Take Caution When Reporting Violations

ghanes14

Just wanted to toss this one out as most people probably think doing the right thing would get a positive reward, but apparently not.

Has anyone else had this happen:

I had an order with hours of work done. The buyer ordered claiming it was a research paper for a journal entry. After the 2nd set of revision requests, I started seeing signs that it might be academic, and NOT for a journal (i.e. changed their mind to APA format vs the journal's CSE format).

Long story short, I canceled the order, losing out on pay and hours of my time. Then, I reported the buyer for 'possible academic requests' and blocked them. I woke up this morning to a "first warning email" about doing academic work!

Seller tip: With Fiverr, they only seem to spot keywords and dish out warnings without reading. This is not the first time I've been punished for attempting to do the right thing on here over 6+ years. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 2

ghanes14 That's awful! I've been saying for a while now that sellers seem to be caught between a rock and a hard place.

Have you brought the matter up with customer support? I had a client cancel an order on me after doing everything that they requested and I was able to show proof of this in my conversation with CS. They remedied my rating, effectively removing her fraudulent cancellation. Perhaps they could remove the strike warning if you speak to an actual consultant and explain this whole mess to them. 

So sorry you had to experience that.

• Like 3

On 9/6/2021 at 9:55 PM, ghanes14 said:

Just wanted to toss this one out as most people probably think doing the right thing would get a positive reward, but apparently not.

Has anyone else had this happen:

I had an order with hours of work done. The buyer ordered claiming it was a research paper for a journal entry. After the 2nd set of revision requests, I started seeing signs that it might be academic, and NOT for a journal (i.e. changed their mind to APA format vs the journal's CSE format).

Long story short, I canceled the order, losing out on pay and hours of my time. Then, I reported the buyer for 'possible academic requests' and blocked them. I woke up this morning to a "first warning email" about doing academic work!

Seller tip: With Fiverr, they only seem to spot keywords and dish out warnings without reading. This is not the first time I've been punished for attempting to do the right thing on here over 6+ years. 

Thanks man ... 

• Like 3