I can't keep up consistent sales

harithdeshan

Hi there!

I've been in the game for a couple of years. But, still I cannot keep up my consistency on receiving orders. There was a super video editing gig, it was great. But after 30 days out of the office, all went down. Now the gig won't even sell once!!!

Why is my top performing gig is dead now. Even Fiverr knows that I provide top notch, but they don't let me have this!!!

I am so frustrated with these stuff guys....

Any ideas?

3 hours ago, harithdeshan said:

Hi there!

I've been in the game for a couple of years. But, still I cannot keep up my consistency on receiving orders. There was a super video editing gig, it was great. But after 30 days out of the office, all went down. Now the gig won't even sell once!!!

Why is my top performing gig is dead now. Even Fiverr knows that I provide top notch, but they don't let me have this!!!

Any ideas?

It's not Fiverrs job to market your gigs. That responsibility falls entirely on you. If Fiverr thinks your gig will sell, they will showcase it to your buyers. 

If your gig dropped after being out of office, you're not the first one to experience this. In fact, I wrote a post on it a while back: 

Now this might not be as relevant any longer. I know sellers who use it regularly, and I've used it myself too, without much hit to my sales. But only for short periods of time. 

If you've been out of the game for a while, try updating and refreshing your gigs with some new gig images, videos, descriptions and so on. It will tell the algorithm that you're actively working on your gigs, and it might give you a little boost. Keyword here is "might". 

Best of luck! 

4 hours ago, smashradio said:

It's not Fiverrs job to market your gigs. That responsibility falls entirely on you. If Fiverr thinks your gig will sell, they will showcase it to your buyers. 

If your gig dropped after being out of office, you're not the first one to experience this. In fact, I wrote a post on it a while back: 

Now this might not be as relevant any longer. I know sellers who use it regularly, and I've used it myself too, without much hit to my sales. But only for short periods of time. 

If you've been out of the game for a while, try updating and refreshing your gigs with some new gig images, videos, descriptions and so on. It will tell the algorithm that you're actively working on your gigs, and it might give you a little boost. Keyword here is "might". 

Best of luck! 

Well, I was doing a lot of changes to my gig, hopefully it will kick start again. Thanks for the reminders and advices!!!

Cheers!!!

14 hours ago, harithdeshan said:

Why is my top performing gig is dead now.

Your gig is not dead, you just aren't connecting it to your target customers who need that service. Market, market, market.

Even Fiverr knows that I provide top notch, but they don't let me have this!!!

As has already been noted, it is not Fiverr's job to make sure you have orders. That is your responsibility, and right now, you have no orders, because you are expecting Fiverr to do that for you. Research your target customers, understand their unique needs, and then go reach out to them, wherever they are located, and convince them to hire you. YOU are the only person who is responsible for your success.

You cannot be frustrated with something you have chosen not to do. Your target customers want to hire someone like you. YOU need to show them who you are, how you can help them, and convince them that YOU are the best seller for the job. 

Slow spells are are a very common phenomenon (unless you are fortunate enough to have the happy problem of constantly having orders in queue). On your profile, it states that your last delivery was 3 days ago. I don't know what exactly the OP considers "dead," but a 3 day lull would hardly be considered a deceased account for many sellers.

17 hours ago, harithdeshan said:

Even Fiverr knows that I provide top notch, but they don't let me have this!!!

Fiverr keeps tabs on a lot of things. Turnover rate, review rating, order timeliness, average order price, etc. Individual seller performance is tracked through various metrics, but sellers do not exist in a vacuum. There may very well likely be other sellers who have superior performance metrics to your own or are algorithmically considered a more suitable match to a larger amount of buyer inquiries. 🤷‍♂️

I have no idea how Fiverr works. I'm not complaining, just sharing my experience:

I've been a seller for 5 years, completed 235 orders, have 198 5-star reviews, have zero negative reviews. 

