So you had to cancel an order and the completion rate is down! What now?

smashradio

I recommend avoiding cancellations as best you can. They can really hurt your ranking/sales.

But I realize that they are sometimes impossible to avoid, or even preferable, if you had a bad experience or if you just can't make your buyer happy with your delivery.

However, if you cancel an order, that means you've probably done something wrong, like overpromising or not being clear enough about your terms, process or delivery up-front. That's not always the case, but you should do your best to learn from the experience so it doesn't happen again. 

With all that said: your order completion rate will drop when you cancel an order. That's just how things work. If your rate is too low you risk getting demoted from your current level. Your ranking in search might drop, and you can become less visible to new buyers because of it. 

Even the best sellers on Fiverr have to cancel an order from time to time. It's not the end of the world, but like I said; try to avoid them! 

If you had to cancel an order or two and your order completion rate has dropped, the only thing you can do now is to consistently deliver all your orders on time. The completion rate is measures as the percentage of your orders delivered on time in the past 60 days, so if you keep delivering on time it will go back up again! 

I hope this helps! :) 

Archived