My Fiverr gig was alwasy on first page for 3 years, but not now

teamiqbal

Hay Community, Need your help

I am a top-rated Seller, my Fiverr gig always kept the first or hardly 2nd page in search search result 60-90 clicks daily and over 100k impressions in a month, but from the last 10 days I gig status down to zero.
I did everything like changing the tags, sharing on social medial, changing in discriptions even i upload another video but it still keep on the last page when I use filter.
Please suggest me what should I do.

Thanks,

Iqbal

Screenshot 2021-09-04 at 11.53.13 PM.png

49 minutes ago, teamiqbal said:

Hay Community, Need your help

I am a top-rated Seller, my Fiverr gig always kept the first or hardly 2nd page in search search result 60-90 clicks daily and over 100k impressions in a month, but from the last 10 days I gig status down to zero.
I did everything like changing the tags, sharing on social medial, changing in discriptions even i upload another video but it still keep on the last page when I use filter.
Please suggest me what should I do.

Thanks,

Iqbal

Screenshot 2021-09-04 at 11.53.13 PM.png

Hi there!

This statistic was not fun to look at. I feel your pain. 

When it comes to optimizing your gig, there are things you can do, like I've written about in my How to rank your gig guide. But beyond that, you have little control over your gigs visibility. 

The drop could mean several things: 

• Negative hidden feedback. 
  • Automatic gig rotations. 
  • Increased competition in your niche. 
  • Lower demand overall over time. 

When you get plenty of orders, Fiverr will keep showing you off to new buyers because you seem successful and popular with the algorithm. 

When you get fewer orders, the opposite can happen. I dropped a couple of lines the other day due to a slow period (most likely), but it picked itself up again. 

Updating way too much on your gigs could also have a negative impact. Do updates only when they have a specific purpose. 

Summer can be a two-edged sword as well: some years I get an increase in business (I had a record month this august); other times, it can be really dull. 

Have you tried promoting your gigs via the promoted gigs feature here on Fiverr? 

You have many gigs... Are all of them on the last page, or is it just one this happens to? 

10 minutes ago, smashradio said:

Hi there!

This statistic was not fun to look at. I feel your pain. 

When it comes to optimizing your gig, there are things you can do, like I've written about in my How to rank your gig guide. But beyond that, you have little control over your gigs visibility. 

The drop could mean several things: 

• Negative hidden feedback. 
  • Automatic gig rotations. 
  • Increased competition in your niche. 
  • Lower demand overall over time. 

When you get plenty of orders, Fiverr will keep showing you off to new buyers because you seem successful and popular with the algorithm. 

When you get fewer orders, the opposite can happen. I dropped a couple of lines the other day due to a slow period (most likely), but it picked itself up again. 

Updating way too much on your gigs could also have a negative impact. Do updates only when they have a specific purpose. 

Summer can be a two-edged sword as well: some years I get an increase in business (I had a record month this august); other times, it can be really dull. 

Have you tried promoting your gigs via the promoted gigs feature here on Fiverr? 

You have many gigs... Are all of them on the last page, or is it just one this happens to? 

Thanks a lot for those helpul stuff lemme clearify the August month is the best ever earning month here on fiverr. 

Lemme answer to the questions

Thats unfortunately not working. I am unqualified for this right now.

all of my gigs are in the last page

1 hour ago, teamiqbal said:

Thanks a lot for those helpul stuff lemme clearify the August month is the best ever earning month here on fiverr. 

I had the same experience. Record revenues, but fewer orders. I raised my rates, too, and it achieved what I wanted it to. 

Thats unfortunately not working. I am unqualified for this right now.

I see. Have you got access to Fiverr Plus? If so, maybe your success manager could help out. It's very strange to see that type of drop for a TRS, unless you had loads of negative hidden feedback lately. 

all of my gigs are in the last page

That just makes it even more strange. I'm at a loss, and really don't know what could be causing this. Unless you've gotten bad hidden feedback – or it could just be a result of gig rotations, and it will pick itself up after a while then. 

