Anyone demoted from seller 2 to new seller?

Anyone demoted from seller 2 to new seller?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Anyone demoted from seller 2 to new seller?

It happened to me once, I was working with a rude buyer and I cancelled his order just a day in.

Nothing really happened. Orders came in as always. I didn't have more than 7 gigs so it didn't really have an impact on me.

• Like 5

17 hours ago, videobuff said:

am posting this poll to know how many of you demoted from seller 1/ seller2 to new seller?

Repectfully, your poll is completely useless, because no one gets demoted from Level 2 seller to New Seller. That's not how the seller levels work. If you are a Level 2 seller, you will be demoted to Level 1 seller. "1" comes between "0" and "2".

If you mean, over the course of two months, then yes, that is normal (i.e., demotion from Level 2 > Level 1 > New Seller). Sellers are promoted and demoted -- to/from all sequential levels all the time. 

Edited by jonbaas
  • Like 7

Years ago, I was demoted from Level 2 to Level 0 in one month due to not answering spam. I reported it, but didn't answer. That didn't work back then. It then took two months to regain my Level 2 status. Even though I qualified again for Level 2, they said they could only advance me one level per month. (Grrr...) That wouldn't happen today as they've fixed the spam issue. 

8 hours ago, jonbaas said:

because no one gets demoted from Level 2 seller to New Seller. That's not how the seller levels work. If you are a Level 2 seller, you will be demoted to Level 1 seller. "1" comes between "0" and "2".

If you mean, over the course of two months, then yes, that is normal (i.e., demotion from Level 2 > Level 1 > New Seller). Sellers are promoted and demoted -- to/from all sequential levels all the time. 

Level 1 requires 90% response rate the same way Level 2 does. If you don't have that, you don't qualify for either, and they will drop you all the way down. Not "new seller," but level 0 or whatever they call it.

Edited by melanielm
  • Like 6

4 hours ago, coerdelion said:

Yes - I got demoted twice on the same day once - from L2 to L1, then from L1 to L0.  It was a St Levels day.  Not a great day all round and took a while to recover from it.  Quel surprise, it was a CS issue.  *sigh*

That was veryy bad. For me also the same issue got demoted from L2 to L1 to L0😑 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, melanielm said:

Level 1 requires 90% response rate the same way Level 2 does. If you don't have that, you don't qualify for either, and they will drop you all the way down. Not "new seller," but level 0 or whatever they call it.

The "level 0" you referred to is called "New Seller". And no, sellers do not skip levels in automatic promotion or demotion. 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, jonbaas said:

The "level 0" you referred to is called "New Seller". And no, sellers do not skip levels in automatic promotion or demotion. 

Well, I'm glad they don't anymore. They did years ago when it happened to me. Nice to know Fiverr is fairer about that now... and that they fixed the spam issue I had back then.

• Like 4
  • Congrats! 1

Experienced it last year during the pandemic due to a series of buyers who wanted a Ferrari with a budget for a KIa. It didn't affect sales, still got listed as Fiverr's choice (at the time I had no level). Heck at this point I don't know what they mean by Fiverr's choice hahahaha

• Like 6
  • Sad 1