New Sellers ....Post More ... Sell Less .... or Nothing at All!

lloydsolutions

The forum is full of new sellers posting anything at all in the hope that in some way this will get them orders.

In fact this may be the end of their chances of ever getting an order.

Many buyers read the forum posts, and they are looking for a professional service.

If a years old post has been dug up, and lots of people are mindlessly offering ridiculous congratulations to a user who is no longer on the forum, you can be sure that no buyer will buy from any of them.

Buyers are looking for someone who pays attention to detail, who seems competent and sensible, and can spell the word Fiverr correctly.

Think carefully before you post. Every post says something about you.

If you post irrelevant nonsense, and terrible spelling of words that are staring you in the face, buyers will be put off.

They will just move on to buy from someone else who can spell Fiverr correctly, and understand what they are posting about.

Read and understand the previous posts, think about your answer, and then reply!

Don't let your words destroy your freelancing career!

Good luck! 🙂

Edited by lloydsolutions
  • Like 185
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 7
  • Thanks 9

• 2 months later...

Lloyd, thanks for the valuable tips. Seems to me though that posting in the forums is connected to the amount of gig impressions a seller gets. Correct me if I am wrong. But isn't one's activity in the forums tied to the number of gig impressions they get. If so, it seems logical to post nonsense replys like "thanks for the valuable tips" or "helpful." Because it builds participation recognition.

I have seen several profiles where the person had the exact same cheezy response to 20 different posts, all within 10 minutes. It is obvious these people are copy and pasting the same response over and over in as many threads as they can, in as little time as possible. Why would they do that? Is it a hit or miss approach to finding buyers? (I think not.) Is it a good practice or not? (Undecided.) Are they gaming the system? (Definitely.) Or is it because fiverr's algorithm is geared to promote sellers with high forum participation? If that is the case then it is quantity of posts, not quality, that finds buyers.

Here's my theory; buyers aren't deciding to buy from forum posters. Buyers are deciding to by from a sellers gig page. If so, then the more forum posts, the more impressions. The more impressions, the more clicks. The more gig clicks, the more sales one gets. Then, more forum posts = more sales. If true, then bad forum posts don't matter as much as the quantity of posts.

Stil, I totally agree with you. The more a person pays attention to grammer, spelling and thoughtful responses the more popular one is in the forums. The more popular one is, the more activity they get on their profiles. The more profile activity, the better the reputation grows. The better the reputation, the more gig  impressions one gets, eventually. This is a more organic, but slower way to build a reputation. I'm in the camp of slow, organic growth as opposed to quick but sloppy growth.

Please, correct me if I am wrong.

Tim

• Like 117
  • Congrats! 1
  • Thanks 2

On 11/30/2021 at 9:39 AM, timothykoen said:

Seems to me though that posting in the forums is connected to the amount of gig impressions a seller gets. Correct me if I am wrong.

"As I’ve said in the past, and I will continue to say: Your participation here in the forum DOES NOT affect your Fiverr seller Gigs, sales, or rankings in anyway." 

The above is from here: 

• Like 96
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Congrats! 6
  • Up 4

On 11/30/2021 at 9:53 AM, lloydsolutions said:

"As I’ve said in the past, and I will continue to say: Your participation here in the forum DOES NOT affect your Fiverr seller Gigs, sales, or rankings in anyway." 

The above is from here: 

Thanks for the valuable tips. Time to change my thinking. Glad I didn't spend endless minutes creating nonsense replies thinking it would boost my reputation. Now, I know I didn't waste time doing that.

Tim

• Like 98
  • Congrats! 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

In this post, every single word is essential for a new seller. Now Fiverr close the buyer request option and start the matching feature. This is a perfect update. But sell generate is little heard for the new sellers, but spamming is close now, I appreciate this update. when a seller is professional and skilled I hope they generate sellers today or tomorrow. I tell the new seller don't be upset, and to remember one thing slow, and steady wins the race.

• Like 63
  • Congrats! 1

On 11/30/2021 at 8:53 PM, lloydsolutions said:

your Fiverr seller Gigs, sales, or rankings

As far as I know and also what senior community members have repeatedly said, there is no such thing as ranking in the Fiverr search result. Every buyer gets to see a unique set of search results. It depends a lot on the buyers' preferences and some other factors. The search results are dynamic for the buyers too. Fiverr's algorithm does not support any ranking. 

Thanks much!

• Like 58
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, noirparliament_ said:

As far as I know and also what senior community members have repeatedly said, there is no such thing as ranking in the Fiverr search result. Every buyer gets to see a unique set of search results. It depends a lot on the buyers' preferences and some other factors. The search results are dynamic for the buyers too. Fiverr's algorithm does not support any ranking. 

Exactly.

(Though, @lloydsolutions was quoting another post, so you missed a bit of context.)

• Like 63
  • Thanks 1