My currency is set as USD, but Fiverr withdrew earnings in EUR. Why? How do I set it up to withdraw funds in USD?

accentfirst

Question

7 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, accentfirst said:

I guess it's because I live in Europe, although my country doesn't use the Euro.

I wasn't given a choice of which currency to withdraw funds in.

Anyone have any ideas on what I should do? Should I submit a ticket for this?

I withdraw in USD to a EUR account. It gets converted upon arrival. 

Which payment option are you using? Payoneer or Paypal? 

This is from the Fiverr help page on payments. You should get options about currency. So you might want to reach out to support if this doesn't work as intended for you. 

For your convenience, you can withdraw your revenue in the following currencies: USD ($), Euro (€), British Pound (£), Australian Dollar (A$), Canadian Dollar (C$), and Israeli Shekel (₪).

Notes:
  • Currency conversion fees apply. Please note additional charges may be added by your bank or payment provider.
  • If you are withdrawing in a currency other than US$, you will be asked to confirm the withdrawal currency and the amount, which will include conversion fees and will, therefore, appear reduced as it will be the exact amount that will be sent to your withdrawal account in non-US$ after conversion fees are applied.  If you don't wish to withdraw in your local currency, you can update the settings through the link available in the confirmation window.
  • If you currently receive funds in USD to the Fiverr Revenue Card or to your Payoneer Account and would like to receive funds in either EUR, GBP, AUD, CAD, or ILS, please note that you will need to register again, instead of connecting your payout method. 

When I set my account to my local currency, my revenues don't update. Why is this? 

All Fiverr Balances are derived from the US Dollar value, including your revenues.  Although you might see your overall account balance (next to your profile picture) in your local currency, your Revenues page will always show the US Dollar amount, as the only currency within the Fiverr system is US Dollars.

Keep in mind that when viewing or withdrawing your Balance in your local currency, you may see daily changes due to exchange rate fluctuations and conversion fees. Sellers always have the option to withdraw Revenues in US$.

1 minute ago, accentfirst said:

Paypal. I assume Payoneer is for bank transfers?

That's correct. I use Paypal too. Whenever I withdraw USD it ends up as my local currency on Paypal. I don't know about you, but inside Paypal I can access my balance in the currency that was transferred (USD) and my local currency (with the horrible Paypal exchange rates, that is). When looking at your Paypal dashboard, you should see your balance in the transferred currency and the local one. I don't really care so much about it, though, since Paypal will find a way to suck your soul dry anyway. If its not bad exchange rates, it's horrendous fees (or both - haha). I just accept it as part of the cost of running a business. 

4 minutes ago, smashradio said:

When looking at your Paypal dashboard, you should see your balance in the transferred currency and the local one. I don't really care so much about it, though, since Paypal will find a way to suck your soul dry anyway.

Haha, so true.

Looking at my Paypal dashboard, I see that the funds were transferred into the account in EUR. Weird!

6 minutes ago, accentfirst said:

Haha, so true.

Looking at my Paypal dashboard, I see that the funds were transferred into the account in EUR. Weird!

And you're sure your Fiverr account was set to USD at the time of transfer? Mine is set to USD, but sometimes it switches over to EUR by itself. I'd reach out to support for more assistance with this issue. You can contact them at support@fiverr.com

Archived