W-9 Issues

brandonburle876

Has anyone else had issues with W-9? I submitted my W-9 form nearly 3 weeks ago and still nothing. I contacted Fiverr customer service, but they essentially keep on saying the same thing which is they can't do anything and that I should be patient. Kind of tired of being patient and was curious if there were others who were having this same issue.

According to the informational article on W-9 at Fiverr (link below): 

How do I know that my Form W-9 compliance check was completed?

If you declared that you were a "U.S. person," the IRS will review your details, and you'll be notified if you need to take further action.

Accordingly, the IRS reviews this document, not Fiverr, so the time it takes depends on how fast the IRS handles the form. In other words, Fiverr really can't do anything about it. You could perhaps reach out to the IRS for more information. Maybe they have dealt with less than patient sellers from Fiverr before and know of a way to check on your case. 

I'm not a U.S. person, by the way, so take my advice with a grain of salt, as I have no personal experience with the W-9. Yet, I hope this information helps clarify that Fiverr actually can't do anything unless the IRS has reviewed the filing. Then, at least, you can blame the right people. 

I hope this helps! 🙂

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 4