Customer support will unfortunately just reply with a scripted response when people ask why they have lost their ranking, so I would get Seller Plus if I could, and talk to your SM about it. If you don't have access to that program, I really don't know what else to tell you,except don't give up, keep delivering on the orders that do come in (hopefully you have some regular buyers), and it will hopefully pick itself up in a little while! 

I had a very slow week, too, after my record breaking revenue in august, but I don't worry so much about it, and I try to spend the extra time wisely by taking some courses and working on improving my skills and gigs. 

No seller has a monopoly on where their gigs are placed in the search results. The Fiverr algorithm gods are fickle and constantly shifting to try to better cater results to specific buyer inquiries/purchasing history, and Fiverr CS likely won't be revealing anything meaningful as to why your performance stats have taken a dip.

🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, enunciator said:

No seller has a monopoly on where their gigs are placed in the search results. The Fiverr algorithm gods are fickle and constantly shifting to try to better cater results to specific buyer inquiries/purchasing history, and Fiverr CS likely won't be revealing anything meaningful as to why your performance stats have taken a dip.

🤷‍♂️

You are 100% right! I'll keep learning

CustomerCare Sent me those step so thats mean those who follow them are somehow guarantee to keep the things going:

Fiverr is a dynamic and competitive platform with thousands of sellers and we can't guarantee where a Gig will be found in the search or category, as Gigs are rotated constantly and we can't disclose info about our search algorithm. We provide a marketplace for you to advertise your services (Gigs) and it is up to you to make them appealing and promote them to bring in more sales. 

If you need help getting some sales, here are a few tips:

1. Try to adjust or edit your Gig periodically, as this will keep things fresh and updated. A few personal suggestions that I always enjoy seeing are creative videos or pics on the Gig description. These catch buyers' attention and it's more entertaining and it's a great way to stand out from the rest, this, in turn, makes your Gigs unique and different.

2. Promote your Gigs on social media to reel the buyers in! Do so by clicking on My sales >> My Gigs, on the Gig you would like to promote, you will find on the right side a drop-down menu with the option "Share".

3. Get in touch with buyers in the Buyer's Request section, as this is a goldmine that helps sellers to get in touch with potential buyers. You can contact a buyer in this section and create a Gig around the service they're requesting which will help draw more attention to your account and Gigs on Fiverr.

4. We encourage you to participate in the Fiverr Forum. Our more seasoned sellers are happy to share their tips and tricks with everyone there: https://forum.fiverr.com/c/Fiverr-Tips/tips-for-sellers

5. You can give our new  Fiverr “Learn” feature a try, to expand your skills and to stand out in our marketplace. For more information, click here https://learn.fiverr.com/

I really hope all this info I round up for you helps you understand the whole Gig search process and assists you in getting your sales up!

If you already applied some of these, try changing settings, the way you did it, looking for the best combination to give you desired results.

6 minutes ago, mohummadasif said:

Assalamualykum Iqbal vai don't worry about that sometime its happen and automatically recover the position just need to wait for this moment.

WALAIKOMASSALAM Muhammad Asif, Appreciated actually it did happend to me but for max 5,6 days... sure I need to keep the patience. Your Comment looks Peaceful man.. Thanks a lot.

2 minutes ago, sharifhtusher said:

share your gig on social media.

doing all of them

1. Try to adjust or edit your Gig periodically, as this will keep things fresh and updated. A few personal suggestions that I always enjoy seeing are creative videos or pics on the Gig description. These catch buyers' attention and it's more entertaining and it's a great way to stand out from the rest, this, in turn, makes your Gigs unique and different.

2. Promote your Gigs on social media to reel the buyers in! Do so by clicking on My sales >> My Gigs, on the Gig you would like to promote, you will find on the right side a drop-down menu with the option "Share".

