How are you really?

kai990

Hey all! Just want to start my first casual conversation. How are you doing in general? Honestly, 2021 has been an interesting year, to say the very least. I can understand why people would say that they’re either doing great, horrible, or just in between. 

9 minutes ago, kai990 said:

Hey all! Just want to start my first casual conversation. How are you doing in general? Honestly, 2021 has been an interesting year, to say the very least. I can understand why people would say that they’re either doing great, horrible, or just in between. 

My year has been great. I've had the time to work on gaining new skills, increased my rates and gained better business oppurtunities from it, quit social media, and became more productive and happy as a result. I've managed to save a lot of money, which should come in handy in the future. 

So all in all I'm doing very well! 2021 has been a year of both personal and financial growth. 

Obviously, there's no getting around the elephant in the room, and due to the pandemic I haven't seen my family for a few years now. That sucks. Living abroad as a freelancer can be tough. 

You didn't say how you were doing in your OP, so I'm asking here: how has your 2021 been, so far? 

40 minutes ago, kai990 said:

in between. 

Seems to be this one for me! I've managed to volunteer abroad (5 countries in total plus one for a mini-vacation) this summer, but other than those two weeks it's been... weird? I need lots of inspiration from the outside world for my writing so being shut inside hasn't been fun. I AM going back to 'school' in the sense that I'll be taking French classes starting next week (or the week after) so that's fun! 

2 hours ago, smashradio said:

My year has been great. I've had the time to work on gaining new skills, increased my rates and gained better business oppurtunities from it, quit social media, and became more productive and happy as a result. I've managed to save a lot of money, which should come in handy in the future. 

So all in all I'm doing very well! 2021 has been a year of both personal and financial growth. 

Obviously, there's no getting around the elephant in the room, and due to the pandemic I haven't seen my family for a few years now. That sucks. Living abroad as a freelancer can be tough. 

You didn't say how you were doing in your OP, so I'm asking here: how has your 2021 been, so far? 

Ay, I’m so glad to hear that your year has been great! Becoming more productive and happy is awesome!!

My 2021 year has been a rollercoaster, but currently I’m feeling happy. At the beginning of the year, I was not feeling good mentally or physically, so I set goals to try to change that. Clearly that worked because now I’m feeling much better. I still have a bit to go, but I’m confident that I’m able to do it with a lot of hard work and patience. 😅

I really hope that you’ll see your family soon because I can imagine how not seeing them for so long can feel heartbreaking. 😢

1 hour ago, katakatica said:

Seems to be this one for me! I've managed to volunteer abroad (5 countries in total plus one for a mini-vacation) this summer, but other than those two weeks it's been... weird? I need lots of inspiration from the outside world for my writing so being shut inside hasn't been fun. I AM going back to 'school' in the sense that I'll be taking French classes starting next week (or the week after) so that's fun! 

Whoaaa, five countries? That sounds so cool!! 😮😀

Yeah, I definitely get needing lots of inspiration from the outside world. I think that it’s good that you’ll be taking French classes starting next week because (assuming that it won’t be online) you get to be in the outside world. I hope that you’ll enjoy them, and I hope that eventually you won’t be shut inside as much. 😄

1 minute ago, kai990 said:

Ay, I’m so glad to hear that your year has been great! Becoming more productive and happy is awesome!!

My 2021 year has been a rollercoaster, but currently I’m feeling happy. At the beginning of the year, I was not feeling good mentally or physically, so I set goals to try to change that. Clearly that worked because now I’m feeling much better. I still have a bit to go, but I’m confident that I’m able to do it with a lot of hard work and patience. 😅

I really hope that you’ll see your family soon because I can imagine how not seeing them for so long can feel heartbreaking. 😢

That's the spirit! Yeah I had to do some stuff to improve my mental state as well.

Mainly, I quit social media (well, except the Fiverr Forum, of course). That did wonders to my mental health! I realized that I've wasted 1,5 years of my life scrolling and debating stupid people on Facebook. Social media is a big trap, and instead of getting to know yourself, you end up living through other people, letting the influence who you are.

That didn't sit right with my anymore. And man, did it change the way I saw life. I was constantly irritated by the people I disagree with, because I was persistently bombarded by their opinions. And not all opinions are equal, in my mind. Most are worth nothing at all. 

So I came to the conclusion that I wasted my time on worthless opinions, pointless information, and gained nothing from the interactions I had. 

