buyer should be able to see the success rate / completion rate of the seller.

lonskii

I'm a new buyer here, and here is my 2nd order and 1st bad experience.

On the 13th September I looked around for a designer to create an vdo animation for presentation. I saw this guy with 4.9 stars which I thought he would be ok.
I placed an ordered on 13th, due date is 14th. 
14th seller asked for delivery extensive request, I replied to him that I need to present this to my investor on 17th. I need it ASAP because if there is any chances, we still have time.
15th seller said asked for delivery extensive request for another 3 days. I replied "please let me know if you can't delivery it today , I still have 1 more day to find a new designer". He said "something with FIverr system that it is showing 3 days instead of 1 day. You will have it today, why would I lie". 

16th seller said "still waiting for voice over", so I said "you can send without voice over, just have closed caption instead". He replied "OK"
17th seller said "you will have it in a few hours"
18th I got nothing. I requested cancellation.  Seller declined . Seller sent me cancellation. I approved , I got credit back. 

But the problem I have is that I missed the only chance to send to my investor which I could have got another designer to do the job for me.   This designer costed me a fortune. 

Because I am new here, and I just found out that I cannot leave feedback after credit is given, and buyer can't see seller's completion rate.

So my point is that the seller profile would look good because of the job that has been completed, but there is no way for buyer to find out how many job has been ordered, completed and cancelled. It is misleading.

Think of it this way, if you saw a 5 stars rating at a hotel in booking.com, you made a booking months in advanced. Once you arrived at the hotel and they said "sorry we are fully booked, no room for you", here is your refund, but you are not allowed to give bad feedback to the hotel.  There is no way to warn other guests that this hotel is really not up to standard, and there might be other guests that got cancelled like you. 

So my point here is buyer should be able to sell the completion rate and also buyer should be able to write feedback if the job is canceled by the seller. 

6 minutes ago, lonskii said:

I'm a new buyer here, and here is my 2nd order and 1st bad experience.

On the 13th September I looked around for a designer to create an vdo animation for presentation. I saw this guy with 4.9 stars which I thought he would be ok.
I placed an ordered on 13th, due date is 14th. 
14th seller asked for delivery extensive request, I replied to him that I need to present this to my investor on 17th. I need it ASAP because if there is any chances, we still have time.
15th seller said asked for delivery extensive request for another 3 days. I replied "please let me know if you can't delivery it today , I still have 1 more day to find a new designer". He said "something with FIverr system that it is showing 3 days instead of 1 day. You will have it today, why would I lie". 

16th seller said "still waiting for voice over", so I said "you can send without voice over, just have closed caption instead". He replied "OK"
17th seller said "you will have it in a few hours"
18th I got nothing. I requested cancellation.  Seller declined . Seller sent me cancellation. I approved , I got credit back. 

But the problem I have is that I missed the only chance to send to my investor which I could have got another designer to do the job for me.   This designer costed me a fortune. 

Because I am new here, and I just found out that I cannot leave feedback after credit is given, and buyer can't see seller's completion rate.

So my point is that the seller profile would look good because of the job that has been completed, but there is no way for buyer to find out how many job has been ordered, completed and cancelled. It is misleading.

Think of it this way, if you saw a 5 stars rating at a hotel in booking.com, you made a booking months in advanced. Once you arrived at the hotel and they said "sorry we are fully booked, no room for you", here is your refund, but you are not allowed to give bad feedback to the hotel.  There is no way to warn other guests that this hotel is really not up to standard, and there might be other guests that got cancelled like you. 

So my point here is buyer should be able to sell the completion rate and also buyer should be able to write feedback if the job is canceled by the seller. 

First of all, I'm sorry you had a bad experience on Fiverr. It's never fun to get late deliveries. 

Here's my thoughts on where this went wrong: you accepted a request for more time, even though you knew you had a hard deadline. Why would you do that? If I have an order that's time critical, and the seller asks for more time when that's not an option for me, i'll request a cancellation immediately. No buts, ifs or hows. 

