How To Get Your First Order?

lisaforbusiness

Hi All,

I am a Writer and Harvard student who is new to the Fiverr community. I have been published in quite a few publications... which I usually highlight in the gallery of each of my writing gigs. I also include a video on each gig and most of them are $5, but I have yet to get my first order. 

Do you have any advice on how to get my first order? I really appreciate it.

Lisa Smith

47 minutes ago, lisaforbusiness said:

Hi All,

I am a Writer and Harvard student who is new to the Fiverr community. I have been published in quite a few publications... which I usually highlight in the gallery of each of my writing gigs. I also include a video on each gig and most of them are $5, but I have yet to get my first order. 

Do you have any advice on how to get my first order? I really appreciate it.

Lisa Smith

Hi Lisa! Welcome to Fiverr! 

Getting your first order can be difficult. You should have up to 10 buyer requests that you can answer to per day as a new seller. Use them to your advantage. 

You can learn more about Buyer Requests here: https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360015226518-Responding-to-Buyer-Requests

I also wrote a guide on how to respond to them here: 

(I have no idea where that image is from. It is not related to the topic. Hah!)

Your gig videos could be more attractive. The quality is a bit low, and the sound isn't great. Try finding a room with less echo to record them in. Get into some nice business worthy clothes (think job interview attire). Plan out a script before you start, so you seem more confident when speaking. Film in landscape, not portrait mode. 

Tip: you can pick the thumbnail for your video from a part of your video when editing your gig. Get a designer to make a professiona gig thumbnail for you, and put it at the end of your video, then set your thumbnail to that frame of the video. It will make your gig appear nicer and more professional in search results. 

Don't price yourself at five bucks. You say you've been to Harvard. Your price should reflect that (but still be affordable). Look at some of the top rated sellers in your gig category and price yourself slightly below them. 20% or less should do it. 

Selling your services for five bucks only serves to make you look less professional, and it attracts the type of buyer you don't want. 

If you need help ranking your gig, I made a guide with tips and tricks for that here: 

And a guide on how to avoid bad buyers (and how to deal with them if you can't) here:

Some other posts to get you started: 

Hope this helps! And again, welcome to Fiverr! :D 

Archived