support new sellers please for GOD sake!!

Hello all, I just want to say to the BUYERS that for GOD sake also take care of all new sellers. They also have a lot of experience as the top sellers, level 1 and level 2 have. they also have a hope to get the order on Fiverr and support his family and more financial problems. one thing that i am telling you is that I am not talking about myself. i am talking about all of the new seller. just enough thanks
  • Like 9

8 minutes ago, yasirkhan_12 said:
Hello all, I just want to say to the BUYERS that for GOD sake also take care of all new sellers. They also have a lot of experience as the top sellers, level 1 and level 2 have. they also have a hope to get the order on Fiverr and support his family and more financial problems. one thing that i am telling you is that I am not talking about myself. i am talking about all of the new seller. just enough thanks

Why would you expect paying customers to spend money on new sellers when they can get it from an experienced, top rated seller? They don't run the same risk of ending up with an unknown seller who has no results to showcase. Why would you assume new sellers have the same experience as top rated sellers, who have worked on the platform for years, building their reputation and profiles with hard, honest work? 

Fiverr is not the Red Cross. It's not a social security office. It's a business platform, where you have to compete against everyone else. If you open up a store, you can't expect customers to just start rolling through the door. You have to work for years to build a viable business, and it takes skills, experience, investment and hard work to do. 

I find it incredibly curious that sellers like yourself expect "support" from buyers. Why?! Why would I, as a buyer, spend my hard-earned money on some unproven new seller, when I can pick someone who spent years building a great reputation as trustworthy and skilled sellers? If you want to succeed you just have to do the same, instead of expecting handouts from buyers. 

Again: this is a business platform, not a social security office. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, yasirkhan_12 said:

they also have a hope to get the order on Fiverr and support his family and more financial problems.

I need to support my family, too, and I worked my way up from a new seller to do it. I have four children, a sick husband, and a reeaally annoying beagle dog I have to take care of. We all need the money. Fiverr's not for begging, it's for working.

• Like 13

18 minutes ago, yasirkhan_12 said:

Hello all, I just want to say to the BUYERS that for GOD sake also take care of all new sellers.

I joined Fiverr four years ago without having EVER sold anything in my life (and I've worked retail briefly. Yeah, I'm not the best at retail work.) I was a bumbling mess and my profile was - eek. Took me years to understand what sold well and what didn't (and my writing improved a lot, too.) Was I a good writer? Yeah. But I still had to climb the ladder (and I'm still only like, halfway up. Plenty of place to move up to.)

New or not, we all have issues - and unfortunately it's not that easy for buyers to know whether a new seller is really worth their time BECAUSE of the way so many people LIE on here. And trust me, they lie a lot. 

Now, are there super talented new sellers on here - yes. But should buyers pay extra-special-smechial attention to them? Nah. They should work hard the same way everyone else did.

(everyone has issues. my childhood home is going to be demolished next year the latest and we still don't know how we'll move away before that. Just because my profile has  2 on it doesn't mean I'm doing super well. New sellers might struggle - but seasoned sellers struggle, too.) 

• Like 7
  • Up 3

2 hours ago, yasirkhan_12 said:

Hello all, I just want to say to the BUYERS that for GOD sake also take care of all new sellers.

This is not a welfare project. This sort of desperate plea is neither professional or appropriate. Every TRS started as a new seller, and they had to work to get TRS, they did not beg for handouts. Learn some skills, market yourself and put your big boy pants on.  This is business, baby. 

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 8
  • Up 1

6 hours ago, yasirkhan_12 said:

They also have a lot of experience as the top sellers, level 1 and level 2 have. they also have a hope to get the order on Fiverr and support his family and more financial problems.

Are there sellers who are extremely talented/skilled in their crafts but are just starting out on the platform? Absolutely. Do they have as much experience operating on the platform as leveled sellers? Absolutely not.

The problem with brand new/non-leveled sellers is that there are SO MANY of them (with more coming in each and every minute of every day) and, unfortunately, a substantial contingent of them over-promise and under-deliver or are outright frauds due to the virtually non-existent barriers to entry on the platform.

6 hours ago, yasirkhan_12 said:

one thing that i am telling you is that I am not talking about myself. i am talking about all of the new seller.

But you yourself also happen to be a brand new seller who happens to offer the stereotypical services that are promoted by "gurus" throughout the internet (logos, background removal, data entry).

image.png.78b23d867c257eb1f648c5d306f5c60d.png

• Like 7
  • Up 3

This topic reflects the current state of affairs in the online freelancing world at large, particularly here on Fiverr. When thousands of people with little talent flock to the same platform, expecting hand-outs and "help" instead of a way to put their back into delivering high-quality services, you get topics like this. Desperate people who don't know what freelancing is all about, believing lies made up by "gurus" online, as @enunciator so eloquently pointed out. 

I genuinely believe in increasing the barriers to entry on Fiverr. If they charged every member 30 bucks a month to sell on the platform, these people would go elsewhere, or better yet, find some proper work where they can actually use their skills, whether that is bricklaying, driving a truck, cutting hair or answering phone calls. 

I understand how the pandemic has created a situation where many people are out of a job, but the way forward for them isn't to pretend – and that's what you're doing if you go on a forum begging for hand-outs, rather than doing real business. I'm sorry, but that's the cold hard truth, and someone has to say it. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Up 2