You do have a lot of indicators about a sellers completion rate and delivery time, though. By reading past reviews and checking their level (for instance, a Top Rated Seller like myself is required to live up to high standards when it comes to all of this. If I don't, I get demoted.). That means, buying from high-level sellers with lots of positive reviews is likely to give you a better experience. 

I agree with you that even cancelled orders should be open to review, though. This is not only because it would be more transparent for you as a buyer, but also for me as a seller. If I have to cancel an order with a buyer for customer service reasons (i.e. I can't deliver on time due to some technical reason, and I let the buyer cancel the order to help them find someone who can deliver instead of me) you would probably leave a good review because I was willing to cancel and take the hit to my stats to help you out. 

But in this case, you shouldn't have let the buyer string you along for as long as you did. That was your mistake. 

1 hour ago, lonskii said:

So my point here is buyer should be able to sell the completion rate

It’s tough to guess the amount of cancellations for no level sellers. However if seller had level 1, two or a top rated badge then it is a pretty good indication of how many orders they can have cancelled. 
if our completion percentage falls below 90% then we will be demoted. (Sometimes even one cancellation is enough to be demoted). 
However seeing the percentage of cancelled orders also wouldn’t give you a really good indication: 99.5% of my cancellation is for orders that were placed by mistake or from clients that didn’t read the description and what’s included in the package. We all mistakes and I’m ok to give a refund if someone made a mistake ordering, I wouldn’t hold their money “hostage”. But it also would be unfair to show all those cancellations publicly because there are not a sellers fault

Nonetheless your seller was completely unprofessional. Not only he was extending your delivery times, he also lied to you that it’s Fiverr just showing 3 days extension. He very well could send 1 day extension and he lied to you. He also doesn’t know how Fiverr works if he declined your cancellation and send it from his side. He thought that it wouldn’t affect him if he would it however all cancellations affect our stats 

5 hours ago, mariashtelle1 said:

Nonetheless your seller was completely unprofessional. Not only he was extending your delivery times, he also lied to you that it’s Fiverr just showing 3 days extension. He very well could send 1 day extension and he lied to you.

I'm very new to Fiverr, so I didn't know if he was lying about the system or not.  I made 2 ordered at the same time, 1 was the logo, and 1 for the presentation, and yeah he lied 😞 

3 hours ago, lonskii said:

it said 89 review, 600 delivered gigs in the last year 
https://www.fiverr.com/videosdesign?source=order_page_summary_seller_link

Not sure what happened there... maybe the seller had a specific issue with this order or something else completely, either way what they did was absolutely wrong and unprofessional. If I know I can't finish a gig in time, I won't make false promises about delivering only to go radio silent.

I once accepted to make a custom order for something the client wanted quickly and I didn't realize it was about to backfire. I made it clear that it would take a few days at least and he said "no more than 3 days". I thought I could make it without too many issues, so I accepted and sent the offer. The gig started, I got a couple references and got to work right away, but at some point I realized I needed some additional information and asked the buyer about it. The person didn't give me any answer for the following 24 hours, so at that point I just knew I wouldn't be able to finish in time. I sent him a cancellation request right away even if I knew it would affect my rating, but it's quite unfair to extend the time knowing a buyer cannot wait because of their own deadlines. I specified I needed more details and without them I couldn't even get half of the work done. The client accepted the cancellation and went somewhere else.

In your case, it seems like the seller didn't want to lose the gig and have their rating decreased, but they clearly tried to bite more than they could chew with your order for some reason. Still, like mariashtelle1 said, some cancellations are not really a seller's fault and if those were visible to buyers, their profile would be hit negatively for mistakes they didn't always make, or at all.

2 hours ago, newsmike said:

He doesn't have a tremendous amount of negatives for ate deliveries, but I am skeptical as to the 600 delivered. That's a very low review rate.  

He says "600 delivered gigs in the last year in another freelance website" tho, so maybe it's not that low (if he's honest about the number of course). 

Archived