Fiverr seller Guestpost site using our company Logo ( We've copyright for that )

performancelabs

Question

I was looking few guest posts for one of my client campaign, A fiverr seller gave me a list of Guestpost sites with quote where she claim some she own and some she hav editor access. There is one site using our company logo ( 99% same/ similar) with the same colour, vectors,elements,etc. When i asked she claimed saying she don't own that site but she can publish my article there ( If i pay $75). Also i checked through copyscape, most of the article published on the site are from spun articles ( not 100% written by human).

My question is:

1) is it legal to sell guestpost for a site where the site itself having infrignement / trademark copyright violation.

2) Fiverr simply allow anyone can sell anything here saying " we don't own" but " we can publish if you pay" which is legally wrong?

This can be rectified by Fiverr policies or should we contact through the typical DMCA, Trademark Copyrights Attorneys options?

2 answers to this question

Are you a buyer looking for guest post writing and placement? If a seller is claiming to post on garbage sites (ones with a bunch of stolen or spun articles), it serves no purpose for you.

It is not illegal to post a unique article on a site with other content that infringes copyright because, theoretically, the poster would have no control over that. If they own the site, they are breaking US copyright law (I don't know international law) by posting content that violates copyright/trademarks.

If that site is using your logo, that's an issue for you vs. them, not Fiverr.

Either the seller (writer/poster) is breaking copyright/trademark with their writing and you should report them to Fiverr, or you can report the website to its hosting company (DMCA and attorneys an option) if you wanted. 

(I'm obviously not a lawyer!)

3 hours ago, performancelabs said:

There is one site using our company logo ( 99% same/ similar) with the same colour, vectors,elements,etc.

Where did you get your logo? Many logo makers on Fiverr as well as other sites merely find logos on the web, copy them and change them a bit and then sell them to buyers. These logos are fine if you have a local business and do not care about another company somewhere in the world having a logo similar to yours. 

However, if you want a genuinely one of a kind logo, expect to pay $500 plus for it. Then as @melanielm said. ⬇️

42 minutes ago, melanielm said:

If that site is using your logo, that's an issue for you vs. them, not Fiverr.

Archived