Free service offer

nenepresh

Question

8 answers to this question

Well, that's totally depend on your intention. If your intention is to make money from fiverr, you can look for buyer who are eager to buy your service based on your skillset. Moreover, if your intention is not to make money and build relationship and get buyers around the world, you can do any kind of free service to build buyer-customer relationship. That's a long-term plan. Hopefully, I made myself clear. Do let me know your thoughts.  

32 minutes ago, nenepresh said:

As a new seller, is it advisable to offer a free service on Fiverr based on an inbox request? 

As any level of experience seller, the answer is obvious. NO! Unless, of course, if you like to waste your time and effort and willingly enjoy being scammed. Then go right ahead.

20 minutes ago, eftykharraufu said:

Well, that's totally depend on your intention. If your intention is to make money from fiverr, you can look for buyer who are eager to buy your service based on your skillset. Moreover, if your intention is not to make money and build relationship and get buyers around the world, you can do any kind of free service to build buyer-customer relationship. That's a long-term plan. Hopefully, I made myself clear. Do let me know your thoughts.  

Yes, you did. Thank you for your response. My intentions are both. I could consider giving a tip and encourage them to consider any of my packages for maximum result. Thanks once again. 

2 hours ago, eftykharraufu said:

Moreover, if your intention is not to make money and build relationship and get buyers around the world, you can do any kind of free service to build buyer-customer relationship.

So - I see this working at the Farmer's Market or in a mall, letting people sample your goods. You might be able to convince them to buy the 6/10-pack of whatever it is if you're pushy enough. But online? 

How do I know that if I work for free for someone, they will come back to me? Most people will not - they will just think that you're easy prey. I personally worked hard to get where I'm at right now - so I assume the same for other sellers as well. Why sell ourselves short, then? 

7 hours ago, katakatica said:

So - I see this working at the Farmer's Market or in a mall, letting people sample your goods. You might be able to convince them to buy the 6/10-pack of whatever it is if you're pushy enough. But online? 

I think it depends in part on what type of service you offer on the platform, as well as the circumstances.

I would never give away my work completely for free, but maybe it's possible to give someone a taste of it.

Just yesterday i was messaging with someone who seemed on the fence as to whether to order from me or not. I suggested that he provide me with a sample of his voice, and I would give him a quick impression for free but not a full evaluation of his accent (which is not free). He agreed and after I gave him my impression he ordered the Gig.

So it can work with some services, but I think you should be cautious and use your judgment with some buyers. For example, I would be wary of anyone who openly asked for something for free from me. Likewise, I would be wary of providing anything like a logo or video to someone for free as a "sample." Just my two cents!

3. Know your value

Fiverr’s services start at $5.00. While it can be tempting to offer promotions or discounts to start your orders rolling in, offering your work for free is not a recommended approach to connect with or entice potential buyers. Set your potential buyers' expectations and set the precedent that your work can’t be obtained for free. It’s essential to know your worth as a seller and not to compromise it to attempt to attract buyers.

Source: https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360010949038-4-Things-to-Do-Before-Creating-Your-Gig?segment=seller

Archived