Fiverr Hourly System

Hourly Solution 

I think there are complications with the Fiverr hourly deal. It needs to be resolved asap. It should be that, you create a gig and select a 1-hour task then it atomically fills up 5 USD. Like you select 2 hour then must be upper 10 USD not less than 10 USD. I think the hourly rate should be specified.

Client Complain 

Bargain with the maximum buyer with hourly. They only want minimum time like If it takes 1 hour to do a job they tell you that's this task will take 20 minutes to complete. This is a very embarrassing thing.

Solution 
Need to specified hourly system and free Time Tracer app

download (1).png

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Up 3

1 hour ago, ikramuzzman said:

Bargain with the maximum buyer with hourly. They only want minimum time like If it takes 1 hour to do a job they tell you that's this task will take 20 minutes to complete. This is a very embarrassing thing.

But - even if Fiverr had the option to charge hourly, (and if there was a time-tracker (I use one, but I don't show it to my clients because I don't think they need to know how much it takes me to write their pieces) people would still complain, no? I mean, you can say it takes you 3 hours to do it - someone else might be faster and do it in one - (or even claim they can do it just to get the job - they'd accept to be paid less.) 

I do think that some sort of a tracker could be fun to see exactly how much time x job takes but I'm not sure fiverr should be in charge of that. People also don't know how much time things take and just say a number. You as the seller are responsible for knowing how long a gig would take AND how much you should charge for it. 

(that being said, I get it. 5 bucks hourly is not a lot so when it stretches out...that's painful for sure.)

• Like 7
  • Up 1

1 hour ago, ikramuzzman said:

I think there are complications with the Fiverr hourly deal. It needs to be resolved asap.

There are no complication because fiverr doesn’t have an “hourly deal”. Fiverr works with charging per task not per time. 
of course you can specify in your gig the amount of hours it would work for 1/2/3 etc hours but fiverr doesn’t track your time. 

• Like 6

There is no hourly option on Fiverr. There are on other platforms and I find it pretty useless because the client will ALWAYS say it shouldn't take as long as it does and people have different workflows and a different pace. A lot of people think my voiceovers should only take a few minutes. They probably would if I recorded them on my iphone and then sent them without any care.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, leannelrivers said:

There is no hourly option on Fiverr. There are on other platforms and I find it pretty useless because the client will ALWAYS say it shouldn't take as long as it does and people have different workflows and a different pace. A lot of people think my voiceovers should only take a few minutes. They probably would if I recorded them on my iphone and then sent them without any care.

Your are right 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mariashtelle1 said:

There are no complication because fiverr doesn’t have an “hourly deal”. Fiverr works with charging per task not per time. 
of course you can specify in your gig the amount of hours it would work for 1/2/3 etc hours but fiverr doesn’t track your time. 

Yes, I know but it is not proper way. compress the another marketplace 

Edited by ikramuzzman
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, ikramuzzman said:

but it is not proper way. compress the another marketplace 

Who said that it's not the right way? 😉

Fiverr chose their strategy and that what makes fiverr different. if you want to do hourly work you can use other websites for that. 

For example for me hourly work doesn't make sense because I spent years of doing my job fast with all the knowledges that I have and I can complete the job in 1 hours where another seller that has less knowledges will take longer to complete it. So should another seller be paid more just because they spent more time on it? hint: no. my clients pay for my knowledges and not all services require hourly rates/options/tracking etc. 

• Like 5

21 hours ago, ikramuzzman said:

Hourly Solution 

I think there are complications with the Fiverr hourly deal. It needs to be resolved asap. It should be that, you create a gig and select a 1-hour task then it atomically fills up 5 USD. Like you select 2 hour then must be upper 10 USD not less than 10 USD. I think the hourly rate should be specified.

Client Complain 

Solution 
Need to specified hourly system and free Time Tracer app

download (1).png

Number of gigs could be the hourly, I think its good, what do you suggest?

• Like 2