Third dose, at least in Italy seems accepted

Ok, a little update about the vaccine. in Italy seems the third dose will be distributed, initially to the weaker citizens. Considering this, we are facing a similar situation to the flu vaccine, which is annual.

I don't want to tell you to accept or not the vaccine (I'm not a medic etc etc), but I really fear we'll never get rid of this Covid. The only "good news" about it is that reducing social distances and using masks reduced other diseases cases. Probably we learned also to wash our hands. Yes bitter humor.

Edited by manuelmarino
  • Like 4
  • Sad 5
  • Up 3

They're already distributing the third dose in Serbia, 180 days or more after people have received the second dose. It's strongly recommended to certain categories, but anyone who wants it can get it if 180 days or more have passed since the second dose.

• Up 5

My dad already got his when I was abroad, he's got severe health issues so for him it's quite important not to get, well, sick (or at least only mildly.)

Hungary also lets anyone get the 3rd dose but for now we are 'free' (no masks, no restrictions, no nothing) which I'm a bit worried about...but we'll see I suppose. 

• Like 1
  • Up 4

5 minutes ago, manuelmarino said:

I saw the news today that there are Countries in the world beginning to study a FOURTH dose!

The only thing in my mind is doubling down on our investments. Those companies are there to stay. Look at the jump on Moderna. 😂

• Like 4

I mean, if it becomes like a flu shot, I don’t mind. Do it once/twice a year - and go live your life. 

If it turns into “we’re gonna jab you every two months to see what happens”, I’ll stick to my 2 shots and that’ll be it for the time being. They finally cleared me to get a 2nd shot this Wednesday and I can’t wait to be done with the experience. 

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, theratypist said:

The only thing in my mind is doubling down on our investments. Those companies are there to stay. Look at the jump on Moderna. 😂

argh... very right!! do you remember the scifi novels about medical corporations ruling the world? probably it's no more "scifi"... 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

ok, it's time for the third dose! official, today starts the new vaccine campaign in Italy for 3 millions of italians. A study explains that a third dose raises again the vaccine efficiency to 95%. Yes if it will be possible for me to do it, maybe in january or february, I'll do it for sure.

Edited by manuelmarino

11 hours ago, manuelmarino said:

ok, it's time for the third dose! official, today starts the new vaccine campaign in Italy for 3 millions of italians. A study explains that a third dose raises again the vaccine efficiency to 95%. Yes if it will be possible for me to do it, maybe in january or february, I'll do it for sure.

I hear it is so effective that Costco is going to start offering a 24 pack of them. Big savings. 🙂

• Like 1