How freelancing can protect you from covid-19 virus?

We can can protect ourselves from virus by using following techniques.

1. Stay at office talk distance of 6 feet 

2. Sanitize yourself and avoid public meetings

3. Use food from your home 

4. Talk bath everyday

5. Wash hand before starting work. ]

Hope you that helps to protect you from virus.

• Like 11
  • Confused 1
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Freelancing in itself can't protect you from the virus (you can lead a normal life and freelance from home/cafés, etc.) Some of your advices also just.. sound a little silly/incorrect (washing only one hand before working doesn't make much sense and talking to a bathtub is kind of useless (they don't talk back.)

(that being said, stay safe and take care, it IS important to still be somewhat careful while going out. But life (here at least) seems to be somewhat normal now 🙂

• Like 12
  • Haha 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, katakatica said:

talking to a bathtub is kind of useless (they don't talk back.)

Woah woah, I ALWAYS talk to my bathtub, and they ALWAYS respond!! (it's called my own voice echoing)

Jokes aside, I wash my hands all the time, carry those little hand sanitizers in my bag, rinse/gargle my mouth as soon as I get home.
So far it's protecting me so I'm sure I'll continue doing so 😄

• Like 5
  • Haha 5
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, zeus777 said:

Woah woah, I ALWAYS talk to my bathtub, and they ALWAYS respond!! (it's called my own voice echoing)

Is that after the first or second beer though? It's been a while so I might not remember well... (sorry haha, had to add this in)

When I was travelling, I tried my hardest to do so as well - Paris was probably the best because masks were still mandatory, but by Malta... I was a bit worried we weren't taking it seriously enough! (it was much more laidback than the 5 other countries I visited haha)

I think some of these habits should be somewhat normal anyway if one lives in a big city. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Up 1

On 9/9/2021 at 2:40 PM, katakatica said:

but by Malta... I was a bit worried we weren't taking it seriously enough

Talking about Malta...I don't want to hijack the thread, but how are you now? I remember you had a cold or something like that 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/10/2021 at 3:18 PM, alphagev said:

Talking about Malta...I don't want to hijack the thread, but how are you now? I remember you had a cold or something like that 

(I'd say it's okay to 'hijack' because I mean... still kinda related, unfortunately haha)
So... we are suspecting I had COVID (but because I'm vaccinated, I was mostly ok other than just feeling gross/really weak for a few days. One of my roommates had a positive test on arrival back at home, so... 

(by the time we knew that and the doctor could have scheduled a test for me I was ok 😄 But I'm curious about doing an antigen test. Thanks for asking by the way haha!) 

• Like 2
  • Up 1

• 1 month later...

Working on Fiverr can protect you from covid in the sense that you don't have to go outside to work. So, if you live alone, get all shopping delivered (as I do), you can go months without leaving the house, thereby reducing the chance of getting in contact with someone infected by basically 100%.

Now, I'm not saying that living in a bunker with no direct contact with the outside world is the best choice, but it's a choice you have if you are a freelancer. Not so much if you have a traditional job.

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 1