Really not impressed... Been a level two seller for a long time.....

jd52wtf

Sad that it has come to this. One moronic buyer who cannot follow instructions and I get knocked down from my level two for the next 5 months. I've delisted all of my gigs and won't be performing anymore work on here. 

I have an impeccable history on this site and get treated like crap as a consequence of their "buyer first" mentality. They've also made it nearly impossible to place a ticket and won't do anything about it even if you do manage to place one.

THIS IS NOT A PLATFORM FOR PROFESSIONALS. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere. 

image.png.b21ce3dbdb4d6bae19a841fe49bd0026.png

Almost 200 reviews with a 4.9 and you're going to quit because of one really crappy experience? Naw, no way. Being a business person is hard, it takes resilience. No way you got to 180 reviews without being someone who can bounce back from this. You already know that any platform you go to, or just selling by yourself, you're going to have some situations that are straight up unfair. Success doesn't depend on the perfect platform, it depends on resilience and persistence, sometimes sheer bullheadedness. And I think you have it.

It happened to me once, I got knocked all the way back down to New Seller after being level 2 for years. It sucked. I wanted to quit. But I kept going and now I'm farther than I ever thought I would be. And you know what? It will happen again. I'll get a bad review, I'll get reported for something that isn't my fault. Someone in my family will get hospitalized and I'll miss a bunch of deliveries and have to start over from the bottom. But I won't quit. Mostly because I like money, tbh.

This forum is mostly sellers. It doesn't hurt us at all if you quit. And honestly, if you want to go find a more perfect platform to sell your stuff, that's cool. Whatever keeps you moving ahead is great. But you've got 180 good reviews here and that's a leg up you'll have to do without anywhere else. You owe it to yourself to get back on that horse. EIther way, I wish you the best. You got this.

A 4.9 star average is good. Very good. In fact, some people think it is a more "realistic" rating than the sea of 5 star profiles that might be perceived (whether erroneously or accurately) as being padded with fake reviews.

Having two terrible buyer experiences stink, but they shouldn't sour you to the point of completely abandoning your account. Bad buyer experiences are inevitable, regardless of how skilled, talented and professional a seller is. A seller without any negative reviews simply hasn't been selling long enough. It is bound to occur.

I can't speak about your CS experience, but I've learned to be extremely cautious for warning signs of potentially problematic buyers over freelancing for the past year and a half. You seemingly have as much experience on the platform as I do, so you likely are able to sniff out trouble buyers as well, but even then, unfortunately, bad buyers can and will sneak through. If you took away the two terrible buyer experiences, would you still consider your efforts on Fiverr a waste? Just something to consider.

40 minutes ago, rachelbostwick said:

Almost 200 reviews with a 4.9 and you're going to quit because of one really crappy experience? Naw, no way. Being a business person is hard, it takes resilience. No way you got to 180 reviews without being someone who can bounce back from this. You already know that any platform you go to, or just selling by yourself, you're going to have some situations that are straight up unfair. Success doesn't depend on the perfect platform, it depends on resilience and persistence, sometimes sheer bullheadedness. And I think you have it.

It happened to me once, I got knocked all the way back down to New Seller after being level 2 for years. It sucked. I wanted to quit. But I kept going and now I'm farther than I ever thought I would be. And you know what? It will happen again. I'll get a bad review, I'll get reported for something that isn't my fault. Someone in my family will get hospitalized and I'll miss a bunch of deliveries and have to start over from the bottom. But I won't quit. Mostly because I like money, tbh.

This forum is mostly sellers. It doesn't hurt us at all if you quit. And honestly, if you want to go find a more perfect platform to sell your stuff, that's cool. Whatever keeps you moving ahead is great. But you've got 180 good reviews here and that's a leg up you'll have to do without anywhere else. You owe it to yourself to get back on that horse. EIther way, I wish you the best. You got this.

Thank you so much for the encouragement. It is really hard on here sometimes and I have thought about quitting so many times, but I thought about why I started in the first place. You are right, it is never easy on any sight. You will run into bad people. It is inevitable. You have shared your experience with us and that is so important to new people that don't really understand starting a business. Things can get tough and sometimes when it rains, it pours. All the best to you.

Hey!
While I'm not proud of it, I've been demoted several times during the time I was on Fiverr (and I have quite a few bad reviews from the time I was unable to focus on Fiverr when my laptop was broken!) And here is the thing - one or two bad reviews (or a bad experience or two) will NOT ruin your talent - or your shot at doing well on the site. Now that I'm actually serious about writing, everytime I get a review under 5 stars, I still feel down - but I shake it off because we don't have the time to mope around.

Is it unfair that some people end up not being nice even though you'd thought they would be (or you did your best to make them happy? 

Sure. But other than a chance to look at your performance and think 'how can I make sure this type of person (say, someone that does not communicate or someone that wants more and more, etc.) will be happy? OR just learn how to recognize buyer types you don't want to deal with and know how to turn them away. 

You'll get your level back soon (if you do decide to stay on Fiverr) and most buyers won't care much about one or two 'meh' reviews. Think about restaurants on yelp/other platforms - most of them don't have perfect ratings and people still go! (but of course, if you want to take a break, that's understandable. The first 'slap' hurts the longest. Just know that you're not the only one who's had bad reviews - and not the only one who can easily overcome them!

2 hours ago, jd52wtf said:

THIS IS NOT A PLATFORM FOR PROFESSIONALS. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere. 

Interesting comment for a "professional" who is acting like a kid who didn't get a participation trophy. This is business, some people suck, some will steal. Most won't, but geez, you always this thin skinned?  Business ain't for babies. 

