Out of office or pause the gig?

hijab_e_zainab

Question

Okay, so I wanted someone to guide me on this. 
I have experienced that the "limit orders in que" function is very bugged and I receive orders whether or not it's turned on. 
I have also deactivated the direct link to the gig but still, the orders come in. I wanted to know a workaround for this. 
If I decide to pause my gig for a day or two, will the active orders be cancelled? Or should I just set the availability away for X hours? 
What's the best solution to this? 
Thanks.

5 answers to this question

7 hours ago, hijab_e_zainab said:

I have experienced that the "limit orders in que" function is very bugged and I receive orders whether or not it's turned on. 

I quit using that feature as soon as I discovered all it does is take your gigs out of the search when it reaches the number of orders you set it at. Buyer's can still order from you, especially if they are regular clients. 

I have also deactivated the direct link to the gig but still, the orders come in. I wanted to know a workaround for this. 

The only workaround to not get orders from anyone is to pause the gig. 

If I decide to pause my gig for a day or two, will the active orders be cancelled?

As @theratypistsaid, Nope. 

Or should I just set the availability away for X hours? 

If you make yourself unavailable then no one can order from you. However, your regular buyers can still contact you to ask for cuatom offers. It is up to you to make custom offers for them to be completed at a later date or not. 

Personally I go OOO/unavailable every Friday evening and every Sunday evening I make myself available again. I always wake up to orders on Monday morning. 

Archived