3. Get in touch with buyers in the Buyer's Request section, as this is a goldmine that helps sellers to get in touch with potential buyers. You can contact a buyer in this section and create a Gig around the service they're requesting which will help draw more attention to your account and Gigs on Fiverr.

4. We encourage you to participate in the Fiverr Forum. Our more seasoned sellers are happy to share their tips and tricks with everyone there: https://forum.fiverr.com/c/Fiverr-Tips/tips-for-sellers

5. You can give our new  Fiverr “Learn” feature a try, to expand your skills and to stand out in our marketplace. For more information, click here https://learn.fiverr.com/

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there.let me tell you my story maybe that will help you a bit.

I am level 2 seller with 5 star rating,always deliver on time and my response time is 1h.I have been on first page for more than a year.I was always a fiverr choice and sometimes they left the badge there for almost three month in a roll.In June i was buried in work  and things were great.I had a complicated client.Who was clicking on revision request but wasnt explaining what he would like to adjust.Usually i would cancel the order ( i noticed that it didn't effect my ranking at and i rather canceled the order than had a bad review or a bad hidden review.In this case i was a bit stubborn since i knew i did amazing job every time client click on revision i send him a offer for 15 usd sine there wasn't any free revisions included in the order.We were going back n forward of me sending offer and he declining it.after he accepted delivery no review was left.But my stats wend down completely.When the promote option got removed all my gigs got de ranked.They all went down to 0 clicks a day and around 25 impressions daily.First two weeks i waited since it happens now and then that you disappear from search.Then i optimized my gig,changed the video etc.I also noticed that some of my friends who were always in the first page were nowhere to be found.After talking with them for a while i understood that it wasnt the review but some other force why we disappeared from the first page.After trying many things to rank back after 45 days the promo option was back and my gig was back in first page.Not for long though 😄 maybe 1 day.I got ton of impressions and clicks but due to other projects my conversion  rate was terrible since i directed clients to other editors.So next day i was not able to promote my gig since it falls short compare to other gigs in my category 😄 and i will be honest it was painful to see.My gigs all went back down and had 0 clicks a day. same happened with my friends.After thinking a lot about it i think the problem is in repeated buyer metrics.Since there is no human factor and algorithm decides where your gig will be displayed i think it does it based on repeated buyer stats.Think of it like a street market.All of music video editors are under same category ( so "Apple sellers " ) if you have a good apples for good price clients will come back.If they dont your apples r not that great.Problem here is that my apples were a bit exclusive and not everyone was able to afford them.But what data shows is that client purchased my gig for (200). Was satisfied gave 5 stars and after a month he went to another editor  purchased his gig for (140) and was also satisfied and started to purchases from him on regular bases.In this case data shows that we both sell apples,his apples were as good or better and cheaper.Thats not highly accurate since maybe the client didnt have that much income and maybe thats why cheaper service better fits his needs but for ranking i guess thats the main thing Also fiverr measures your 60 day performance.If in 6 days i have 0 orders even if i am level two or top rated it dost really Mather.I think you have more chance of landing a new client as new seller starting from scratch.SInce you would start small,your clients would be happy since you deliver superb work,you would constantly raise the price but every cleint would be happy and algorithm would favor you.

Of course i also went through other options than creating a new profile.I contacted my old clients and offered them ridiculous prices to get some orders in to rank back but even after 10 deliveries nothing changed

I looked in to other options

Option 1 - find clients outside of fiverr.In this case fiverr can be used simple as transaction platform(an expensive one )