I haven't been this envigorated in years! I've had time to focus on myself, getting to know myself, being alone with my own thoughts for once. Highly recommended. 

But yeah, not seeing the family is a bit sad. 

15 minutes ago, smashradio said:

That's the spirit! Yeah I had to do some stuff to improve my mental state as well.

Mainly, I quit social media (well, except the Fiverr Forum, of course). That did wonders to my mental health! I realized that I've wasted 1,5 years of my life scrolling and debating stupid people on Facebook. Social media is a big trap, and instead of getting to know yourself, you end up living through other people, letting the influence who you are.

That didn't sit right with my anymore. And man, did it change the way I saw life. I was constantly irritated by the people I disagree with, because I was persistently bombarded by their opinions. And not all opinions are equal, in my mind. Most are worth nothing at all. 

So I came to the conclusion that I wasted my time on worthless opinions, pointless information, and gained nothing from the interactions I had. 

I haven't been this envigorated in years! I've had time to focus on myself, getting to know myself, being alone with my own thoughts for once. Highly recommended. 

But yeah, not seeing the family is a bit sad. 

Social media can definitely lead to the worsening of mental health, so it’s good to either limit the time you’re on it or just quit it in general unless you need to use it for content creation or something like that. There’s really no point in arguing with people online because it’s not like they’ll change their opinions, and it’s not like you know them personally, so why waste the time, you know?

I knew that social media was one of the factors that was making my mental health worse, however I still wanted to talk to people online, and I am a content creator, so what I did was this: on Discord I joined two really nice, non-toxic servers rather than be in a bunch of toxic ones, and on Instagram I’m only following people who I genuinely like or who are a positive influence. I noticed myself become happier after just a short period of time because I was just seeing and participating in what made me feel happy.

Focusing on yourself and getting to know yourself is a wonderful thing and can lead to an overall positive and fulfilling life! I highly recommend that too, for everyone.

Hi, i read them all. To katakatica, also to smashradio and of course to the post creator kai990.

Glad to meet you. This year was very difficult at work. It was very confined. It was tough mentally. I have little money, and the future is uncertain. Sometimes I have to eat what there is and not what I like. Thanks to the philosophy
meditation and sports kept me strong. And managed to improve. It was a year of great changes.
I see that some complain because they do not see their family. And others we need to distance ourselves
of it because it suffocates us and is toxic to us. What a paradox this world.
Do you realize how contradictory it is sometimes? I am grateful to be able to achieve peace.
It helped me a lot to leave social networks as smashradio says they are a great trap.
Try to use them only if you need them for work. That depresses you.

I spent the entire quarantine studying.
 I acquired a master's degree in software that I was passionate about since I was little. Every day I'm a little better at it. And I also undertake
New things, difficult things that I do not know. I am starting my first website
I already have the hosting and the domain. I'm starting to write articles for her.
I'm going to use it to write reviews on thermos and medicinal plants. And i will use something
affiliate marketing in it. I hope I can help a lot of people and that they give me money.

It has been a positive year, although it could have been better economically. I know it also depends on me. That is why I am changing my attitudes and stopping wasting time. Offering what I know to people and beginning to communicate more and better.

I share part of my story with you.

3 hours ago, rodrigollorca said:

Hi, i read them all. To katakatica, also to smashradio and of course to the post creator kai990.

Glad to meet you. This year was very difficult at work. It was very confined. It was tough mentally. I have little money, and the future is uncertain. Sometimes I have to eat what there is and not what I like. Thanks to the philosophy
meditation and sports kept me strong. And managed to improve. It was a year of great changes.
I see that some complain because they do not see their family. And others we need to distance ourselves
of it because it suffocates us and is toxic to us. What a paradox this world.
Do you realize how contradictory it is sometimes? I am grateful to be able to achieve peace.
It helped me a lot to leave social networks as smashradio says they are a great trap.
Try to use them only if you need them for work. That depresses you.

I spent the entire quarantine studying.
 I acquired a master's degree in software that I was passionate about since I was little. Every day I'm a little better at it. And I also undertake
New things, difficult things that I do not know. I am starting my first website
I already have the hosting and the domain. I'm starting to write articles for her.
I'm going to use it to write reviews on thermos and medicinal plants. And i will use something
affiliate marketing in it. I hope I can help a lot of people and that they give me money.

It has been a positive year, although it could have been better economically. I know it also depends on me. That is why I am changing my attitudes and stopping wasting time. Offering what I know to people and beginning to communicate more and better.

