Gig ranking tips from a Top Rated Seller: Are you following bad advice?

smashradio

On 9/6/2021 at 1:57 AM, smashradio said:

So you just got started on Fiverr. You want advice on how to rank your gig quickly. You see all the tips from other sellers, like "be online", "just wait and pray", "be active on the forum", and "share on social media". 

But are you actually checking if the advice you're following comes from people who are already successful

If the advice comes from someone with zero reviews who've been on Fiverr for a month without getting orders, can you even trust their advice to be good? Of course, you can't. 

If you don't want to risk wasting your time on lousy advice, here's what you need to do: 

1. Check if the seller who gave the advice is actually thriving on Fiverr. This usually means that they are a Top Rated, Pro, or even Level 2 seller. 
  2. Do your research. Don't trust the advice you read blindly. 
  3. Start thinking for yourself: make a strategy and learn the skills you need to implement it. 

Why? Because the examples I mentioned at the beginning are all lies, told, recycled, re-told, copy/pasted. And they don't work! 

Yet you'll see the same "tips" posted over and over again by pretenders who haven't managed to become successful themselves. Why would you trust their advice if the "tips" they give clearly aren't working for them? 

Here's some real advice you can implement – but they only work if you're good at what you do. If you're misrepresenting your skills, these won't work. 

• Do market research to figure out who your customers are, why they need help, and how you can solve their problems. 
  • Create an outstanding gig showcasing why you're the right person to help them, and back it up with actual knowledge. 
  • Invest in your business: hire someone professional to design your gig thumbnails (unless you're a designer), hire a writer to help you with your gig description (unless you're a writer), hire analysts to help you gain valuable insight into the market you're entering, and produce a professional gig video explaining about what you do and why the buyer should order from you. 
  • Set realistic goals, and don't overpromise. It's better to underpromise and overdeliver. 
  • Don't offer unlimited revisions, and don't sell your services for five dollars. It opens the door to bad buyers and challenging experiences. If you've come this far, you're worth more than that. 
  • Take courses in customer care to gain more than a basic understanding of how you communicate with your clients. 
  • Keep working on improving your skills in whatever niche you belong to. 
  • Treat all your buyers like they are VIPs – but only as long as they treat you with respect and courtesy. 
  • Answer messages quickly but thoroughly. Be sure to learn as much as you can about a project before accepting it, so you have a clear outline of what your work entails. 
  • Be friendly, but not too personal. Avoid terms like "dear", "bro", "mate", and "friend". It's a business, not a social club. Treat it that way. 
  • Know that there are no shortcuts to success. Work hard, but smart. Deliver outstanding quality and service to your buyers. It will make your buyers happy, ensuring you get positive reviews and positive hidden feedback. That will, in turn, increase your chances of ranking high and climbing the levels on Fiverr. 
  • Make sure to keep your buyers updated during the order. It helps the buyer feel like they are in safe hands. 
  • Don't be afraid of asking questions. If you're not 100% sure about something, it's better to ask the buyer than to make a mistake. 
  • Deliver on time, every time. Give yourself time to complete orders. If you offer 24 hour delivery time, that means you shouldn't need more than 12 hours to complete the order. If you need more, your delivery time should be set to 2 days. Delivering early and ahead of schedule has the added bonus of impressing your buyer. 
  • Praying will (most likely) not affect your gig ranking. Sure, do it if you want to pray, but don't count on it to work. That's not how business is conducted. 

So - to recap:

vetting the people that give you advice is essential. Please don't listen to people who can't even succeed themselves. Listen to the ones that have real success and who can prove it. Pretenders won't make it in the brutal world of freelancing. Don't be one of them: stand out from the crowd by doing something you're good at. 

There are no shortcuts to success. 

If we extend the delivery time( client also happy to extend the delivery) will that affect our rankings and impressions?

Edited by websitetunes
  • Like 72
  • Congrats! 2

8 hours ago, websitetunes said:

If we extend the delivery time( client also happy to extend the delivery) will that affect our rankings and impressions?

No, if you agree on extending the delivery time, this will not affect your visibility on Fiverr in any way, as far as I know. But try to avoid it when you can, because it might disappoint your buyer, even though they say it's ok. For that reason, they might leave negative, private feedback if things take longer than originally planned, and that will harm your visibility. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 68
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 2

This might be one of the most 'straight to the point post' I have read in a log time, thank you for writing.
I have wasted approximately 1 year of my life following bogus advices from YouTube and other sources then I started re-searching and in last 2 months found one truth that is lately giving me results :- 

Be genuine or Get out!

Fiverr is not a place for easy money, gigs are like business products, need to spend time on, need to be well thought and researched, if needed make investments too but have to be 120% Genuine Genuine Genuine. 

Loved the post. 
Thanks a lot again. 

• Like 68
  • Congrats! 2
  • Up 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/5/2021 at 4:27 PM, smashradio said:

Don't offer unlimited revisions, and don't sell your services for five dollars. It opens the door to bad buyers and challenging experiences. If you've come this far, you're worth more than that. 

That point catches my attention. Some so-called advisers told me before, to sell my service at a low price. but how can I offer my website design services at 10 dollars? It does not make any sense. I believe If I'm skilled then my service will be sold at the appropriate price.

On 9/5/2021 at 4:27 PM, smashradio said:

There are no shortcuts to success. 

And yah, There is no shortcuts to success.

• Like 60
  • Up 1