Reaching Out to Previous Clients OK?

johnalet

Hello everyone,

I have it in mind to reach out to my old contacts on Fiverr; those who at one time bought my gig and those who only messaged to enquired about it but never bought it.

My intention is to remind them of the services I offer in case they have task related to the gigs.

So my question is; does doing this also violates Fiverr's ToS?

Remember, these are contacts that some have ordered for my gig before.

Thank you as I await your response

• Like 12

2 hours ago, johnalet said:

Hello everyone,

I have it in mind to reach out to my old contacts on Fiverr; those who at one time bought my gig and those who only messaged to enquired about it but never bought it.

My intention is to remind them of the services I offer in case they have task related to the gigs.

That's risky. You risk getting your messages marked as spam. You shouldn't spam your buyers, anyway. It's not a good way of marketing. 

What you can do instead, if you have access to Seller Plus, is to send out coupons to your best buyers, to get them to return. 

But I would strongly recommend that you don't reach out to previous buyers with anything unless they ask you for it. 

• Like 10
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, johnalet said:

Hello everyone,

No it will harm your account. I am personally witness this problem. I knock some of my old client and one of them report me as spam and i got a warning from fiverr. so dont do it. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, johnalet said:

Hello everyone,

2 hours ago, reza_asif said:

2 hours ago, reza_asif said:

No it will harm your account. I am personally witness this problem. I knock some of my old client and one of them report me as spam and i got a warning from fiverr. so dont do it. 

I already knocked my old client he gave me an order then I knocked him again he has not replied to me yet..

thank you

• Like 7

3 hours ago, designershafiqu said:

I already knocked my old client he gave me an order then I knocked him again he has not replied to me yet..

Maybe if you stopped hitting him, and messaged him. However like they said, it is spam.  But you are using "Knock" incorrectly. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, newsmike said:

Nah, Karma for refusing to stoop so low as to call anyone "sir".  I already accused you of being a Viking ruffian for this in another thread. 😀

As I explained in a different thread, Sir News, "sir" is not something we even have a word for in Norwegian, my dear redneck friend. 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, smashradio said:

As I explained in a different thread, Sir News, "sir" is not something we even have a word for in Norwegian, my dear redneck friend. 

I've seen it once in a Norwegian movie from the 60s, where they made fun of the american police being a bit trigger happy. The local "sherrif" fired his shotgun at the ceiling, yelled "yes sir" and put on his hat. 

(Our police wasn't even armed regularly until just a few years ago, and it's still being debated if they should have access to firearms or not without keeping it locked in a safe in the back of the car and having to ask the central for permission before taking it out - just for a bit of context on Norwegian culture lol)

@newsmike

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 6

8 minutes ago, smashradio said:

Our police wasn't even armed regularly until just a few years ago, and it's still being debated if they should have access to firearms or not without keeping it locked in a safe in the back of the car and having to ask the central for permission before taking it out

The Vikings would not recognize the place. 

• Like 6

Just now, newsmike said:

The Vikings would not recognize the place. 

This is true. 

But then again, regular people can't carry firearms either in most cases. If you carried one to the store (a buddy of mine in Texas will wear his magnum to the supermarket, for whatever reason) you'd be arrested. Unless you shoot the police before they have time to get their weapon permission, that is. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, smashradio said:

(a buddy of mine in Texas will wear his magnum to the supermarket, for whatever reason)

Texas is great. I guarantee you, one tends to be a bit more polite in settling a dispute when both parties are strapped. 

• Like 6

• 7 months later...

It's risky. Some sellers do it and don't get into trouble, but unless the previous client explicitly told you that they want to be informed about your new gigs, extras, or discounts, it's an unsolicited message. If just one client reports you for sending them an unsolicited message, you could get an account warning.

• Like 9
  • Up 7

45 minutes ago, geo316 said:

Is it allowed to reach out to past clients to let them know about a new gig,

Please respect our members privacy by not contacting them with offers, questions, suggestions or anything which is not directly related to their Gigs or orders.

The above is from the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page under Violations.

• Like 11
  • Up 5
  • Thanks 1

Guest brandmedics

It's allowed but you have do it in a very sensitive way because buyer's get furious when you contact them pinching your new offer to them while some will gladly place an order.

Well, I must say that it depends what kind of relation you had with your client. Like in my case, I have few clients who like to be very "To the point" and most of our conversation is about just the order, while few of them ask what else do I do or can provide and say that they might need them in future. 
So, I contact such clients later on. 

Makes sense, right?

• Like 7