Better Delivering Process

ju1design

Please integrate with certain cloud sites like google drive/drop box while still maintaining the Fiverr watermark. Or just change the uploading system of fiverr delivering process and make its UI & UX easier.

Let us know the percentage of the uploading files so that we can estimate the finish time. Also, fix the save draft button, it just doesn't work or sometimes just making the files invincible end up making a file sent twice. It make us as seller look unprofessional having two same files on a delivery. Please fix this ASAP, thanks!

23 hours ago, ju1design said:

Please integrate with certain cloud sites like google drive/drop box while still maintaining the Fiverr watermark. Or just change the uploading system of fiverr delivering process and make its UI & UX easier.

I never had issues with file uploads. I don't think it's technically an option for Fiverr to "integrate" this way with cloud providers. 

I percentage on the upload could be nice, but the bar does indicate how much is left. 

12 hours ago, seven_sign said:

Sending a big file i.e 500MB through fiverr platform is like a dream !!

Bandwidth and storage costs a lot of money. It's probably one of the biggst costs FIverr have to deal with. Consider this: I can go back several years and download my deliveries. That means the files have to be stored. Imagine all the files being shared on Fiverr each day. Each year. 

So I get why there's a cap on file size. You can still use cloud providers if your files are bigger than the limit. 

I get that it might be a bit tricky with watermarks though. But you could solve this by sending in the work sample with a watermark early, and when the buyer approves, you send them a new link/folder with the final version. A bit more work, sure, but it's possible. 

12 minutes ago, smashradio said:

but the bar does indicate how much is left. 

Sometimes the bar is already full but it still take another hour to finish. It just like giving false hope. I want clarity not false hope.

14 minutes ago, smashradio said:

So I get why there's a cap on file size. You can still use cloud providers if your files are bigger than the limit. 

I get that it might be a bit tricky with watermarks though. But you could solve this by sending in the work sample with a watermark early, and when the buyer approves, you send them a new link/folder with the final version. A bit more work, sure, but it's possible.

Sometimes buyer just want to revise certain work but we still need to deliver all the files that not even revised. And it's not just a "bit", the need to upload all files resulting to another 2 hours of waiting and staring to all of these large files just for a minimum revision. And what if the buyer want another revision after that? Possible but not efficient. It would be 100% better if the delivery system would be like google drive/drop box when we just need to update/overwrite certain files and everything are good to go.

That's why I was asking Fiverr to either change the system or integrate/collaborate with those cloud sites.

And there is actually a tool in Dropbox that allow us to add watermark of a file and remove it later, however the feature is only available on the premium account. I don't want to pay for something that can actually be done and upgraded from the Fiverr itself. 

5 hours ago, smashradio said:

Bandwidth and storage costs a lot of money. It's probably one of the biggst costs FIverr have to deal with. Consider this: I can go back several years and download my deliveries. That means the files have to be stored. Imagine all the files being shared on Fiverr each day. Each year. 

Actually this is not the issue I was talking about.
Suppose, when I try to send a file of 600MB,

sigh! upload process continues forever!

That's a problem on your end, it works just fine here. It takes me less than a minute to upload a 1GB file to Fiverr (on a 500mbps down/ 100 mbps up connection). Speeds are in line with uploading to dropbox, Filemail, gdrive, etc.

The real problem is that 1Gb is nowhere near enough, not that the upload speeds are too slow.

Archived