Rude and threatening customers, how to deal with?

raphaelmartines

Today I was threatened to receive bad review and also I was mistreated just because I decided to put an end in an abusive costumer. Since the beginning of an order I like to keep everything under control and every time I like to explain what kind services I'm going to do, but sometimes costumers just ignore all rules and there's nothing to do about it, Fiverr always goes to the costumer side.

Unfortunately it's common that situation, friendly costumers until you say "we need to finish the order cause my time and your budget is out". The service is already cheap even so we sellers must deal the situation.

How do you guys deal with that?

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, raphaelmartines said:

I decided to put an end in an abusive costumer.

You may want to re-read what you wrote above. The word you are looking for is "customers". 

I certainly hope you didn't go after abusive costumers. Yikes!

33 minutes ago, raphaelmartines said:

The service is already cheap even so we sellers must deal the situation.

How do you guys deal with that?

I don't charge cheap prices. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I thankfully have not experienced something like that anymore. I did once or twice many years ago when I started out..... Although in my gig requirements I do have some kind of automatic reminder that mentions any revisions outside of what was additionally ordered will cost extra.

If I encountered something like that I would stand my ground and get paid for the work I did. Or would have refused to work with or cancelled the order before moving forward or working on it. However if it has come to a point that you already did the work, then stand your ground. You deserve to get paid for what you have already produced. If he threatens with a bad review so be it, you will be able to respond accordingly. Successful sellers will always have a cloud of good reviews that trumps those bad ones.

47 minutes ago, raphaelmartines said:

Since the beginning of an order I like to keep everything under control and every time I like to explain what kind services I'm going to do, but sometimes costumers just ignore all rules and there's nothing to do about it, Fiverr always goes to the costumer side.

Must have been a red flag from the start though? Did the buyer order something outside of what he initially purchased?

• Like 3
  • Up 1