Write a killer description for your gig

uiuxtanim

The Most Important Thing Which Most of the Sellers Ignores

A common mistake done by new sellers is publishing a gig without proper description. Today I will talk about some of the mistakes and will try tell about what should you do.

You see, if you want to sell something then you have to describe your product specialty to the customer. You have to make your customer understand that why your product is special in the market. Then he will convinced to buy your product.

Exact same theory is applicable for your Fiverr gig. Buyer have to find something special in your gig description then he will convinced. 

Now, I am telling about some common mistakes the seller does with the gig:

• Doing copy/paste of someone else's gig description.
  • Not introduce the service properly. This means lack of proper detail about your service.
  • Don't offering special offer which is unique if you compare it with other gigs on your category.
  • Doing grammatical mistakes.

Many others are done by the new sellers. But these are some common mistakes. If you want to prepare a professional gig then you must avoid these mistakes.

Here are some important things you must include on your gig description if you want to make it professional:

• Research other sellers gigs and get an idea on your mind. Plan about what you will include on your description and what will you avoid.
  • Then write a rough sketch on a paper and revise it again and again. If you found any mistake make the correction. And while it's final then write the final one on your gig description.
  • Include some special offers which aren't on other's gig description. For example: give 10 days after sales service, give special offer based on your service e.t.c.
  • Try to write your service areas properly. I mean for example: I work as a web uiux designer. I have included my designing tool names, My delivery files details, My portfolio site link e.t.c. Do the same related your service.
  • To avoid grammatical mistakes use Grammarly or similar extentions help.
  • Use several columns to write your descriptions so that it don't look noisy.

Hope my writings will help you a little bit.

If you follow these words while writing your gig description hope your description will look professional. If you have any question please feel free to ask me on comment section. I will be happy to answer you!

Next time I will try to talk about the pricing of the gig for the new sellers. Thanks a lot for your time!

Tanim Ahamed

UIUX Designer

• Like 35
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 4

31 minutes ago, uiuxtanim said:

To avoid grammatical mistakes use Grammarly or similar extentions help.

You should definitely have used it as well before writing this post.

32 minutes ago, uiuxtanim said:
  • Research other sellers gigs and get an idea on your mind. Plan about what you will include on your description and what will you avoid.
  • Then write a rough sketch on a paper and revise it again and again. If you found any mistake make the correction. And while it's final then write the final one on your gig description.

These are actually sort of useful tips though.

33 minutes ago, uiuxtanim said:

Use several columns to write your descriptions so that it don't look noisy.

This doesn't make sense, you can only write descriptions in one column. Probably spacing you mean.

• Like 13

10 minutes ago, theratypist said:

You should definitely have used it as well before writing this post.

These are actually sort of useful tips though.

This doesn't make sense, you can only write descriptions in one column. Probably spacing you mean.

Thanks for your reply. Will try to make better in the future. I have just shared my experience of my real life. And as I am not a professional writer may be did mistakes, apologies for that.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, uiuxtanim said:

Doing grammatical mistakes.

Your 4th thing to avoid is "Doing grammatical mistakes."  Oh my sides.  🤣  I think you just "did" one.

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 6
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, newsmike said:

Your 4th thing to avoid is "Doing grammatical mistakes."  Oh my sides.  🤣  I think you just "did" one.

You are right, ha ha ha. I avoid mistakes on my gigs, but couldn't avoid it here. As I posted this post from my phone so I couldn't avoid mistakes by using Grammarly 😁 for this one. Because I am not a native speaker of English, trying to learn it more. Apologies for the mistakes and thank you so much for your reply!

Edited by uiuxtanim
  • Like 7

4 hours ago, creativesaidul6 said:

Thank you for sharing. I have been working 2 months in fiver but did not get an order

Keep trying and please don't lose hope! Keep learning, send offers to the buyer requests every day. Hope you'll get the success. All the best!

• Like 5

On 9/14/2021 at 1:03 AM, uiuxtanim said:

A common mistake done by new sellers is publishing a gig without proper description. Today I will talk about some of the mistakes and will try tell about what should you do.

You see, if you want to sell something then you have to describe your product specialty to the customer. You have to make your customer understand that why your product is special in the market. Then he will convinced to buy your product.

Exact same theory is applicable for your Fiverr gig. Buyer have to find something special in your gig description then he will convinced. 

• Not introduce the service properly. This means lack of proper detail about your service.
  • Don't offering special offer which is unique if you compare it with other gigs on your category.

Many others are done by the new sellers. But these are some common mistakes. If you want to prepare a professional gig then you must avoid these mistakes.

Here are some important things you must include on your gig description if you want to make it professional:

• Include some special offers which aren't on other's gig description. For example: give 10 days after sales service, give special offer based on your service e.t.c.
  • Try to write your service areas properly. I mean for example: I work as a web uiux designer. I have included my designing tool names, My delivery files details, My portfolio site link e.t.c. Do the same related your service.

If you follow these words while writing your gig description hope your description will look professional. If you have any question please feel free to ask me on comment section. I will be happy to answer you!

Next time I will try to talk about the pricing of the gig for the new sellers. Thanks a lot for your time!

Tanim Ahamed

UIUX Designer

It's really good tips for writing a killer description🙏

• Like 5

Tanim Ahamed

UIUX Designer

Thanks for giving such valuable information. 

• Like 4

Tanim Ahamed

UIUX Designer

thanks

• Like 4

Tanim Ahamed

UIUX Designer

Thank you

• Like 4