Buyer won't stop requesting revisions

gabrielh

Hi,

When I created a custom order for the current buyer, unfortunately I neglected to limit the number of revisions. The current buyer is becoming very unpleasant to deal with and keeps requesting revisions outside of the scope of the original agreement. The fee for this one is very low, that's why it's getting increasingly frustrating to keep getting revisions. I don't want to add hours of work for a 30$ fee, but I certainly do not want to cancel the order, out of principle, and because I already delivered what he requested.

Is there anything I can do to stop the revisions?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, gabrielh said:

unfortunately I neglected to limit the number of revisions.

You are at loss here because you did not limit the number of revisions in the first place. Is it clearly stated on your gig, your policy on revisions / what does a revision cover? You can try to discuss that with the buyer and hope the buyer respects your time. Do note the buyer can go to Customer Support and get the order cancelled in the end because you did not honor the revisions (and there have been cases like these). I know its a difficult thing to be in, I hope you get that sorted! Take it as a lesson learned. 

• Like 1

This is what the terms of service says: "Requesting to gain more services from Sellers beyond the agreed requirements by using the Request Revisions button is not allowed."

Further: "Revisions to deliveries can be performed by Sellers based on the Seller’s Gig and customer care. Sellers may determine the amount of revisions offered to Buyers, including no revisions."

I can't see from your profile what it is you offer - it's coming up blank for me - but you could quote the above. 

However, since I can't see from your profile whether or not you offer guarantees or unlimited revisions, can't really give you more advice on it. 

• Like 2