What should i do if buyer doesnt respond

rbkretouch

• 1 month later...

Why should he?

Because you ate at a restaurant once, does that mean that you have to eat there forever after?
Becasue you dated a girl (boy, goat - I am not judgy) once, does that mean that they have to keep going out with you forever?

I bet you come up with a no on at least one of those (hopefully both).
So that means that while you may like a buyer to buy from you again, that is about you and not about them. They have their reasons. It may be that your work didn’t please them or it may simply be something else entirely. Just as you (most likely) said you felt is was not cool to have to be tied to a restaurant you went to once, this buyer has their own life to lead as they see fit. Move on.

🙂

Even when the experience was satisfactory, there are many factors why a buyer doesn’t order again: doesn’t have anything else for you to make, doesn’t have the money, they want to try with another seller, and, the most hard to accept reason, he found someone more fitting for the new project (doesn’t mean you’re bad, you just were good for an specific project and buyer may be looking for a different approach and that means finding someone different too).

Focus on keeping a good relationship with your customers so that they want to come back to you with more work, but don’t be discouraged if they don’t. It’s part and parcel of working as a freelancer, you get very few regular customers. It doesn’t mean you provided a bad service. It’s just how things work when they’re so many offers (from sellers) vs. demand (buyers that are willing to hire a seller).

Wish you do well with this though

The worst thing about freelancing is that there is no guarantee.

The best thing about freelancing is that there is no guarantee.

That means you are free to work for ANYONE who wants to hire you.

Don’t get bogged down in the belief that just because someone said you are the best and they said they will feed you new business regularly that they will.

Remember, you can work for ANYONE.

Why would you tie yourself down based on a promise that may never come true?

The worst thing about freelancing is that there is no guarantee.

The best thing about freelancing is that there is no guarantee.

That means you are free to work for ANYONE who wants to hire you.

Don’t get bogged down in the belief that just because someone said you are the best and they said they will feed you new business regularly that they will.

Remember, you can work for ANYONE.

it’s not what you are thinking about, i just wanted to know this part that’s it

• 5 months later...

Archived