How to Improve Your English INSTANTLY With Almost Zero Effort

smashradio

Hey guys!

I've touched on the importance of good grammar and English skills when selling on Fiverr before. 

Chances are you're not a native English speaker. Perhaps you think it's challenging to write great profile descriptions, messages and gig descriptions? 

I'm a Top Rated Seller on Fiverr, but I'm also a buyer. I spend a few thousand bucks every year buying stuff from other freelancers, like you! 

Do you want to know the #1 reason why I wouldn't buy from a seller? It's terrible grammar and their command of the English language. 

Two reasons:

1) It shows me that the seller doesn't care about making a good first impression. If they don't care about that, why would I expect them to care about their work? 

2) It probably means they will have difficulties understanding what I'm saying, or I'll have trouble understanding them. 

That's not why I spend money. I don't want difficulties. I pay them to solve my problems as fast and elegantly as possible. And I certainly don't want to spend my money on a seller who doesn't take their work seriously. 

So, how can you improve your English INSTANTLY with almost zero effort? 

By using Grammarly.com. 

I'm not affiliated with them in any way; I just love their tool! 

As a non-native English speaker myself, it helps me correct mistakes along the way. 

The browser extension lets me know when I write something wrong. It suggests better words or sentence structures, improving variety and readability!

The free version is ok for checking grammar and punctuation. If you want help with your sentence structures and so on, get the premium subscription. It's worth it! 

And the result will be that you come across as more professional. When you do, you'll get more business, more orders, more buyers. 

Let me know how Grammarly (or other tools like it) helped you write better English! 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 165
  • Congrats! 6
  • Thanks 17

1 minute ago, dollyhuque said:

I appreciate you sharing the helpful tips. I hope these tips will be very helpful to many sellers like me. 

Hopefully it will! But I'm afraid 99% of the forum members will only click on things that include the word "rank" or "top rank". 😂

• Like 85
  • Thanks 7

• 1 month later...

Grammarly is helpful if you just need a spell and grammar checker. The problem with most of the sellers you describe is that they just don't understand the language, and grammarly won't help with that. Grammarly can help you improve, but there has to be something there to improve in the first place.

There's a big difference between dealing with a buyer/seller that has a few typos and unnatural sentences, but has a clear thought process and is able to communicate or dealing with a buyer/seller with totally indecipherable messages, even if they are grammatically correct and error free.  So if you're at the point where grammarly would have a real impact, we're talking diminishing returns, you'll probably be "good enough" without it (unless you're offering writing services, but then you should already be pretty good at it anyway).

Many of these sellers don't know how to think. That's the real problem. That they don't know how to think in English is just a corollary.

• Like 79

• 10 months later...
12 hours ago, rajibbapy said:

First of all thanks @smashradioYou provide great stuff here. As a Non-native English speaker I really love using Grammarly but never think about the pro version. I think I should check it out. Thanks once again!

It can certainly be useful. But as I think I've mentioned before, Grammarly can't save you if your English is already bad, because many suggestions from the tool are completely useless and will actually make your writing worse. You need to know when to not use its suggestions. So you need at be proficient before it can help you in any way. I've seen some strange posts on the forum thanks to Grammarly. 😂

• Like 56
  • Haha 2
  • Up 1

• 2 weeks later...