Unexpected bad feedback

cryingeyes

2 minutes ago, seven_sign said:

Refunding/completed order cancellation will not give you the opportunity to remove the review. 

So how can I remove this feedback, As you know it will affect future business and I do not want to see it on my profile just for few $$.

11 minutes ago, cryingeyes said:

So the client left 3 star. Without any reason and delivery was upto mark. I did not take payment in Escrow. I sent after the client was fully satisfied. Now I want to remove the feedback by giving refund to the client. Is it possible? Thank you

No, you can't remove the feedback. That would negate the whole point of having a system for feedback. 

Also; you should never do any work before you have an order with requirements filled in and paid for. You open the door to a world of problems, including buyers who will take advantage of you or who are difficult to work for. 

3 minutes ago, smashradio said:

No, you can't remove the feedback. That would negate the whole point of having a system for feedback. 

Also; you should never do any work before you have an order with requirements filled in and paid for. You open the door to a world of problems, including buyers who will take advantage of you or who are difficult to work for. 

So there is no way to handle this situation?

3 minutes ago, cryingeyes said:

So there is no way to handle this situation?

Yes, there is: you take the negative review, you learn from it (don't ever work for free or without an order!) and you move on. 

Your gig has a 4.9 star rating after the 3-star review. 4.9 is still considered good, and you'll survive with it. There is no reason to panic because of a single bad review. 

Just look at me: I'm a top rated seller, and I have a 1-star review on my profile! I got it because I refused to work for free. And I don't regret it for a second! 

The way to handle this situation is to respond professionally to the review, then don't work with that buyer again. 

Next time, you require that the buyer pays for the order before you do any work, and you keep working hard to make your buyers happy. That's the way to deal with this. 

12 minutes ago, smashradio said:

Yes, there is: you take the negative review, you learn from it (don't ever work for free or without an order!) and you move on. 

Your gig has a 4.9 star rating after the 3-star review. 4.9 is still considered good, and you'll survive with it. There is no reason to panic because of a single bad review. 

Just look at me: I'm a top rated seller, and I have a 1-star review on my profile! I got it because I refused to work for free. And I don't regret it for a second! 

The way to handle this situation is to respond professionally to the review, then don't work with that buyer again. 

Next time, you require that the buyer pays for the order before you do any work, and you keep working hard to make your buyers happy. That's the way to deal with this. 

Thanks a lot. Definitely I would survive but it hurts a lot. When you deliver the discussed work and get bad feedback. There should be system to deal with these situations. The feedback should be removed if we refund. 

1 hour ago, cryingeyes said:

Thanks a lot. Definitely I would survive but it hurts a lot. When you deliver the discussed work and get bad feedback. There should be system to deal with these situations. The feedback should be removed if we refund. 

No it doesn't hurt a lot. You think it does, but it doesn't. Actually, when you get a negative review, you should view it as a learning experience; an oppurtunity to get better at what you do. 

Sure, it's no fun to get negative reviews. 

Why should the feedback be removed if you refund your buyer? It's still feedback. It's meant to help buyers learn more about a seller. The way you deal with a negative review tells me a lot about your character: are you a person open to suggestions, new ideas, different ways of doing things - and most important: are you a true professional? 

A true professional will also get negative feedback sometimes. The review system isn't meant to be 100% five-star reviews. 

Removing the feedback after giving a refund would be cheating. The whole point of the system is to show what your buyers think about your work. 

Like @newsmike would put it: If you do that, you're santizing your reviews. 

Archived