I share part of my story with you.

Wow, everything you said sounds quite inspirational, not going to lie. 

It must’ve been really tough having an uncertain future, but instead of giving up you just kept going, which is great! 

It’s awesome that you got a Master’s in software, especially since you were passionate about it since you were young. That must’ve felt amazing, to say the least.

Ooo, you’re starting a website? How’s the process going? Is it easier or more difficult than you expected? 

And lastly, I agree with what you said about attitudes and wasting time. Obviously I wish everything around me would be better and more ‘normal’ (if you know what I mean), and that I can’t control, but I can control how I deal with that. I myself am trying to communicate more and better, so if you can do it then so can I, haha! 😄

12 hours ago, kai990 said:

Wow, everything you said sounds quite inspirational, not going to lie. 

It must’ve been really tough having an uncertain future, but instead of giving up you just kept going, which is great! 

It’s awesome that you got a Master’s in software, especially since you were passionate about it since you were young. That must’ve felt amazing, to say the least.

Ooo, you’re starting a website? How’s the process going? Is it easier or more difficult than you expected? 

And lastly, I agree with what you said about attitudes and wasting time. Obviously I wish everything around me would be better and more ‘normal’ (if you know what I mean), and that I can’t control, but I can control how I deal with that. I myself am trying to communicate more and better, so if you can do it then so can I, haha! 😄

Yes it was and it is difficult but we are still on our way :).

Regarding the web.
the process is continuous knowledge. I don't know much code, it helps me with wordpress.
The process is going well, I am designing the buttons and banner in my spare time.
I already have 3 pages written with more than 500 words.
I am little by little adding more. When it is active I want it to have some content
and at least a decent design. I think it is a medium difficulty.
It is not impossible today there are many tools that make it easier.
But like everything else to acquire the master's degree takes time and dedication. We're on it.

Have a great day

2 hours ago, rodrigollorca said:
Yes it was and it is difficult but we are still on our way :).

Regarding the web.
the process is continuous knowledge. I don't know much code, it helps me with wordpress.
The process is going well, I am designing the buttons and banner in my spare time.
I already have 3 pages written with more than 500 words.
I am little by little adding more. When it is active I want it to have some content
and at least a decent design. I think it is a medium difficulty.
It is not impossible today there are many tools that make it easier.
But like everything else to acquire the master's degree takes time and dedication. We're on it.

Have a great day

Sounds great, keep up the good work, and I’m sure that your website will turn out awesome! I hope you’ll have a great day as well, thank you! 😁

I'm pretty good, but too busy with work and University. 

I spent the first part of 2021 in lockdown, then in exam session, then working again so my mental health just deteriorated. Fortunately I could work enough to have some trips during August, so I came back quite relaxed. Now I'll start classes again, in-person work, volunteering in a wildlife center and taking Russian classes (I'll probably drop d3ad by December since I won't have time to breath). 

I also quit social media some years ago, I just have an Instagram account to keep in touch with old friends or international friends - plus I love photography so I enjoy this kind of social, no opinions or politics, just me and cat pics.

So, I'm just chilling🤷🏻‍♀️

It's been a year of extremes for me. I've had some very nice (non-Fiverr-related) career improvements. I've also been in a car accident. That type of back-and-forth swing seems to define 2021 so far.

My family is attempting to move, and navigating the real estate markets with our particular circumstances is a challenge.

No matter what, I keep working and learning everything I can. I'm trying to improve in graphic design currently and would love to learn more about photo manipulation and digital art. I'm a firm believer that if you stop learning, your brain dries up and rattles around uselessly in your skull. 

9 minutes ago, melanielm said:

I'm a firm believer that if you stop learning, your brain dries up and rattles around uselessly in your skull. 

I agree. I always try to learn new things all the time, boost my writing skills and also try out new hobbies. In my case, this is the recipe for staying both happy and productive. 

I'm AWFUL. I got diagnosed with a non cancerous brain tumour in 2017, and they cut my face off (so that they wouldn't damage it with scars), removed the tumour through my forehead, stapled my face back on, and I looked horrible for 14 months. Then I got my strength back, went back to work mixing live audio, started a new job as an electrician so that I could have more time to start a family. 

Then late 2020 they said it had been growing back as cancer this time, so I've been doing treatments all this year and I swear the medication is worse than the disease.

Archived