Your message is being reviewed by our Trust and Safety team due to a possible Terms of Service violation. This may take up to 24 hours...

kscar8211

Hi fellow sellers!

New Seller here (going to complete a month next week). So I'm a little curious with the way things have gone (maybe "hesitant/frightened" would be better)

On my second order (buyer placed 2nd order after accepting the 1st), I had to come up with revisions (which was what I offered). Now here comes the situation:

He asked me to add some more info in the document, which I was willing to do (I think this was the 4th edit). He later marked the order complete (since it was due today). Now I've managed to do the required edits, but am not able to text him. I get the following message:

Your message is being reviewed by our Trust and Safety team due to a possible Terms of Service violation. This may take up to 24 hours. In the meantime, *** can't see your message. We appreciate your patience.

What's worse is that any message I type to him, I get this alert; and I've done it 4 times. However he is able to text me and is currently waiting for my edits.  

Now as a New Seller, I am obviously worried about the TOS violation, but what exactly have I done? The buyer is also waiting for my reply and since I cannot text him, I may risk losing the chance of working with him again.

1 minute ago, kscar8211 said:

He later marked the order complete (since it was due today)

Could it possibly be that you've asked them to accept the order even though it's not 'finished' (in their eyes at least?) Maybe the system thought you've delivered an order that was not 100% complete? I brainstorm with clients and sometimes my messages get checked (horror isn't loved by fiverr, ha!) but I never had a whole conversation 'blocked' like that!

Is there any word that could have triggered it that you've used? (I'm not sure about all the words but I know that some stuff can even other than like payment and email (that are the 'basics').

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, katakatica said:

Could it possibly be that you've asked them to accept the order even though it's not 'finished' (in their eyes at least?) Maybe the system thought you've delivered an order that was not 100% complete? I brainstorm with clients and sometimes my messages get checked (horror isn't loved by fiverr, ha!) but I never had a whole conversation 'blocked' like that!

Is there any word that could have triggered it that you've used? (I'm not sure about all the words but I know that some stuff can even other than like payment and email (that are the 'basics').

Thanks for replying.

All my revisions, I chose "Deliver Again" instead of just attaching it. I didn't ask him to accept the order or provide reviews. All I did was click "deliver again" and then he asked to make some changes. So while I was working on the changes, the order was marked complete by him. I thought that a seller cannot contact a buyer after order completion (but that would seem strange, right?)

Regarding words used to trigger - I was actually talking about the topic. The buyer wanted my opinions (this gig is a research-based gig), so I was just telling him that I didn't find a direct connection between two variables but found an indirect one. So one might say we were discussing what points to put in the "Conclusion" section of the report. 

Edited by kscar8211

11 minutes ago, kscar8211 said:

Regarding words used to trigger - I was actually talking about the topic. The buyer wanted my opinions (this gig is a research-based gig), so I was just telling him that I didn't find a direct connection between two variables but found an indirect one. So one might say we were discussing what points to put in the "Conclusion" section of the report.

Since research is involved... maybe the system thought it was academic work that the two of you were discussing? (like uni/high school papers and stuff like that?) Fiverr seems to be pretty strict about that. I'm mostly just guessing though since it doesn't seem like you did anything wrong at a first read/glance.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, katakatica said:

Since research is involved... maybe the system thought it was academic work that the two of you were discussing? (like uni/high school papers and stuff like that?) Fiverr seems to be pretty strict about that. I'm mostly just guessing though since it doesn't seem like you did anything wrong at a first read/glance.

Well, not really. The article I am writing is for his website, so it isn't an assignment. Also, I just sent a message and it got through. 

I think the word "n**i" caused a problem. (We are actually researching stuff about world wars and germany, so I think this might have been the issue, lol!)🤷‍♂️

Edited by kscar8211

I think the word "n**i" caused a problem. (We are actually researching stuff about world wars, so I think this might have been the issue, lol!)🤷‍♂️

Yeah, that was probably it! I was brainstorming a..pretty messy scene once and ended up emailing support because the message was stuck and I thought something might have been wrong. Since context matters in these kinds of things... sometimes these things might happen! 

• Thanks 1

"n**i"

Probably, I do research related work as well and I've also received a message like that once. The word was dark web. 🤣 (Not that we used it, its just that it was related to the research topic because the person was a Youtuber who covered topics on conspiracies)

An hour or so after the message (the one listed in your title) got changed to message approved and the time stamp.

I reached out to Customer Support about it and they said it was fine, its just that the system automatically detects certain words. 

• Like 1
  • Up 1

Just now, katakatica said:

Yeah, that was probably it! I was brainstorming a..pretty messy scene once and ended up emailing support because the message was stuck and I thought something might have been wrong. Since context matters in these kinds of things... sometimes these things might happen! 

Not gonna lie, I was deeply concerned. As a new seller, I thought this was going to ban my account. 

Thank you for your help katakatica. And good luck in your projects!

2 minutes ago, theratypist said:

Probably, I do research related work as well and I've also received a message like that once. The word was dark web. 🤣 (Not that we used it, its just that it was related to the research topic because the person was a Youtuber who covered topics on conspiracies)

An hour or so after the message (the one listed in your title) got changed to message approved and the time stamp.

I reached out to Customer Support about it and they said it was fine, its just that the system automatically detects certain words. 

Haha 😂. My client and I are actually working on controversies (or not) of the wars, etc. Anyways, now that its settled, I can take a breather. Thank you! 

• Like 1