Another fiverr seller outsourced artworks from me and now uses them in their gig banner

ladyartist09

Hi there!

For my co-freelancers on fiverr, how would you feel if you see another seller using work that they have secretly outsourced from you to promote their gig?

In my case, I was one day searching thru the gigs related to art works as I offer digital illustrations and just wanted to see the gigs with most reviews. I was shocked to see two illustrations I've made for a buyer used in two different seller's gig. They're on their gig's front banners. What irked me more is when I saw that they're charging more than 5x the price they've offered to me for the work which is business, I guess.

So there, just wanted to know how you'd react and what you'd do if you experience the same. Thanks!

• Like 4

It’s shady area ethically however if you don’t have commercial licence as an extra set up on your gig then that person own all rights to your artwork. 

if you don’t want resellers using your work then set up “commercial rights” as an extra on to your gig and they will have to purchase those rights with your gig to be able to use your artwork commercially (like displaying it on their gig or reselling it to other people) 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, ladyartist09 said:

do include the commercial rights option as extra

Then if you have it on your gig then you can reach out to support stating that your client did not purchase commercial licence and now he using your work on his gig as his personal work and he doesn’t have a right to use your work in commercial purposes to make money with it. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, mariashtelle1 said:

Then if you have it on your gig then you can reach out to support stating that your client did not purchase commercial licence and now he using your work on his gig as his personal work and he doesn’t have a right to use your work in commercial purposes to make money with it. 

Right, I was thinking the same. I would have told the buyer right away had I known they were outsourcing work from me and claiming it as their work. Will definitely contact CS, thanks for the helpful response!

• Like 1