No response, Cancel or deliver?

berenice_s

Hi everyone! I need your advice.

I am working with a customer, I have completed many orders for her and everything was fine she liked my work a lot, but then she asked me for something a bit different but related to what a was doing before, and it seems that this time I couldn't meet her expectations. She just told me that she didn't like what I did and ask for changes, but she didn't tell me what to change or what she didn't like, I asked her but know she's not answering me, even though I see her online or her last seen. I redid everything again but she's still not answering. And I don't know what to do if deliver the job and wait the 3 days or cancel the order, so I won't have a bad review, I'm a new seller and I'm afraid a bad review may affect me.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, berenice_s said:

I am working with a customer, I have completed many orders for her and everything was fine she liked my work a lot, but then she asked me for something a bit different but related to what a was doing before, and it seems that this time I couldn't meet her expectations. She just told me that she didn't like what I did and ask for changes, but she didn't tell me what to change or what she didn't like, I asked her but know she's not answering me, even though I see her online or her last seen. I redid everything again but she's still not answering. And I don't know what to do if deliver the job and wait the 3 days or cancel the order, so I won't have a bad review, I'm a new seller and I'm afraid a bad review may affect me.

Don't be bullied into doing blind work for free just because you're new. If your buyer has asked for changes, they are required to provide details about what they want to change. If they don't, you should inform them about this requirement. If they still don't respond, just deliver it. 

I would try to get the buyer to answer again first, though. Communication is key. Maybe they are busy right now, so give them some time to respond. As long as you delivered the first round in time, don't worry about the order going late. Give the buyer a day or two to respond, and if you haven't heard back by then, re-deliver the work. 

Cancellations can also hurt your ranking, so keep that in mind. A bad review is more permanent, and could hurt you for longer. Don't consider cancellations until you have spoken with your buyer about this. In order to help them, you need to know what they want. If you can't do it, be honest with them, and ask if they want to cancel (since you can't deliver what they need). 

It's a difficult situation, best solved by communicating with your buyer. If that's impossible, don't let them bully you around, just because you're new. You did the work, and you should get paid, but sometimes, a cancellation is preferable to a negative review. 

I wouldn't work with this buyer again if I were you, unless it turns out to be just a case of them being busy. Sometimes it takes time to get a response, too, so don't rush this. I know it's stressful, but try to stay calm and helpful. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, smashradio said:

Don't be bullied into doing blind work for free just because you're new. If your buyer has asked for changes, they are required to provide details about what they want to change. If they don't, you should inform them about this requirement. If they still don't respond, just deliver it. 

I would try to get the buyer to answer again first, though. Communication is key. Maybe they are busy right now, so give them some time to respond. As long as you delivered the first round in time, don't worry about the order going late. Give the buyer a day or two to respond, and if you haven't heard back by then, re-deliver the work. 

Cancellations can also hurt your ranking, so keep that in mind. A bad review is more permanent, and could hurt you for longer. Don't consider cancellations until you have spoken with your buyer about this. In order to help them, you need to know what they want. If you can't do it, be honest with them, and ask if they want to cancel (since you can't deliver what they need). 

It's a difficult situation, best solved by communicating with your buyer. If that's impossible, don't let them bully you around, just because you're new. You did the work, and you should get paid, but sometimes, a cancellation is preferable to a negative review. 

I wouldn't work with this buyer again if I were you, unless it turns out to be just a case of them being busy. Sometimes it takes time to get a response, too, so don't rush this. I know it's stressful, but try to stay calm and helpful. 

Thank you so much for your answer, you really help me a lot!! I appreciate it. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, smashradio said:

Thanks for your detailed explanation

• Like 1

15 hours ago, berenice_s said:

If there is not enough requirement details to change the work, then wait for her reply with patience as buyers are not free all the time, sometimes they uses their phone thats why it shows online when you message her, but actually she is not there. Send her a formal message instead of not sending message again and again. Its a terrible situation honestly , Do not delivery a incomplete job, the other way is being late delivery if she not responded in time or cancel the order. Both will affect your profile though.