How to block a user before they make an order with you

samus_x

Question

🤔 Hi there. I was wondering if this kind of action was possible.

If, for example, I am having a conversation with a customer that sends me a lot of red flags and spine chills, and really seems sketchy or replicates a pattern we know is usually associated with toxic buyers, but he/she does not send something that can properly be flagged as SPAM or rude behavior, how can I block him/her?

DISCLAIMER: This is not a thread to discuss whether preventively blocking is a good or bad idea, but just a thread on HOW to do it

7 answers to this question

15 minutes ago, samus_x said:

how can I block him/her?

As far as I know you can't. You can only do so if ever you've had a previous order with them (regardless if it turned out to be cancelled or not). Reporting as spam likely does the same thing (I think), but I understand this isn't a spam situation.

1 minute ago, theratypist said:

but they still ended up finding a loophole to message me through the Custom Request/Offer route.

When I have used my phone app to block a prospective buyer I have not had them come back via the Custom Request/Offer route. Maybe my buyers were not as persistent as yours. At least if they do come back that way you can send them an offer that is so high they will hopefully go away. 

14 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

When I have used my phone app to block a prospective buyer I have not had them come back via the Custom Request/Offer route. Maybe my buyers were not as persistent as yours. At least if they do come back that way you can send them an offer that is so high they will hopefully go away. 

The "offer they MUST refuse" is a technique I use from time to time, but not as straightforward as I need this time 😔

Archived