Some impertinent talk

Enjoy life in the right way:
When the age is over 40, the highly educated and the less educated are all equal, even the less educated are earning more.
When you are over 50, black and white are all equal, no one thinks about who looks beautiful, who looks smart.
When you are over 60, it doesn't matter if you have a job in a high position or a job in a low position. Not even a peon looks at a retired boss.
When you are 60, your big flat, big house is not a matter of pride, but when the house is big, it is difficult to maintain it. If you have a small room.
When you are 60, you have money, even if you don't have it. If you want to spend money, you will not find a place to spend it.
When you are 90, sleeping and waking are the same. You don't even know what to do when you wake up.
When you are 100, it doesn't matter if you survive or not. The people of the world no longer think of you.
That is the meaning of life !!! Nothing more !!! What is the benefit of so much pressure ??? Just think for the hereafter.
Learn to enjoy life in the way of Allah from your own place, use the time, you will see that both this world and the hereafter will be beautiful for you.

• Like 14
  • Confused 3

This is ridiculously ageist and wrong.

I'm over 40, and people absolutely still take things like education into account. You think racism goes away after 50? People over 60 aren't all retired, and their career (and the money they earned) definitely matters. They still have to spend money on everything a 30-year-old does.

I won't go on. I'm not sure if you're trying to make a point, push your religious views on people, or what. This is just all wrong.

• Like 9
  • Confused 1

So, part of me wants to understand this in a somewhat positive (albeit skewed - flickering, I guess?) lighting. 

"Live every day as if there is no tomorrow? Don't stress?" those kinds of things. But.. you're bringing things into this that make the post a little... odd. Why wouldn't people think of the 100 year old grandma - I would have killed (not really, but I hope you know what I mean) for my grandpa to live until that age. 

People work hard and fight to have what they want - and to have more. Is it meaningless just because everyone dies one day? I genuinely don't think so. It's good to promote less stress/pressure - but not by discrediting others' hard work. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Wow! I cannot believe 13 people liked this post. More than likely it is the same mindless users who like every post merely to get points toward getting the grand master badge. 

On 9/14/2021 at 3:20 AM, akashahmed78 said:

Enjoy life in the right way:

Learn to enjoy life

I can agree with the above.

When you are 90, sleeping and waking are the same. You don't even know what to do when you wake up.

My father is 91. He helps my sister mow the lawns of her rentals. This spring he helped my brother replumb a house where the water pipes froze last winter. He cooks for himself, washes hie clothes, and cleans his house. He reads the newspapers and enjoys watching the news and having discussions with me about what is happening in the world. Your assessment of 90 year old people is wrong in many cases.

When you are 100, it doesn't matter if you survive or not. The people of the world no longer think of you.

You. Have. Got. To. Be. Kidding! If my father  lives to be 100 I will be eternally thankful and neither I nor my 4 siblings would stop thinking of him.

When you are 60, you have money, even if you don't have it. If you want to spend money, you will not find a place to spend it.

WHAT! I have been 60 and at the time I found plenty of places to spend my money. 🤨

When you are 60, your big flat, big house is not a matter of pride, but when the house is big, it is difficult to maintain it. If you have a small room.

I am not sure of what you are trying to say here. I do not have a big house, it is a mid sized house with a large yard and it is a source of pride. Furthermore, both my husband and I are 70 and we have no problem maintaining our yard and home. 

When you are over 60, it doesn't matter if you have a job in a high position or a job in a low position. Not even a peon looks at a retired boss.

I am a retired teacher. So I guess  was the 'boss' of my students. I have a FB account where most of my friends are former students. I like to communicate with them and they like to communicate with me. Furthermore, one or two of my former bosses are my friends on social media and we still care enough about each other to communicate. 

When you are over 50, black and white are all equal, no one thinks about who looks beautiful, who looks smart.

What does black, white, brown green or purple have to do with beautiful or smart? All people are unique and have individual abilities. 

When the age is over 40, the highly educated and the less educated are all equal, even the less educated are earning more.

Some less educated could be earning more, but I would love to see the statistics that prove the less educated are earning more. 

On 9/14/2021 at 6:38 AM, leannelrivers said:

Impertinent talk indeed. 

Irrelevant indeed! 

On 9/14/2021 at 6:29 AM, melanielm said:

This is ridiculously ageist and wrong.

Agreed! 

Edited by vickiespencer
  • Like 3
  • Up 1