Very close to becoming TOP SELLER

Listen.

Filling up those bars feels amazing. It really does.

But you're not really close to becoming a TRS. 

You're really close to fulfilling the minimum requirements to maybe someday possibly become one. Congratulations!!!

But Fiverr goes through and handpicks TRSes.

Most people sit at level 2 and never progress for years.

Maybe never. 

It took two, maybe three years of being a level two with all those bars filled maddeningly high. Finally I gave up.

Guess what? You don't need to be a TRS to have a wonderful career. Once I got bumped from level 2 all the way down to new seller. Never even took a single hit in my sales because customers cared about my good reviews, not the color of my badge. 

So enjoy meeting all those requirements. It's AWESOME to have a goal. But once you are there, pick another goal besides becoming a TRS.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, rachelbostwick said:

Listen.

You're really close to fulfilling the minimum requirements to maybe someday possibly become one. Congratulations!!!

Maybe never. 

It took two, maybe three years of being a level two with all those bars filled maddeningly high. Finally I gave up.

Guess what? You don't need to be a TRS to have a wonderful career. Once I got bumped from level 2 all the way down to new seller. Never even took a single hit in my sales because customers cared about my good reviews, not the color of my badge. 

So enjoy meeting all those requirements. It's AWESOME to have a goal. But once you are there, pick another goal besides becoming a TRS.

Being a top rated seller has its advantages. But the biggest advantage you can have is being good at what you do. I'm not gonna lie. My business increased after I got the TRS badge. But I was happy being a level 2 for several years, and I never expected to become a TRS. 

• Like 4
  • Up 1

1 minute ago, smashradio said:

. My business increased after I got the TRS badge.

You're right, if I'm being honest, mine did, too. But I already have to close my shop every month because I get too much work, so I hardly notice. And probably 2/3 of my work is repeat buyers who picked me before I was ever a TRS, so I don't think I would even lose much if I drop back down now.

Also I really, really like 7 day withdrawal, but it sounds like Fiverr Plus gets you that, too.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, rachelbostwick said:

Listen.

Maybe never. 

Ya it just a goal, I don't mind being level 2 as it quite good too. To be honest I was sharing it here because i am loving spending time here on this forum so trying to find new posts to make more engaging positive work talks. Thanks for sharing your insight on it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rachelbostwick said:

You're right, if I'm being honest, mine did, too. But I already have to close my shop every month because I get too much work, so I hardly notice. And probably 2/3 of my work is repeat buyers who picked me before I was ever a TRS, so I don't think I would even lose much if I drop back down now.

Also I really, really like 7 day withdrawal, but it sounds like Fiverr Plus gets you that, too.

If you have to close up shop due to workloads, that's the perfect time to increase your rates. :D 

I have a lot of repeat buyers as well (about 50% of my business comes from repeat buyers), and I kept getting new buyers as a level 2 as well. But the TRS badge does give you more visibility, and that yellow line saying "Top Rated Seller" and a notice that you're "Vetted by Fiverr" can really have an impact. There's also some buyers who filter out anyone who's not a TRS when they search. 

So being a TRS has a lot of advantages. VIP support and faster response times is also a nice quality-of-life improvement. You get those + 7 day withdrawals with Seller Plus, too, but I wouldn't be surprised if some of the advantages goes exclusive to Plus after a while. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, smashradio said:

If you have to close up shop due to workloads, that's the perfect time to increase your rates. 😄

I keep raising them and they just keep hiring me, Maestro 😭 

(You're soooo right though. I hereby pledge to raise my rates at least 25% before I open my shop again)

9 minutes ago, smashradio said:

You get those + 7 day withdrawals with Seller Plus, too, but I wouldn't be surprised if some of the advantages goes exclusive to Plus after a while. 

I did actually decide to put myself on the waiting list, btw.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rachelbostwick said:

I keep raising them and they just keep hiring me, Maestro 😭 

(You're soooo right though. I hereby pledge to raise my rates at least 25% before I open my shop again)

I did actually decide to put myself on the waiting list, btw.

Congos on getting on the waiting list! I'm so proud of you, Maestroness! Also for the price bump! Yeeee-haaaw!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...