The entire five years have been slow even though I offer unique gigs and have zero negative reviews.

I was 'out of the office' once or twice, which had no negative effect.

My seller level has never had an effect that I know of (I receive the same amount of orders whether I am a 'new' seller or a level 2. 

Two of my gigs were deleted by Fiverr out of the blue at different times (one was my best selling gig, the other was new). Both were services that 20 other sellers offered (both before my gigs were deleted, and still up long after).

I wonder if any other sellers have a similar experience?

19 hours ago, jonbaas said:

Your gig is not dead, you just aren't connecting it to your target customers who need that service. Market, market, market.

As has already been noted, it is not Fiverr's job to make sure you have orders. That is your responsibility, and right now, you have no orders, because you are expecting Fiverr to do that for you. Research your target customers, understand their unique needs, and then go reach out to them, wherever they are located, and convince them to hire you. YOU are the only person who is responsible for your success.

You cannot be frustrated with something you have chosen not to do. Your target customers want to hire someone like you. YOU need to show them who you are, how you can help them, and convince them that YOU are the best seller for the job. 

I agree, agree and agree... Still, my SEO is really good. I am optimizing my gig from top to bottom. I even put my big reviews on the description to see. Anyone who see those will know how good I was before. Thing is it's like I have been degraded or something. 

Hear me out! At the start as a fresher, I did not have any placements. So my SEO tactics could lift me up to the first page of my target keyword. But now, no matter how hard I optimize wording, my gig seems not to be moving anywhere on the ranking. This is why I kind of frustrated actually. If you could explain more deep things about SEO I'll might figure this. 

Any help appreciated!
Kind regards.

16 hours ago, enunciator said:

Slow spells are are a very common phenomenon (unless you are fortunate enough to have the happy problem of constantly having orders in queue). On your profile, it states that your last delivery was 3 days ago. I don't know what exactly the OP considers "dead," but a 3 day lull would hardly be considered a deceased account for many sellers.

Fiverr keeps tabs on a lot of things. Turnover rate, review rating, order timeliness, average order price, etc. Individual seller performance is tracked through various metrics, but sellers do not exist in a vacuum. There may very well likely be other sellers who have superior performance metrics to your own or are algorithmically considered a more suitable match to a larger amount of buyer inquiries. 🤷‍♂️

Oh, you got something confused, even though I talk about my video edit gig, I have a gig that sells regularly. And thanks for the SEO tips, that gave me some ideas!!!

14 hours ago, mae_creativity said:

I have no idea how Fiverr works. I'm not complaining, just sharing my experience:

I've been a seller for 5 years, completed 235 orders, have 198 5-star reviews, have zero negative reviews. 

The entire five years have been slow even though I offer unique gigs and have zero negative reviews.

I was 'out of the office' once or twice, which had no negative effect.

My seller level has never had an effect that I know of (I receive the same amount of orders whether I am a 'new' seller or a level 2. 

Two of my gigs were deleted by Fiverr out of the blue at different times (one was my best selling gig, the other was new). Both were services that 20 other sellers offered (both before my gigs were deleted, and still up long after).

I wonder if any other sellers have a similar experience?

Wow, that is rough!

I mean it's not fair, right? Just deleting gigs like that? What was the reason behind it? Did they explain? 

Secondly, I totally agree with this slow phase thing. Even though we could do with a greater capacity, we don't receive much work. But there a few niches/topics that sells very fast and often. However, my experience bit of what you experience of around 2 years.

1 hour ago, harithdeshan said:

But now, no matter how hard I optimize wording, my gig seems not to be moving anywhere on the ranking. This is why I kind of frustrated actually. If you could explain more deep things about SEO I'll might figure this. 

Perhaps the kind of SEO so many sellers think is vital to a great gig, isn't really all that important to the Fiverr system. Fiverr bases their system on gig/seller performance. Perhaps SEO isn't all that high on Fiverr's list of performance metrics.

Archived