Why was my gig denied? "I will respond to negative customer reviews and complaints online"

valeriecarisma

Hi! I've been hit with the automated denial from Fiverr twice now due to a "general TOS violation." I'm trying to troubleshoot this issue myself but in the meantime, I did reach out to Fiverr's support team for assistance (no response yet).

My original gig description was as follows:

Welcome to my customer support and complaint resolution gig! I have over ten years of customer service knowledge gained from retail, call center, online review management, and social media experience.

I'm here to support your business's online community by responding to negative reviews and complaints on the following platforms:
Yelp
Google My Business
Better Business Bureau
Trustpilot
Sitejabber
Your business's official website

I'll respond to reviews in your brand's unique voice while keeping in mind your business's policies, procedures, strategies, and goals. I also offer pre-made responses your team can use in the future to address repeat concerns.

Let's work together to give your customers the best service!

*If you have a custom request, please message me first so we can create a personalized gig that suits your needs.

I thought maybe mentioning the platforms by name was the issue so I removed this from my second attempt, but the result was still the same. Does Fiverr scan gig photos? These platforms are named in my gig photo as well.

Thanks in advance for helping me sort this out!

• Like 1

I'm guessing it's more to do with the fact that you mentioned "reviews" at all than mentioning the specific platforms. Fiverr doesn't allow people to do real or fake reviews, positive or negative for pay, and they might be considering what you are offering to be something along the lines of trying to modify reviews. It's not even allowed to do testimonials for pay, even if the buyer sent you the product and you really tried it. They just don't allow reviews.

Now I'm not saying that's what your doing - it sounds pretty reasonable to me, like you're just offering a customer service gig. But I think it might be a grey area, and Fiverr might just decide that it's too close to review manipulation for them to allow it. Maybe you can offer something more general. Hoping it works out for you one way or another.

For your reference, prohibited services:
Prohibited Services - Fiverr's Community Standards

You've probably already read it, but others reading your thread may not have, so there it is.

• Like 6
  • Up 2

10 minutes ago, valeriecarisma said:

Hi! I've been hit with the automated denial from Fiverr twice now due to a "general TOS violation." I'm trying to troubleshoot this issue myself but in the meantime, I did reach out to Fiverr's support team for assistance (no response yet).

My original gig description was as follows:

I thought maybe mentioning the platforms by name was the issue so I removed this from my second attempt, but the result was still the same. Does Fiverr scan gig photos? These platforms are named in my gig photo as well.

Thanks in advance for helping me sort this out!

You can't offer fake reviews on Fiverr, and this might be the reason, since you're using the word "review". Whenever you get a "general TOS violation" it usually means "the system flagged your gig because of a word automatically". 

• Like 4

I have no idea, but one or more of those platforms may not allows non-brand-affiliated reps from participating in reviews/communication for that brand? It might be against their TOS, which means you can't do it on Fiverr either. 

• Like 1

Hi! Today I checked my emails and Fiverr's Customer Support team responded to my support request:

I understand how important it is for you to understand the current status of your Gig.
I forwarded your request to the relevant team for review and as soon as they reply, I will follow up with you on this ticket and provide further information.

A couple of hours later, they followed up with:

Thank you for your patience.
I'm happy to inform you that your Gig has been approved once again. 

As you all previously shared, I think the word "review" did throw off Fiverr's system and automatically flagged my gig. I'm so glad this got sorted out without having to edit my gig again. Thanks again for the help, everyone!

• Like 3
  • Up 1

40 minutes ago, valeriecarisma said:

As you all previously shared, I think the word "review" did throw off Fiverr's system and automatically flagged my gig. I'm so glad this got sorted out without having to edit my gig again. Thanks again for the help, everyone!

Great that you got it sorted. I could see how there definitely would be customers for your service, some sort of specialized Virtual Assistant service 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1