1 hour ago, newsmike said:

Interesting comment for a "professional" who is acting like a kid who didn't get a participation trophy. This is business, some people suck, some will steal. Most won't, but geez, you always this thin skinned?  Business ain't for babies. 

I am someone who does not agree with how the site handles such things so I have decided not to make any more money for them.

The only negative reviews I have ever gotten were do to people placing orders without contacting me first so therefore ordered in error and did not like what they were told. Not allowing sellers to cancel orders without the fear of negative impact puts all of the pressure on the sellers and no responsibility on the buyers. I don't agree with it.

As a professional there is no reason why I would tolerate this. In my professional career I am very careful with whom I work with or have business dealings with. On this platform they have removed all of those decisions completely offering zero assistance with the issue when they do pop up.  

6 hours ago, jd52wtf said:

Sad that it has come to this. One moronic buyer who cannot follow instructions and I get knocked down from my level two for the next 5 months. I've delisted all of my gigs and won't be performing anymore work on here. 

I have an impeccable history on this site and get treated like crap as a consequence of their "buyer first" mentality. They've also made it nearly impossible to place a ticket and won't do anything about it even if you do manage to place one.

image.png.b21ce3dbdb4d6bae19a841fe49bd0026.png

This comes across as a bit whiney in my opinion. You get a single bad review, and you give up? Then you go on to say this isn't a platform for professionals? What a great attitude! 

1 hour ago, smashradio said:

This comes across as a bit whiney in my opinion. You get a single bad review, and you give up? Then you go on to say this isn't a platform for professionals? What a great attitude! 

There has been a good deal of "I'm going to take my football and go home" sulking lately. I wonder how these people would deal with actual business situations like shoplifting, yelling at the cashier, you know...real business challenges.  

11 hours ago, newsmike said:

There has been a good deal of "I'm going to take my football and go home" sulking lately. I wonder how these people would deal with actual business situations like shoplifting, yelling at the cashier, you know...real business challenges.  

Yeah, it's curious. But I guess this is a result of upbringing and culture among millenials (and this new generation we're struggling with. What is it now. Generation XZY?). 

We've got two generations who have little to no work ethic, a backbone softer than their nerves when dealing with pressure. They can't even handle having a "boss" anymore. Now it's "inspirational leader" or some other soft term. 

Now they are entering the freelance world, too. They probably figured out that having someone decide what they should do was too hard, so they wanted to be their own boss. Worked out great, wouldn't you say? 

(This is more of a general view of the working population at large these days, in my not so humble opinion, and not a reflection of my opinions about any one individual, on Fiverr or otherwise). 

21 hours ago, rachelbostwick said:

This forum is mostly sellers. It doesn't hurt us at all if you quit. And honestly, if you want to go find a more perfect platform to sell your stuff, that's cool. Whatever keeps you moving ahead is great. But you've got 180 good reviews here and that's a leg up you'll have to do without anywhere else. You owe it to yourself to get back on that horse. Either way, I wish you the best. You got this.

I wish the seller follow this good advice right here...

You can't please everyone, especially in freelancing.

21 hours ago, rachelbostwick said:

This forum is mostly sellers. It doesn't hurt us at all if you quit. And honestly, if you want to go find a more perfect platform to sell your stuff, that's cool. Whatever keeps you moving ahead is great. But you've got 180 good reviews here and that's a leg up you'll have to do without anywhere else. You owe it to yourself to get back on that horse. Either way, I wish you the best. You got this.

I wish the seller follow this good advice right here...You can't please everyone, especially in freelancing.

also there was a time I was introducing a my brother to Fiverr and I used my computer to register his account. After creating several gigs he called me to polish some of his gigs since he was in a different town. My Fiverr account was flagged that I had multiple account. My account was almost level one and I was back to drawing board.

4 hours ago, smashradio said:

We've got two generations who have little to no work ethic, a backbone softer than their nerves when dealing with pressure. They can't even handle having a "boss" anymore. Now it's "inspirational leader" or some other soft term. 

Well someone has to be food first when SHTF.

On 9/15/2021 at 12:49 PM, katakatica said:

Hey!
While I'm not proud of it, I've been demoted several times during the time I was on Fiverr (and I have quite a few bad reviews from the time I was unable to focus on Fiverr when my laptop was broken!) And here is the thing - one or two bad reviews (or a bad experience or two) will NOT ruin your talent - or your shot at doing well on the site. Now that I'm actually serious about writing, everytime I get a review under 5 stars, I still feel down - but I shake it off because we don't have the time to mope around.

Is it unfair that some people end up not being nice even though you'd thought they would be (or you did your best to make them happy? 

Sure. But other than a chance to look at your performance and think 'how can I make sure this type of person (say, someone that does not communicate or someone that wants more and more, etc.) will be happy? OR just learn how to recognize buyer types you don't want to deal with and know how to turn them away. 

You'll get your level back soon (if you do decide to stay on Fiverr) and most buyers won't care much about one or two 'meh' reviews. Think about restaurants on yelp/other platforms - most of them don't have perfect ratings and people still go! (but of course, if you want to take a break, that's understandable. The first 'slap' hurts the longest. Just know that you're not the only one who's had bad reviews - and not the only one who can easily overcome them!

People like you are very special. Thanks so much for sharing.

On 9/15/2021 at 9:22 PM, rachelbostwick said:

Well said,its really sad

On 9/15/2021 at 8:52 PM, rachelbostwick said:

Well said! Gotta pick yourself up mate! 

Archived