Inbox Response dropping...Why?

therussmorris

Question

hi there! I'm just about 2 months in to selling properly on Fiverr, and I'm just nearly hitting the threshold to move up from a new seller...however, looking at my stats, my 'inbox response rate' has now dropped to 89%, which is BELOW the required 90% for 'levelling up'. This is a) slightly annoying, given my next review date is in a week and b) slightly confusing, because I'm not NOT responding to people. 

Every message I get from a buyer or potential buyer, I've responded to. I've never left a message without sending at least one message. Obviously there are times when a conversation is left with their last message, but it doesn't require a response...surely that doesn't count towards my rate? There's no reason for me to saying anything back to a 'thanks' from a buyer?

My inbox response time is currently set at under an hour, so I'm doing good there. 

What ACTUALLY affects the inbox response rate, and how can I make sure it's back above 90% for my upcoming review?

6 answers to this question

2 hours ago, therussmorris said:

hi there! I'm just about 2 months in to selling properly on Fiverr, and I'm just nearly hitting the threshold to move up from a new seller...however, looking at my stats, my 'inbox response rate' has now dropped to 89%, which is BELOW the required 90% for 'levelling up'. This is a) slightly annoying, given my next review date is in a week and b) slightly confusing, because I'm not NOT responding to people. 

Every message I get from a buyer or potential buyer, I've responded to. I've never left a message without sending at least one message. Obviously there are times when a conversation is left with their last message, but it doesn't require a response...surely that doesn't count towards my rate? There's no reason for me to saying anything back to a 'thanks' from a buyer?

My inbox response time is currently set at under an hour, so I'm doing good there. 

What ACTUALLY affects the inbox response rate, and how can I make sure it's back above 90% for my upcoming review?

Your inbox response rate is based on how many (first) messages you responded to within 24 hours. So you should answer all messages before that 24 hour mark (aim for 3-6 hours response time on average and answer absolutely all messages). 

I've experienced getting messages that was mistakenly flagged as spam, and I didn't see them for several days because I didn't check my spam folder. I've made the mistake of unmarking them as spam to respond to them, and because the messages was old it pulled my response rate down drastically. 

So it's probably because some of your inbox messages haven't gotten a response within those 24 first hours. 

Hope this helps!

I've been looking through all my different inboxes, and there is nothing there. I did find a message from someone that was literally empty from about 3 weeks ago. I didn't respond at the time...because it was empty...so I've now said 'hi', to see if that helps. Otherwise, I've responded to absolutely everything that's ever come in. 

2 hours ago, therussmorris said:

I've been looking through all my different inboxes, and there is nothing there. I did find a message from someone that was literally empty from about 3 weeks ago. I didn't respond at the time...because it was empty...so I've now said 'hi', to see if that helps. Otherwise, I've responded to absolutely everything that's ever come in. 

That won't help because you have to answer within 24 hours for a response to count. What's very helpful for this is that Fiverr puts a cute black clock icon by messages you haven't responded to yet which will count against your score if you don't answer them. You are right that ending messages shouldn't and don't count against your rate, so watch for that black icon and you'll know for sure. It also turns red if you're almost out of the 24 hour window before it will mark you down.

Thanks to everyone for your help. 

14 hours ago, rachelbostwick said:

What's very helpful for this is that Fiverr puts a cute black clock icon by messages you haven't responded to yet which will count against your score if you don't answer them. 

This is such a good thing to find out. Thanks so much for that piece of advice!

I seem to have had a boost in my discoverability, so had a number of enquiries this morning. I made sure to reply to them and now I'm back up above the 90% threshold! 

I still find it strange though because I really don't think I missed out on any responding to any messages within 24 hours, but I must have, somewhere!

37 minutes ago, therussmorris said:

I seem to have had a boost in my discoverability

In my limited experience the thing that gives me the best discoverability (even now) is finishing an order on time and earning a good review. That's why nailing the first few orders is soooo important. You're doing great, keep going!

Archived