Jump to content

Buyer asked to cancel after completed work. Please advise.


lortui
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi guys, so I've completed an order for a buyer.

The buyer also asked me for extra stuff which I've delivered. Now after a while the buyer said this is not what he was looking for.

So if it wasn't what he was looking for, why he asked me to send some extras as well then?

I don't understand. Anyway to avoid any bad reviews, I've asked the buyer to cancel the order in order to get a refund.

I feel like this buyer just wanted to get everything for free from me ☹️ I've wasted my entire day dealing with this buyer and lost the money.

Did you get the same kind of situation on Fiverr, how did you deal with that?

  • Like 7
  • Sad 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, lortui said:

Did you get the same kind of situation on Fiverr, how did you deal with that?

I wouldn’t have cancelled in this situation. 
I’d rather have a bad review and write my reply on that review on what happened. 
One bad review for me is better than loosing my time and only for the work done. Plus it’s also protection for the future: other scammers would think twice if they want to try the same as they would see from the review that the previous blackmail didn’t work 

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, marufkash said:

You have nothing to do against Buyer. So, you should complete the order according to Buyer's Demand to save yourself. Although it will be free.

Yes, I've completed the order and buyer asked me for more. At the end he said this is not what he was looking for. So he wanted to get everything for free.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, mariashtelle1 said:

I wouldn’t have cancelled in this situation. 
I’d rather have a bad review and write my reply on that review on what happened. 
One bad review for me is better than loosing my time and only for the work done. Plus it’s also protection for the future: other scammers would think twice if they want to try the same as they would see from the review that the previous blackmail didn’t work 

Ok thanks. It didn't take me too much time to complete the order but it took me a long time to go through the dispute. At the end I was tired of wasting time so I told the buyer please cancel the order and get the refund. I've asked the buyer to cancel so I should not get any negative reviews correct?

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi most buyers on the Platform are ethical and will always pay you for your work and if they don't then Fiverr Team will make sure they do so you should've used the resolution center and Fiverr Team will check the order page and the delivery of your service then pay you for your efforts. 

I have been on Fiverr since years and never had an issue unfixed they are very nice and helpful, so rest assured they will support you, JUST MAKE SURE YOU WORK EXCLUSIVELY ON THE PLATFORM, so they can review all communication and protect your rights.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, lortui said:

I've asked the buyer to cancel so I should not get any negative reviews correct?

It doesn’t matter who will cancel the order. Even if you initiate cancellation buyers wouldn’t be able to leave a review. 
if orders are cancelled buyers are not entitled for a review. 
 

However, buyer will still get a survey for hidden review. And they might or might not fill it out. I haven’t been on a buyers side for a long time especially with cancellation so things might have changed 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, contactprop said:

Buyers will not leave a public review if they cancel because they didn't get the order, so it makes sense, don't worry about that.

Ok thank you. So I should always ask the buyer to cancel the order if worst case scenario the buyer wants a refund? I don't want any negative reviews, how can I avoid that?

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, contactprop said:

Hi most buyers on the Platform are ethical and will always pay you for your work and if they don't then Fiverr Team will make sure they do so you should've used the resolution center and Fiverr Team will check the order page and the delivery of your service then pay you for your efforts. 

I have been on Fiverr since years and never had an issue unfixed they are very nice and helpful, so rest assured they will support you, JUST MAKE SURE YOU WORK EXCLUSIVELY ON THE PLATFORM, so they can review all communication and protect your rights.

Thanks. I didn't know that. So next time even if the buyer keeps complaining I can contact the Fiverr support and tell them to review the order?

Btw I've found out this buyer just opened his account last month... so probably is scamming other sellers getting things for free. Can I flag this buyer account to fiverr so they can block him?

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, nsfhad07 said:

I think you should cancelled the order & refund the money. Because if you get a negative review all your GIG will be lost ( Personal experience) 

That's what I did. I've asked the buyer to cancel so he could get the refund. I wanted to avoid any negative review. The buyer just wanted to get the refund and the gig for free.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Update: this buyer account has been cancelled from Fiverr. I think the buyer requested a refund to every seller and probably the account got banned.

So yea this buyer was getting everything for free from sellers. Is there a way to stop these bad clients? Why Fiverr don't ban them right away?

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/3/2021 at 10:17 AM, nsfhad07 said:

I think you should cancelled the order & refund the money. Because if you get a negative review all your GIG will be lost ( Personal experience) 

Getting a low rating is as bad as canceling an order.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...