Is the selling slow this Month?

There could be several reasons. I had a record breaking august, with more revenue than ever. Last week was slow. 

It goes up and down, and it's not always clear why. It could be that your gig has been rotated (Fiverr rotates gigs in search frequently to give everyone a chance), or it could just be that demand for your services have dropped in the past week. 

I often see slow periods followed by a ton of orders, and it can rarely be explained by just one factor. It might be that buyers simply aren't looking for what I have to offer right now. 

I remember when I used to run a store. We usually had very busy fridays. But sometimes we could go all day without customers on a friday, for no clear reason at all. It seemed totally random. Then, the next friday was booming again. 

Whenever I have downtime like that, I try to get other things done, like taking courses, training, improving my gigs, or taking some time off. It doesn't help to worry so much everything you experience a dip in business. But if it lasts for longer periods of time, then you have to sit down and carefully consider the reasons why it might be happening, like negative reviews/hidden feedback, poor optimization, or some other element that could affect your position and/or click-through-rates and so on. 

Hope this helps! :) 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I usually complete any where from 8-18 orders a month on Fiverr. At the moment I've completed 4 order in September. I also completed 2 orders for off-site clients as well. When faced with downtime, I usually work on my site, make new connections with potential clients, or relax a bit.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, j6nyc6 said:

I usually complete any where from 8-18 orders a month on Fiverr. At the moment I've completed 4 order in September. I also completed 2 orders for off-site clients as well. When faced with downtime, I usually work on my site, make new connections with potential clients, or relax a bit.

My order number varies a lot. Sometimes there's a high number of smaller orders, other times I get fewer but bigger orders. I don't really care, as long as my revenue is above a sertain threshold. I've had five orders so far in september. I prefer to measure success by revenue increase, rather than order numbers, and to measure that year over year. As a freelancer, monthly income really isn't a good measure of your success and besides, you should always have a rainy-day-account for slow periods. I've been focusing heavily on growing that with investments this past year, and it makes me feel a lot safer and more relaxed when faced with downtime. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 5
  • Congrats! 2

5 hours ago, smashradio said:

There could be several reasons. I had a record breaking august, with more revenue than ever. Last week was slow. 

It goes up and down, and it's not always clear why. It could be that your gig has been rotated (Fiverr rotates gigs in search frequently to give everyone a chance), or it could just be that demand for your services have dropped in the past week. 

I often see slow periods followed by a ton of orders, and it can rarely be explained by just one factor. It might be that buyers simply aren't looking for what I have to offer right now. 

I remember when I used to run a store. We usually had very busy fridays. But sometimes we could go all day without customers on a friday, for no clear reason at all. It seemed totally random. Then, the next friday was booming again. 

Whenever I have downtime like that, I try to get other things done, like taking courses, training, improving my gigs, or taking some time off. It doesn't help to worry so much everything you experience a dip in business. But if it lasts for longer periods of time, then you have to sit down and carefully consider the reasons why it might be happening, like negative reviews/hidden feedback, poor optimization, or some other element that could affect your position and/or click-through-rates and so on. 

Hope this helps! 🙂

It's great post for all seller..thank you brother 🤩

• Like 4

There is no way you can know for sure why this is happening. Maybe your service is not in high demand for some reason. Or there are so many factors that come into play. Try to utilize this free time.

Check your Buyer's request section. You might get lucky there!

• Like 3