that's ORDER BY MISTAKE. 

I think, when you receive large number of orders, you should be ready to cancel / disputes / tickets, especially when you're working alone as many of us do.

Thanks for sharing ur experience 🙂

Hi @joshnadin,
My name is Amir, and I'm leading the Promoted Gigs product on Fiverr.

Can you please elaborate on those "seeing too many red flags" situations? 

On 9/20/2021 at 8:53 PM, joshnadin said:

@andywarburton
I'm sorry to hear that Promoted Gigs didn't worked well to you, but I can tell you that "killing someone's business" is not our thing.

On 9/20/2021 at 9:38 PM, andywarburton said:

When I stopped Fiverr decided they didn't want to be friends and killed my business for about 4 months.

@jhallawalla,

Can you please elaborate how these traffic is different from your organic traffic? 

15 hours ago, jhallawalla said:

Thanks!

5 hours ago, amirbeno said:

Hi @joshnadin,

Can you please elaborate on those "seeing too many red flags" situations? 

Hey Amir,

Sure thing! This is something where I don't think promoted Gigs is at fault, it's simply creating more exposure which in turn is attracting more buyers I would prefer not to do business with, as I still get them organically if they have been driven to my Gig page via a promoted click or not. That being said, they do also attract more buyers that I do want to do business with!

In terms of what would constitute as a red flag, the main things are a poor understanding of English which make it difficult to communicate, trying to aggressively haggle my prices on the first time on partnering, the buyers attitude in messages, the whole "I'm your boss and you do as I say as I'm paying you" mentality, plus a number of other factors. Basically, if I get bad vibes, I don't want to partner. From experience these people are unpleasant to work with and are the ones that end up seeking lots of revisions, don't clearly tell me what they want, ask for changes and/or extra work outside the scope of what was paid for, and just generally make the process hard work.

I hope that answers your question and if you have anything else you would like to know, feel free to ask!
It's great to see Fiverr Staff are looking through here for feedback and taking our comments on board too, so thanks! :classic_happy:

16 hours ago, amirbeno said:

Hi @joshnadin,

Hi!

I think we should be able to use Promoted Gigs before being Level 1 seller. I've been a month on Fiverr and I'm not even getting impressions. The first sales are the hardest to make. There should be a way to verify our identity or something that allow us to use promoted gigs. Maybe the fact that we've been on Fiverr one month, two months. I don't know. I can send my official ID.

I sold ONE order in one month. It is going to take an eternity to reach level 1.

I know a lot of people reach Level 1 pretty fast, but not all gigs have the same demand. I specifically write, proofread, edit and translate in Spanish. My niche is smaller than those who do the same in English or those who can do it in many languages at the same time.

Being able to grow our business faster is the difference between believing in the platform and move entirely here, 24/7, or feel like we fail and forget about the platform.

It's a win-win for you and us. You earn more because you charge 20% of our gigs. You charge us for the promoted gigs. And we sell gigs and manage to eat another day.

I don't feel like spending money on Promoted Gigs when I reach Level 1 and I'm already getting sales organically. I feel like spending money on Promoted Gigs NOW that nobody is seeing my gigs.

Thanks in advance!

On 9/20/2021 at 10:53 PM, joshnadin said:

11 hours ago, jayjayros said:

Hi!

I think we should be able to use Promoted Gigs before being Level 1 seller.

Whilst I understand that you want to make use of promoted Gigs before being Level One and meeting the other requirements to be eligible, Fiverr has a responsibility to make sure that promoted Gigs are also reliable sellers with a consistent track record of delivering what buyers want.

By promoting the Gig, Fiverr is also saying 'Here is a Seller we are confident in, and has shown consistent deliveries that meet our standards and previous buyers requirements'.
If you think of yourself as a business owner and Fiverr being your platform, you wouldn't want to promote sellers that you simply don't have enough information on to know if they're credible and going to keep your buyers happy.

Besides that, if everyone was eligible to have their Gigs promoted, then 90% of the Gigs on the platform would be promoted, making the whole process redundant and in turn the promotion totally losing the effect it's supposed to have.

In my experience Promoted Gigs is a really weird system.

When you’re using it:

* Sometimes the bid price for a category fluxuates too often. 

* Sometimes your promoted gig gets a ton of impressions (hundreds), then all of a sudden slows down DRAMATICALLY (20 or less).

* Fiverr suddenly decides you are no longer eligible to use promoted gigs for a certain period of time. (this can happen when you’re right in the midst of using it, or don’t have it turned on at all).

*Fiverr will also punish you for adjusting your bid price too much, even though you’re just trying to meet their often fluxuating CPC and not over or under bid.

*Some of your gigs will not be eligible to be promoted despite having high marks across the board.

Now the positives about Promoted Gigs are:

* You will certainly have periods where your inbox will blow up with a steady stream of messages from potential customers. Some will be interested in making a purchase, others will be robust inquiries, and others will just be people sniffing around, and a tiny number will be spam.

* Prepare yourself for the occasional, random big money order from a few clients.

Overall, it’s a system with good potential. Fiverr just needs to perfect it like google did with Adsense. Right now, in terms of who qualifies, why, and when…it’s way too erratic for an in-house ad serving service. Fiverr might want to look at how sites such as Facebook, linkedin, Pinterest, or even Twitter operate their promoted/advertising platform and use that as a blueprint. What exists now is clunky and very inconsistent.

On 9/22/2021 at 2:08 PM, liton656 said:

I was getting good orders but when I saw my order dropped a bit I promoted a gig but my misfortune was that day my promotion option was turned off for no reason. And all my gigs go to the last page.😭 Didn't work for me.

The same situation has happened to me 😭

16 hours ago, joshnadin said:

Whilst I understand that you want to make use of promoted Gigs before being Level One and meeting the other requirements to be eligible, Fiverr has a responsibility to make sure that promoted Gigs are also reliable sellers with a consistent track record of delivering what buyers want.

By promoting the Gig, Fiverr is also saying 'Here is a Seller we are confident in, and has shown consistent deliveries that meet our standards and previous buyers requirements'.
If you think of yourself as a business owner and Fiverr being your platform, you wouldn't want to promote sellers that you simply don't have enough information on to know if they're credible and going to keep your buyers happy.

Besides that, if everyone was eligible to have their Gigs promoted, then 90% of the Gigs on the platform would be promoted, making the whole process redundant and in turn the promotion totally losing the effect it's supposed to have.

I already have my first sale, a 5-starts sale. I have a 7+ years portfolio of work I've done outside Fiverr that I could show to them. It's not like they should be accepting anybody.

But, I insist, if they are allowing promoted gigs till you reach level 1, it's going to take me an eternity to reach that level because I'm not getting impressions. It is a lose-lose for them. They lose money, they lose people who are going to look for a different place to freelance.

By the way, you say that they do this to promote sellers with consistent deliveries and high standards. The amount of gigs that I've seen with hundreds of 1-star reviews that are being promoted as Top Sellers, Fiverr Choice and others badges is amazing. People are practically telling you in their reviews "Don't buy, is a scam", and their gigs continue growing and being promoted in different ways.

Archived