Option 2 i thought maybe getting traffic to fiverr would somehow help me rank back.After digging around i found out ton of people on fiverr are using Bots.Even more funny was that fiverr wasn't fighting against it but promoting it.I found a service on fiverr from person who gets you from 30 impressions to 7 thousand daily in couple of days.The service clearly shows that you would get hundreds of clicks daily from backlinks but in reality its just some random traffic not from real people.This gig has hundreds of reviews  un bunch of open orders.It was clear that this person was using some sort of software but advertising like he would place your gig in pages relative to you niche 😄 😄 Anyhow after thinking of using that service i though that will destroy the profile completely since convention rate would be as terrible it can get.thousand clicks a day and 0 orders 😄 After chatting with seeler she said it will not be the case and many people are using his service on monthly bases.So maybe it helps the ranking in some way but i didnt take the chance and i would advise people to do so.Looking back at instagram in 2015 when they buying likes and views clearly helped rank profiles maybe finding ways how to trick fiverrs algorithm will become more and more actual.Cool thing is that wont need to look for the service since currently fiverr itself promotes it 😄 Thanks everyone who read the whole thing.

To the author - hope your promote option will come back and stay there.when it comes to me soon it will be 90 days since the promo option is gone and i hope it will came back again (45 day circle )

Has anything changed for you? It happened to me on Tuesday too, fiverr just killed all my gigs and took away even the promo option. For no reason at all. I can only find myself on the last page with the "online" filter, I'm not even on the 20th clean page.

I have to say, I can see that many experienced sellers have faced this virus as well, as I see their great gigs next to mine. And our last page is more like the usual 1-3 pages, so many good gigs have fallen there.

On 9/5/2021 at 1:39 AM, teamiqbal said:

I did talked with them, they suggested to do edit stuff and all those they suggested I did implement but still not recovering

Give it some time, the search algorithm is complex and it works so the customers gets the best shopping experience. If it's not showing in the first page for you, it may be different for someone else because like I said, the search algorithm is complex and it will work differently for each user. 
I hope your gig gets ranked back soon. 
Good luck. 

On 10/2/2021 at 6:51 AM, bad_robot said:

Has anything changed for you? It happened to me on Tuesday too, fiverr just killed all my gigs and took away even the promo option. For no reason at all. I can only find myself on the last page with the "online" filter, I'm not even on the 20th clean page.

I have to say, I can see that many experienced sellers have faced this virus as well, as I see their great gigs next to mine. And our last page is more like the usual 1-3 pages, so many good gigs have fallen there.

45 days and promo will be back 

@teamiqbal 

Hi if all of your gigs are in the last page, there's no problem with your gigs, the point here is that something affected your entire account. Other point is that you mentioned that your Promoted Gig is Unqualified, this is a common thing happening to the sellers so i could say that all time that your Promoted Gig be disable your gigs will be in the last page or worst than this.

The reason? Not sure, but is something about the overall statistics of your account, mainly the private customer survey that have much more impact in your profile than the public ratings. The things that you can do, problably you already know: get more orders and delivery the best quality and get better ratings, certainly your gigs will return to better positions when "you receive the notification that your Promoted Gig is available."

Sometimes they advice the sellers to make courses in the "Fiverr Learn" where you can get a badget in your profile, but i'm not sure if this will help in something because there's some biggest sellers that never made some of this courses.

@freddysaint Not sure about 45 Days, it can be less or more time, will depends of the statistics of each account, but you are right the things usually return back when the Promoted Gig is available again.

Just got my promo option back.Earlier than expected.I thought it will return in like ten days or so but it happened today.Might be that a delivery i did today ( 3 days before deadline and a small tip) effected the promote option and the reson it returned quicker than expected.Anyhow will see how long it lasts

Repeat buyer is the new important term for ranking. If you can manage few orders from your previous client, your gig can rank again. And don't lose your hope, it may take time. It can be couple of months. Still you have the chance to get your gig ranking back. wish, you get your position back soon. 

On 9/28/2021 at 3:16 PM, freddysaint said:

Hi there.let me tell you my story maybe that will help you a bit.

