Getting ready for Halloween.

zeus777

So it's mid Septermber-ish, and I'm seeing Halloween decorations etc being sold in the stores.
Several days ago a buyer asked me to draw his family portrait, Halloween style.
Dad is Frankenstein, wife is a vampire, and the daughter a ghost.
I think it came out pretty good.

Has anyone worked on a Halloween gig too?

mixi1.jpg

1 hour ago, zeus777 said:

Yes and no! Interestingly enough I haven't had any orders directly Halloween-esque so far BUT my horror writing gig has been soaring for the past 2 weeks or so - I normally have much more interest on my game gig so it's interesting to see (but I can't complain!) 

(also, that drawing is life. Love it!)

2 hours ago, katakatica said:

my horror writing gig

That actually sounds like fun!

I knew you were a writer but I didn't know you had a specific category for that.
I do enjoy scary stories every now and then (I watch those "real scary stories" etc on youtube) , but I make sure to
read/watch them during the daytime with my cat on my lap! 🤣

47 minutes ago, zeus777 said:

I knew you were a writer but I didn't know you had a specific category for that.

I sure do! Well, nowadays I write more interactive stories/games than anything, but I guess spooky season will change that for a while. 

It was one of my first gigs (maybe the very first one, actually) although I never quite expected it to actually get orders 😄

I used to be immune to horror because I don't see well and usually I'd be watching it with friends (they'd drone out the sounds haha) but on my own I'm weak! I need to take fluff-breaks when I write something really scary! But I do like the thrill now that I'm older haha. 

10 hours ago, newsmike said:

Zeus, Nice work.  Here in US, the Christmas trees will be up in the next 2 weeks in Wal Mart/Costco.

Costco

Already out in Sam's Club as of like 9/5

19 hours ago, zeus777 said:

mixi1.jpg

I love it so much 😍😍😍 What a great gig and you did it so beautifully.

I haven't had a Halloween gig per se myself but I am building a new one just for horror covers. I got a new font (being able to buy new fonts and call it a business expensive is the fulfilment of childhood dreams for me) and it inspired a whole new look. These are some of the sample images. 

samples.jpg

10 hours ago, newsmike said:

Costco

For a split second I was thinking why the heck did Mike type in Costco twice...and yeah, I got the joke, hahaha.
And @rachelbostwick, that cover image is quiiite interesting, a police badge covered in blood, and are those wedding rings?
Ohhhhh~~~~~~. (tapping fingers together)

35 minutes ago, enunciator said:

Wearing a mask out in public for the past year and a half

I saw a photo of a guy wearing a plague mask in the supermarket. I thought wow, that's kinda smart/strange/cool/creepy all at the same time! 😄

21 hours ago, zeus777 said:

So it's mid Septermber-ish, and I'm seeing Halloween decorations etc being sold in the stores.
Several days ago a buyer asked me to draw his family portrait, Halloween style.
Dad is Frankenstein, wife is a vampire, and the daughter a ghost.
I think it came out pretty good.

mixi1.jpg

Good job

Archived