Fiverr English skill test

sharif_wd

7 minutes ago, sharif_wd said:

I have got 8.8 on the Fiverr English skill test.ūüôāIs that enough? Or more should have been found. How much did you have?

Capture eng.PNG

Wait - what? Time spent: 5 minutes. That test does not take five minutes, even if you're a fluent speaker. Cheating on the tests are not ok. 

• Like 7

35 minutes ago, smashradio said:

Time spent: 5 minutes. That test does not take five minutes

I've got 5 minutes from my first ever test as well (I rushed it and I probably got 8.5 or something the first time), but the "Time Taken" does not update for future tests. But I usually finish it within 15 minutes if I do it normally.

Edited by arnukas
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, smashradio said:

Wait - what? Time spent: 5 minutes. That test does not take five minutes, even if you're a fluent speaker. Cheating on the tests are not ok. 

Never mind. I have to withdraw my somewhat snarky comment about cheating. I just took the test myself to see what it was about. I spent about 10 minutes on the test, but it still says I completed it in 5 on the results. So that's clearly not your fault. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, arnukas said:

I've got 5 minutes from my first ever test as well (I rushed it and I probably got 8.5 or something the first time), but the "Time Taken" does not update for future tests. But I usually finish it within 15 minutes if I do it normally.

Yeah I just took it, and spent about 10 minutes ish. Didn't rush through it or anything, and didn't do any random guessing. My results still say 5 minutes, even though that isn't correct. So that was my bad. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, smashradio said:

You know, Mr. News. I never got the whole "congos" joke. I think I must have missed an important lesson. I want in! Tell me more. 

The many people who just spam threads like "I just made mt first sale" with endless "Congratulations" replies.  Many English challenged posters instead said things like "Congress" or "Conso", etc.... and it happened enough for certain smartasses on the  forum (who will remain nameless) to then move to replying to those with "Conga", Costco, Congos," etc..

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Just now, newsmike said:

The many people who just spam threads like "I just made mt first sale" with endless "Congratulations" replies.  Many English challenged posters instead said things like "Congress" or "Conso", etc.... and it happened enough for certain smartasses on the  forum (who will remain nameless) to then move to replying to those with "Conga", Costco, Congos," etc..

Ah. Now I get it. So it's now a term for those people and what they represent. I like it. In that case, yes, they test for Congos. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, smashradio said:

Ah. Now I get it. So it's now a term for those people and what they represent. I like it. In that case, yes, they test for Congos. 

Welcome, Instagram! *Places garland*

@newsmike will show you the totem of welcome. Dance to the rhythm of Congaaaaa and Congress with us. 

Costco signing out

• Like 1

Just now, theratypist said:

Welcome, Instagram! *Places garland*

@newsmike will show you the totem of welcome. Dance to the rhythm of Congaaaaa and Congress with us. 

Costco signing out

Now I need the background of the Instagram. The garland is a nice touch, though! I feel honored to be the new flower pot. 

1 hour ago, sharif_wd said:

Is that enough? Or more should have been found. How much did you have?

And yet another proof that the English tests are a joke. One would expect someone with an 88% on a test to be pretty good at the subject being tested. That's clearly not the case.

• Up 1

1 minute ago, smashradio said:

Now I need the background of the Instagram.

I'm honestly not sure about the background of Instagram, but I think its the humor that we're already saying a lot of random words. We might as well. Hahaha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, visualstudios said:

And yet another proof that the English tests are a joke. One would expect someone with an 88% on a test to be pretty good at the subject being tested. That's clearly not the case.

I took the "Fiverr English Test" just for fun because of this post. Can't say I disagree. I found the "English Language" test to be more interesting. It's not my native language, but I consider myself pretty much fluent. Even so, if I wanted to, I could have just Googled my way through it with a laptop. (I didn't, because I viewed it as an interesting challenge). 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, smashradio said:

Now I need the background of the Instagram. The garland is a nice touch, though! I feel honored to be the new flower pot. 

"Instagram" is response to the constant barrage of "pray for me", "I make sell by grace of Allah" posts.

image.png.c998225da81e588e5273adea8438aa8a.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1