What is Fiverr doing about people buying and selling accounts?

mel_mitch

Today's dilemma?

Dealing with a buyer who is using a fraudulent 'purchased' account.

They've essentially taken all of 30 minutes to look over a 10,000 word book, declaring that it is garbage and that there is nothing I can do to fix it. Incredible! 🤣 

Looking at their reviews, they are all replications from either the same person, or containing similar wording. Can you say 'fake account!?' So what they've done is pay for an order, decline delivery under the false pretense that I didn't deliver on the proverbial goods, and they're probably going to sell it. Or worse - they were commissioned by someone else under a separate seller account, and they're trying to sub-contract the work when they can't even afford to. Utter nonsense.

Sellers are stuck between a rock and a hard place, I tell you. 

2 hours ago, mel_mitch said:

Sellers are stuck between a rock and a hard place, I tell you. 

That does look very much like a scam - could you maybe report them to CS before accepting the cancellation? I think the TOS has a clause that they can't deny a delivery based on the quality (however, they can leave a bad review, of course. They are entitled to that...) Not that I think your work is bad (but this seems to be what a lot of scammers say.) As long as it's 10k words and the genre they've asked for...you did what you were told. 

What I always do (for smaller orders mostly though) is send sort of a preview through and wait (and wait, and wait, and wait in some cases) for the OK - before actually finishing up the piece. I'd rather cancel an order 500 words in than... yeah. 

Stand your ground but stay polite and nice. (kill 'em with kindess!) 

On 9/5/2021 at 10:29 AM, katakatica said:

That does look very much like a scam - could you maybe report them to CS before accepting the cancellation? I think the TOS has a clause that they can't deny a delivery based on the quality (however, they can leave a bad review, of course. They are entitled to that...) Not that I think your work is bad (but this seems to be what a lot of scammers say.) As long as it's 10k words and the genre they've asked for...you did what you were told. 

What I always do (for smaller orders mostly though) is send sort of a preview through and wait (and wait, and wait, and wait in some cases) for the OK - before actually finishing up the piece. I'd rather cancel an order 500 words in than... yeah. 

Stand your ground but stay polite and nice. (kill 'em with kindess!) 

Katakatica, absolutely spot on. I usually offer a few check-ins throughout the writing process:

* First a manuscript outline;

* A first draft, including at least the first chapter or two as an example;

* Final delivery. 

The unfortunate thing with this particular client is that they rushed the order (Express delivery), so I had to just knuckle down all the way through. Not that it was of any less quality than what I would usually write under a normal deadline. I think a lot of these buyers forget that we have lives outside of the platform. We're just profile pictures to them. While we're here to provide a service, it has to be within reason. Needless to say, I've removed express delivery from all of my gigs today.

Archived