Buyer placed an order, but there is no script.

kendal1747

Question

8 answers to this question

If the requirements have not been met, the order timer should not have started. You can send a reminder, through the option on the order page, but if you don't hear back from the Buyer in a reasonable amount of time (which you determine), then I'd suggest contacting support ask politely asking that they cancel the order for you, without affecting your statistics, due to incomplete requirements. 

On 9/17/2021 at 9:04 AM, kendal1747 said:

Can someone tell me what happens next? When someone places an order, but did not give a script and did not answer any of the requirements; what happens next? What can I do to limit any problems I might encounter?

Okay, he finally sent the script. I sent the finished audio back to him in less than 12 hours. Then 48 hours later he rejected. I have messaged him several times asking for the revisions that he wants. He does not answer at all. Can I do anything now or is he considering cancelling the order? Can anyone give me some guidance on this? Thanking you in advance.

On 9/18/2021 at 8:53 AM, imagination7413 said:

If the requirements have not been met, the order timer should not have started. You can send a reminder, through the option on the order page, but if you don't hear back from the Buyer in a reasonable amount of time (which you determine), then I'd suggest contacting support ask politely asking that they cancel the order for you, without affecting your statistics, due to incomplete requirements. 

He finally sent the script and gave very little instruction even though I have requirements checked. He just said this is a fundraising event. I asked him several questions on my own and he never replied to them. I finished the audio and sent it to him in less than 12 hours and he rejected after 48 hours. I have repeatedly asked what revisions he wanted and he only replied once that he would let me know in a couple of hours. That was yesterday morning at 6:04am. I have asked again what revisions he wanted and he still has not replied to me. Any suggestions? 

20 hours ago, kendal1747 said:

gave very little instruction even though I have requirements checked.

This would have been a red flag for me. People who cannot, or will not, be clear are a risk, as, when they don't know what they want, they are seldom happy with what they get. Another flag is the lack of communication in general, since it shows a 'I-don't-actually-care' attitude. That, paired with a fundraiser, implies they don't care much about whatever they're trying to raise funds for, or they've contacted several people, shotgun approach, and might try to cancel with a 'I no longer need it' angle despite you already putting in the work.

I glanced at your gig. VERY happy to see that you've defined 'revision' in your FAQ.

20 hours ago, kendal1747 said:

Any suggestions? 

Depends on those requirements and if you've completely fulfilled your end of the contract. If you're side of it is closed-ended and if they didn't leave any loopholes, I would considering redelivering the order on day 3 with something like the following message:

---

As per the contract, here is the XX second recording of the YY word script provided with the selected options and requests of ZZ, commercial use, QQ, and RR.

You have one (1) revision remaining, in accordance with my gig definition as well as Fiverr's rules ("'Buyers may use the 'Request Revisions' feature located on the Order Page while an Order is marked as Delivered if the delivered materials do not match the Seller's description on their Gig page or they do not match the requirements sent to the Seller at the beginning of the order process."). (More information: https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360010452657-Revisions)

File(s) include: 1 .mov file, 1 .aud file, and 1 .wmv file.

---

In other words: be detailed. If they do try to cancel, consider getting Fiverr Customer Support involved.

18 hours ago, imagination7413 said:

This would have been a red flag for me. People who cannot, or will not, be clear are a risk, as, when they don't know what they want, they are seldom happy with what they get. Another flag is the lack of communication in general, since it shows a 'I-don't-actually-care' attitude. That, paired with a fundraiser, implies they don't care much about whatever they're trying to raise funds for, or they've contacted several people, shotgun approach, and might try to cancel with a 'I no longer need it' angle despite you already putting in the work.

I glanced at your gig. VERY happy to see that you've defined 'revision' in your FAQ.

Depends on those requirements and if you've completely fulfilled your end of the contract. If you're side of it is closed-ended and if they didn't leave any loopholes, I would considering redelivering the order on day 3 with something like the following message:

---

As per the contract, here is the XX second recording of the YY word script provided with the selected options and requests of ZZ, commercial use, QQ, and RR.

You have one (1) revision remaining, in accordance with my gig definition as well as Fiverr's rules ("'Buyers may use the 'Request Revisions' feature located on the Order Page while an Order is marked as Delivered if the delivered materials do not match the Seller's description on their Gig page or they do not match the requirements sent to the Seller at the beginning of the order process."). (More information: https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360010452657-Revisions)

File(s) include: 1 .mov file, 1 .aud file, and 1 .wmv file.

---

In other words: be detailed. If they do try to cancel, consider getting Fiverr Customer Support involved.

I think I am going to just cancel. I will go ahead and send another revision, but I don't know what was wrong with the first one. So I will just change spacing in between sentences. I will re-record it. This is very suspicious. I just got another job yesterday morning at about 5:00am and it has not script either. I have tried contacting him and nothing. I will end up having to cancel two orders. I was just about the get to level 2. Does this really destroy me now?  Thanks

4 hours ago, kendal1747 said:

I will go ahead and send another revision

If they haven't said what they want as a revision, you will just be doing extra work for nothing. If you want to resend the completed order, fine, but please don't do more work for free.

Does this really destroy me now?

Cancellations affect accounts for 60 days. https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360010452537-Cancellations?segment=seller

If you complete more orders in the meantime, though, you won't be affected as much.

I just got another job yesterday morning at about 5:00am and it has not script either. I have tried contacting him and nothing.

Don't cancel unless they don't provide the scripts. Unless... is this order from the same user? If so, then yeah, cancel and BLOCK. 

21 minutes ago, imagination7413 said:

If they haven't said what they want as a revision, you will just be doing extra work for nothing. If you want to resend the completed order, fine, but please don't do more work for free.

Cancellations affect accounts for 60 days. https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360010452537-Cancellations?segment=seller

If you complete more orders in the meantime, though, you won't be affected as much.

Don't cancel unless they don't provide the scripts. Unless... is this order from the same user? If so, then yeah, cancel and BLOCK. 

I feel like this is the same person. I could be wrong, but my gut tells me it is. I went ahead and asked to cancel the first order where there is no communication. He refuses to tell me anything. I did go ahead and re-record the audio and sent it. I have done everything I can to make this work, but he is just unresponsive.  The second order hasn't sent a script and it is just sitting there. 

I really appreciate all your help. I can survive 60 days. But when I tried to cancel, it says that I am asking the other party to cancel. What if he doesn't want to?

Archived