New Sellers ....Post More ... Sell Less .... or Nothing at All!

lloydsolutions

• 2 months later...

Lloyd, thanks for the valuable tips. Seems to me though that posting in the forums is connected to the amount of gig impressions a seller gets. Correct me if I am wrong. But isn't one's activity in the forums tied to the number of gig impressions they get. If so, it seems logical to post nonsense replys like "thanks for the valuable tips" or "helpful." Because it builds participation recognition.

I have seen several profiles where the person had the exact same cheezy response to 20 different posts, all within 10 minutes. It is obvious these people are copy and pasting the same response over and over in as many threads as they can, in as little time as possible. Why would they do that? Is it a hit or miss approach to finding buyers? (I think not.) Is it a good practice or not? (Undecided.) Are they gaming the system? (Definitely.) Or is it because fiverr's algorithm is geared to promote sellers with high forum participation? If that is the case then it is quantity of posts, not quality, that finds buyers.

Here's my theory; buyers aren't deciding to buy from forum posters. Buyers are deciding to by from a sellers gig page. If so, then the more forum posts, the more impressions. The more impressions, the more clicks. The more gig clicks, the more sales one gets. Then, more forum posts = more sales. If true, then bad forum posts don't matter as much as the quantity of posts.

Stil, I totally agree with you. The more a person pays attention to grammer, spelling and thoughtful responses the more popular one is in the forums. The more popular one is, the more activity they get on their profiles. The more profile activity, the better the reputation grows. The better the reputation, the more gig  impressions one gets, eventually. This is a more organic, but slower way to build a reputation. I'm in the camp of slow, organic growth as opposed to quick but sloppy growth.

Please, correct me if I am wrong.

Tim

• Like 34

9 minutes ago, timothykoen said:

Seems to me though that posting in the forums is connected to the amount of gig impressions a seller gets. Correct me if I am wrong.

As I’ve said in the past, and I will continue to say: Your participation here in the forum DOES NOT affect your Fiverr seller Gigs, sales, or rankings in anyway. 

The above is from here: 

• Like 25
  • Congrats! 3
  • Up 3

31 minutes ago, lloydsolutions said:

As I’ve said in the past, and I will continue to say: Your participation here in the forum DOES NOT affect your Fiverr seller Gigs, sales, or rankings in anyway. 

The above is from here: 

Thanks for the valuable tips. Time to change my thinking. Glad I didn't spend endless minutes creating nonsense replies thinking it would boost my reputation. Now, I know I didn't waste time doing that.

Tim

• Like 31

• 3 months later...
6 minutes ago, riad335 said:

It's high time to create some valuable post on forum.

3 minutes ago, nahidraj_ said:

It's high time to create some valuable post on forum🙂

Have you read the above post? 👆 🤔

And instead of replying random words you guys could use google translate at least, like me. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 22