Can you ask buyers for a review after you have delivered them the order?

karlaofficial

I’m confused because I heard a Fiverr pro seller on YouTube say they would ask buyers if they could leave a review after delivering them the order, but I’ve heard other people say you can’t ask buyers for a review, so are you allowed to ask for a review after an order has been delivered or not?  

• Like 1

A Pro user on this forum, called Visualstudios, recently asked his Success Manager about this and was told that it's ok to ask for a review, as long as you're not asking for a positive one. 

In the past, Fiverr was felt to be quite trigger-happy on potential review manipulation. Some notable sellers believe they were warned unfairly. It's why you'll still find many on this forum and the Fiverr Subreddit who feel it's safer to avoid the topic of reviews altogether.

Edited by ahmwritingco
  • Like 3
  • Up 4

It's not that you can't ask for review. But yes like @ahmwritingco said, you can not ask for  positive one specifically. I read the fiverr TOS carefully, there is nothing like that you can't ask. But I will say, you can't manipulate your client.

And, also it's actually the way you ask for review.

" Can you please rate my work and write me a review" - Saying like this is not the way a professional should ask for.

While discussing outside, we can say that we will ask for review, but in professional part, professionalism should follow with the way you ask.

Also, Sometimes, buyers don't feel comfortable to leave feedback or don't want to spend time on that.

• Like 1

I'd like to add to the discussion that besides all the accurate things @ahmwritingcomentioned, Fiverr reminds buyers multiple times to leave a review. In my opinion buyers who want to leave a review do so, regardless if you (a seller) ask them for one. Some might do it as a favour of course after you ask it when they really appreciated your services. Overall however I think it's debatable that asking for a review on top of the reminders Fiverr sends makes a buyer leave a review if they weren't already planning to. 

7 minutes ago, sabinespoems said:

I'd like to add to the discussion that besides all the accurate things @ahmwritingcomentioned, Fiverr reminds buyers multiple times to leave a review. In my opinion buyers who want to leave a review do so, regardless if you (a seller) ask them for one. Some might do it as a favour of course after you ask it when they really appreciated your services. Overall however I think it's debatable that asking for a review on top of the reminders Fiverr sends makes a buyer leave a review if they weren't already planning to. 

I agree, and I've never ever asked for a review and I never will. Playing the devil's advocate here, though, a solid 15-25% of my buyers can't figure out how to upload order requirements, leave a tip, ask for revisions, or even send messages back and forth in the order file. I've had to run so many orders just by them sending me notes in the inbox. So while I appreciate Fiverr reminding them to leave a review, I don't think it's always as effective as we would like 😅

• Like 1

Hi Fiverr Sellers,

I believe that when you do a great work, buyers will for sure leave a comment and 5 stars for you as they are satisfied and Fiverr will prompt them to leave a review.

Now if you didn't do a great job the review is useless anyway so don't insist and remember if you did great they will leave the reviews most probably so I would suggest you don't ask the buyer to do so as you won't appear like a PRO seller.

12 hours ago, iam_joshem said:

You can't ask buyers for review to avoid being banned by fiverr, a top rated seller said he once got banned for asking for review from buyers

I received this response this morning from Fiverr support after I contacted them: 

sellers may remind buyers to leave feedback but cannot solicit a positive review, nor can the seller ask the buyer to change a review once added.”

• Like 2