How do I ask for sensitive info on fiverr like credit card number and/or email password?

mohammadmoniem

Question

Something that has been hindering me from creating a gig in the mobile app development field is my unsureness how to ask for payment info to sign up for a platfrom. For instance, in the app development space, once you have completed creating a mobile app and are ready to submit it on the play stores, there is a $25 one time fee for google play and a $99 fee for every app (I think). But when I offer to release a sellers app on the play stores, (let me say the google play store) Do I create a new google account or do they give me their existing account's passwords? Then do I charge them $25 extra dollars to open them a google developer account? If so, how do I ask them for payment information in the most professional way without sounding like a scam, is there a more secure way of asking the buyer required sensitive info necessary to complete the deal?

2 answers to this question

2 hours ago, mohammadmoniem said:

Something that has been hindering me from creating a gig in the mobile app development field is my unsureness how to ask for payment info to sign up for a platfrom. For instance, in the app development space, once you have completed creating a mobile app and are ready to submit it on the play stores, there is a $25 one time fee for google play and a $99 fee for every app (I think). But when I offer to release a sellers app on the play stores, (let me say the google play store) Do I create a new google account or do they give me their existing account's passwords? Then do I charge them $25 extra dollars to open them a google developer account? If so, how do I ask them for payment information in the most professional way without sounding like a scam, is there a more secure way of asking the buyer required sensitive info necessary to complete the deal?

You should never ask anyone to provide credit card details. I would run the instant anyone did. 

Instead, if you're offering to publish their apps via your gig, you could offer the amount as a custom extra (don't forget that Fiverr takes 20% so you need to do the calculations here), and then fork up the money on behalf of the client. You'd get it back when the order is complete. 

I paid a couple of app devs here before, and they did it that way. 

For sensitive info of any kind you should ask the buyer to provide it (if needed) in the requirements when placing the order. You should never ask for sensitive information outside of an order. 

Archived