I am level 2 seller with 5 star rating,always deliver on time and my response time is 1h.I have been on first page for more than a year.I was always a fiverr choice and sometimes they left the badge there for almost three month in a roll.In June i was buried in work  and things were great.I had a complicated client.Who was clicking on revision request but wasnt explaining what he would like to adjust.Usually i would cancel the order ( i noticed that it didn't effect my ranking at and i rather canceled the order than had a bad review or a bad hidden review.In this case i was a bit stubborn since i knew i did amazing job every time client click on revision i send him a offer for 15 usd sine there wasn't any free revisions included in the order.We were going back n forward of me sending offer and he declining it.after he accepted delivery no review was left.But my stats wend down completely.When the promote option got removed all my gigs got de ranked.They all went down to 0 clicks a day and around 25 impressions daily.First two weeks i waited since it happens now and then that you disappear from search.Then i optimized my gig,changed the video etc.I also noticed that some of my friends who were always in the first page were nowhere to be found.After talking with them for a while i understood that it wasnt the review but some other force why we disappeared from the first page.After trying many things to rank back after 45 days the promo option was back and my gig was back in first page.Not for long though 😄 maybe 1 day.I got ton of impressions and clicks but due to other projects my conversion  rate was terrible since i directed clients to other editors.So next day i was not able to promote my gig since it falls short compare to other gigs in my category 😄 and i will be honest it was painful to see.My gigs all went back down and had 0 clicks a day. same happened with my friends.After thinking a lot about it i think the problem is in repeated buyer metrics.Since there is no human factor and algorithm decides where your gig will be displayed i think it does it based on repeated buyer stats.Think of it like a street market.All of music video editors are under same category ( so "Apple sellers " ) if you have a good apples for good price clients will come back.If they dont your apples r not that great.Problem here is that my apples were a bit exclusive and not everyone was able to afford them.But what data shows is that client purchased my gig for (200). Was satisfied gave 5 stars and after a month he went to another editor  purchased his gig for (140) and was also satisfied and started to purchases from him on regular bases.In this case data shows that we both sell apples,his apples were as good or better and cheaper.Thats not highly accurate since maybe the client didnt have that much income and maybe thats why cheaper service better fits his needs but for ranking i guess thats the main thing Also fiverr measures your 60 day performance.If in 6 days i have 0 orders even if i am level two or top rated it dost really Mather.I think you have more chance of landing a new client as new seller starting from scratch.SInce you would start small,your clients would be happy since you deliver superb work,you would constantly raise the price but every cleint would be happy and algorithm would favor you.

Of course i also went through other options than creating a new profile.I contacted my old clients and offered them ridiculous prices to get some orders in to rank back but even after 10 deliveries nothing changed

I looked in to other options

Option 1 - find clients outside of fiverr.In this case fiverr can be used simple as transaction platform(an expensive one )

Option 2 i thought maybe getting traffic to fiverr would somehow help me rank back.After digging around i found out ton of people on fiverr are using Bots.Even more funny was that fiverr wasn't fighting against it but promoting it.I found a service on fiverr from person who gets you from 30 impressions to 7 thousand daily in couple of days.The service clearly shows that you would get hundreds of clicks daily from backlinks but in reality its just some random traffic not from real people.This gig has hundreds of reviews  un bunch of open orders.It was clear that this person was using some sort of software but advertising like he would place your gig in pages relative to you niche 😄 😄 Anyhow after thinking of using that service i though that will destroy the profile completely since convention rate would be as terrible it can get.thousand clicks a day and 0 orders 😄 After chatting with seeler she said it will not be the case and many people are using his service on monthly bases.So maybe it helps the ranking in some way but i didnt take the chance and i would advise people to do so.Looking back at instagram in 2015 when they buying likes and views clearly helped rank profiles maybe finding ways how to trick fiverrs algorithm will become more and more actual.Cool thing is that wont need to look for the service since currently fiverr itself promotes it 😄 Thanks everyone who read the whole thing.

To the author - hope your promote option will come back and stay there.when it comes to me soon it will be 90 days since the promo option is gone and i hope it will came back again (45 day circle )

100% same story lets hope for the best.

Archived