Auto NDA, could be useful?

manuelmarino

19 minutes ago, manuelmarino said:

I was thinking this. Sometimes customers want an NDA signed. Which is not so easy, you know nothing must pass outside Fiverr platform, so... it's complicated.

But what do you think of an Auto NDA option? your ideas?

I've not experienced this yet on Fiverr, as I'm so new, however, I have had to provide NDA's during my voiceover career.

Is it possible to provide one that you've made up as a template and then fill in the pertinent information (minus any contact info) and share it as a an attachment in the order messaging?

Ok, I've never signed an NDA, because I wasn't sure about the rules with it... but I presume probably that it could be possible using the chat to exchange the docs. Not sure 100% anyway.

an Auto NDA (a kind of feature where you just have to click, and the customer the same on a window) could solve the issue.

I would love this. But, also, I would like to be able to set expiry dates.

I 'come to an accord' with sellers currently about that. Generally, I have psuedo-ship dates that I don't want them releasing content on their social media before I've published. I'm fine with them publishing to their portfolios after that. Like, I'm going to be putting out a bunch of stuff on April 1st next year. I'm fine having the NDA expire then.

Debatably, this feature may not exist due to the way the ToS is worded and the way Rights are treated as all-or-nothing. Like, if we were to check with CS, "disclosure" may be a right that transfers with Commercial Use, so the seller either has it or doesn't depending on if it's included in the tier or as a gig extra. According to CS, Gig Description doesn't count as part of the order agreement, and most people don't seem to be aware of that. It wouldn't surprise me if there's some legal presumption that isn't explained clearly about how this is already encompassed by the ToS.

18 minutes ago, manuelmarino said:

Ok, I've never signed an NDA, because I wasn't sure about the rules with it... but I presume probably that it could be possible using the chat to exchange the docs. Not sure 100% anyway.

an Auto NDA (a kind of feature where you just have to click, and the customer the same on a window) could solve the issue.

Taken from Fiverr Business FAQs (https://www.fiverr.com/business)

Untitled.thumb.png.7801cbd0e5602381f113994efa886cdd.png

28 minutes ago, manuelmarino said:

@theratypistanyway, I had a round table where we discussed about this "auto NDA" feature and Fiverr is taking in consideration the opportunity to make a similar feature in the future (not 100% sure, but I had the feeling it will happen).

I love how you just casually had a roundtable with them. Haha. Manuel!! How is your September? I hope its going better than your August! I vaguely remember you talking about your August a few weeks ago 😁 haha

“Auto” NDA won’t pacify most buyers who want NDAs signed, IMO. They have “legal departments” and dozens of pages of legal documentation to read through. They want their documentation to be signed “their way”. That’s just based on me working with CS to give such potential buyers options. An "auto" something on some freelance site won't satisfy their "legal team". 

I'd like to keep my option to turn people away for trying to make me read through 30+ pages of fine print legal text just to do a $60 project. 

24 minutes ago, theratypist said:

I love how you just casually had a roundtable with them. Haha. Manuel!! How is your September? I hope its going better than your August! I vaguely you remember talking about your August a few weeks ago 😁 haha

ohhhh amazing. are you sure I don't know you? 😄 you seem familiar and it's a good thing, I love your posts 🙂

yes, but weeks have passed... my stats are raising... well, raising a lot! So I think my ideas were right 😀

23 minutes ago, manuelmarino said:

ohhhh amazing. are you sure I don't know you? 😄 you seem familiar and it's a good thing, I love your posts 🙂

yes, but weeks have passed... my stats are raising... well, raising a lot! So I think my ideas were right 😀

Hahaha, we are officially Fiverr friends! 😄

Love your posts too! I'm glad you take your time to help others where you can despite the mess 😅

Hahaha me and my fiancee are taking a trip to Italy soon, we are taking your word for it about the pizza in Naples! Hehe 

On 9/2/2021 at 10:32 PM, moikchap said:

I would love this. But, also, I would like to be able to set expiry dates.

I 'come to an accord' with sellers currently about that. Generally, I have psuedo-ship dates that I don't want them releasing content on their social media before I've published. I'm fine with them publishing to their portfolios after that. Like, I'm going to be putting out a bunch of stuff on April 1st next year. I'm fine having the NDA expire then.

Debatably, this feature may not exist due to the way the ToS is worded and the way Rights are treated as all-or-nothing. Like, if we were to check with CS, "disclosure" may be a right that transfers with Commercial Use, so the seller either has it or doesn't depending on if it's included in the tier or as a gig extra. According to CS, Gig Description doesn't count as part of the order agreement, and most people don't seem to be aware of that. It wouldn't surprise me if there's some legal presumption that isn't explained clearly about how this is already encompassed by the ToS.

Thanks for sharing 

Archived