Jump to content

Tips for a new seller?


Recommended Posts

Hi everyone,

I am a new Fiverr seller and I’m having difficulty understanding how the algorithm works.

1. Do impressions and clicks contribute to where your gig appears amongst others?

2. I have completed my first order, but unfortunately, the buyer hasn’t left a rating for my work, though I believe I have done everything correctly, incl. the communication. Since asking for ratings is not allowed, have I done something wrong? How can I improve for the future?

3. Since I’ve already made a thread, is there any chance any of you guys review my gig, images, description, etc. and guide me to how I can make them more attractive for buyers?

https://www.fiverr.com/s2/df6b2478a0

Thanks in advance.

Much love ❤️ 

 

Edited by daaaaaaniel
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think the intended purpose of the thread went over the heads of all the replies thus far...

1. I don't think it determines "where" your gig shows up, but is just a rough indication of "how often" it has appeared in search results/on the site over the past 24 hours. Having a higher number probably correlates with having a better placement, as very few people click all the way back to page results 3 thru 10.

2. Not receiving a review is completely normal and entirely within the prerogative of the buyer. There are many reasons why a buyer might not leave a review, and that's entirely valid and up to them. Anyways, no review is far preferable to a mixed/negative review. Freelancers work for money; reviews are just a (hopefully nice) extra.

3. Remove offering unlimited revisions on your premium package. Unlimited revisions is far more of a hassle, headache, and potential liability than it is worth. I don't know why you list yourself as two different names:

image.png.bc5007b99bd37cce076319cd7a704a8c.png

Be aware that off-platform communication is prohibited unless clearly permitted otherwise by Fiverr staff. Your username is gonna be tricky for people to type correctly, what with how many repeated letter A's are in it, but I guess you are stuck with it now.

Edited by enunciator
  • Like 5
  • Up 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 -  It's the other way around. Your impressions will be high if you're being shown to a lot of people, it's not that you will be shown to a lot of people if the impressions are high. If you have high impressions, that means Fiverr is picking your gig to show to a lot of people. Your clicks just reflect how attractive your gig is for the people who get to see it. I suppose Fiverr will, over time, promote (give more impressions to) gigs with higher click rates, because that means people are interested in clicking on them.

2 -  You can ask for a review, what you can't do is ask for a specific or positive review. In either case, many buyers just don't leave a review, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, enunciator said:

I think the intended purpose of the thread went over the heads of all the replies thus far...

1. I don't think it determines "where" your gig shows up, but is just a rough indication of "how often" it has appeared in search results/on the site over the past 24 hours. Having a higher number probably correlates with having a better placement, as very few people click all the way back to page results 3 thru 10.

2. Not receiving a review is completely normal and entirely within the prerogative of the buyer. There are many reasons why a buyer might not leave a review, and that's entirely valid and up to them. Anyways, no review is far preferable to a mixed/negative review. Freelancers work for money; reviews are just a (hopefully nice) extra.

3. Remove offering unlimited revisions on your premium package. Unlimited revisions is far more of a hassle, headache, and potential liability than it is worth. I don't know why you list yourself as two different names:

image.png.bc5007b99bd37cce076319cd7a704a8c.png

Be aware that off-platform communication is prohibited unless clearly permitted otherwise by Fiverr staff. Your username is gonna be tricky for people to type correctly, what with how many repeated letter A's are in it, but I guess you are stuck with it now.

really up answer.... awesome!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/2/2021 at 12:36 AM, daaaaaaniel said:

1. Do impressions and clicks contribute to where your gig appears amongst others?

  • Impressions: These are the number of times your Gig appeared in Fiverr's thumbnails (i.e., on the homepage, category/subcategory page, search, and user page).
  • Clicks: These are the number of clicks after a user saw it once on the homepage, category/subcategory page, search, and user page
On 9/2/2021 at 12:36 AM, daaaaaaniel said:

2. I have completed my first order, but unfortunately, the buyer hasn’t left a rating for my work, though I believe I have done everything correctly, incl. the communication. Since asking for ratings is not allowed, have I done something wrong? How can I improve for the future?

Congrats on the first order! Some buyers really just prefer not to leave a review. Hopefully the next one will. Just focus on doing great work, buyers will leave a review if they wanted to.

Here's a free course by Fiverr on how to be a successful Fiverr seller: https://learn.fiverr.com/courses/online-freelancing-essentials-be-a-successful-fiverr-seller

You might find it useful. 

Best of luck! You're on the right track. Keep it up.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...