Restored my two gigs from "denied" - A big lesson learned

nonontech

Hello everyone,

On Friday, 16th Sept 2021, I decided to update some of my gigs and so, I uploaded more portfolio materials, edited some tags, and also updated the keywords. I submitted all the updated gigs. But after about 5 minutes, I received a couple of emails that two of my gigs had been "denied" with same error notification "NOT AN ORIGINAL IMAGE OR DESIGN (DESIGNERS)". I thought "Oh Wow! What the h*ck!". I was 100% sure that all items displayed in my gig portfolio images were 100% mine. Without wasting a minute, I contacted Fiverr CS, but I was instructed that once denied, the gig might not be revoked. However, one guy suggested me that if I could submit the source files, the technical team may reconsider. After thorough inspection of the portfolio images, I felt like giving up, as some of the work samples were from 2017 and 2018 projects, but I decided to check everything and found out that I needed to find 11 source files. With positive thought, I started digging my PC and other old hard drives and YAY!, I found all of them, all InDesign source files. So, I uploaded and submitted all the files and in about a hour, I received a couple of notifications that my gigs were LIVE!

I spent over 4 hours looking for the source files, but as we all know, a gig can be created in a day, but building it so it has enough 5 star reviews takes months and years.

This experience made me feel suspicious that some people have used my work samples as theirs. Probably, they took screenshots or snapshots from my order delivery portfolios and used it in their Gig portfolios. I am not trying to blame anyone here or trying to justify that somebody actually stole my work, but I am only sharing my honest thoughts.

From this experience, I learned that I should always backup all my source files as long as I can so that when such incidents happen in the future, I can provide the source files without wasting so much time like I did. It was a great experience and I am glad I didn't give up. I also learned a lot of other things from this experience.

I hope, sharing this experience will be helpful to someone out there, who can be in the same situation like me.

Thank you,

Leb

Archived