Sales volume has decreased drastically after the introduction of Seller Plus

nonontech

Question

Hi,

Hope you guys are doing great. Lately, Fiverr is very different and it's almost like a membership website. It looks like, I am paying a lot of money to them, 20% cut, monthly Seller Plus fee, and Gig promotion.

For some reason, after the introduction of Seller Plus program, number of orders has down to nearly 10%, and those orders I received were from Promoted Gigs and repeat buyers only. It's been a few months that I hardly receive inquiries from buyers. Do you guys see any changes in number of sales and inquiries?

Hoping to receive some comments from like-minded sellers.

Have a great day!!

8 answers to this question

On 8/27/2021 at 8:46 AM, nonontech said:

Hi,

Hope you guys are doing great. Lately, Fiverr is very different and it's almost like a membership website. It looks like, I am paying a lot of money to them, 20% cut, monthly Seller Plus fee, and Gig promotion.

For some reason, after the introduction of Seller Plus program, number of orders has down to nearly 10%, and those orders I received were from Promoted Gigs and repeat buyers only. It's been a few months that I hardly receive inquiries from buyers. Do you guys see any changes in number of sales and inquiries?

Hoping to receive some comments from like-minded sellers.

Have a great day!!

Fiverr is a business. They take care of the entire platform, marketing, servers, support and so on. I don't think 20% is unfair. 

Now the Seller Plus fee does not guarantee you success. You're paying for a person to help you with advice and you get some very nice insight into your stats and so on. 

Is Fiverr moving towards a Pay To Play platform? In a way. And I think it's great! It means we can finally start sorting out who's serious about their business, and who's not. To grow a business you have to do marketing, you have to invest in experts to help you solve problems, and you have to pay for rent of space and so on.

The same is true for Fiverr. I'd actually like to see a mandatory Fiverr Plus on Fiverr. No free gigs. No free nothing. Because the platform is getting overrun by people with no talent, no skills, and no willingness to spend even a second learning how the platform works. They just want free handouts. 

It's a problem. Forcing people to pay up would separate the wheat from the chaff. If we don't want Fiverr to become a platform for cheap low-quality stuff it once were, things must change. 

In addition, Fiverr has to make money. During the pandemic, the gig economy boomed. Now it's going back down. If we want Fiverr to last for many years to come, it's only good that we see a willingness in the team to find new ways of increasing revenue. 

As a stockholder I would also appreciate that Fiverr makes new avenues of income, like promoted gigs and Fiverr Plus. 

What you're complaining about is essentially "I have to spend money to run my business?!". Yes, you do. 

/rant

P.S. I don't think it's because of Fiverr Plus that you've seen a drop. It could be negative hidden feedback or the regular old gig rotation. Summer tends to be slower, even though I've experienced a business boom in august, for some reason. 

And even though Fiverr Plus has helped me improve some things, I attribute my success to good marketing, optimization, and high-quality deliveries over time. 

So if I can't put my success on "Fiverr Plus", you shouldn't put your slow period on it either. 

Hopefully it will pick itself back up soon! :) 

13 minutes ago, mariashtelle1 said:

It seriously can be anything and not exactly seller plus 🤷‍♀️ It can be slow summer months especially august, it can be one of your buyers left bad hidden review, gig rotation etc 

Hi @mariashtelle1 thank you so much for adding  your valuable inputs. Let's hope it's not the "... bad hidden review", nor the Seller Plus. I believe I will be on track soon!!

On 8/28/2021 at 11:23 PM, smashradio said:

Fiverr is a business. They take care of the entire platform, marketing, servers, support and so on. I don't think 20% is unfair. 

Now the Seller Plus fee does not guarantee you success. You're paying for a person to help you with advice and you get some very nice insight into your stats and so on. 

Is Fiverr moving towards a Pay To Play platform? In a way. And I think it's great! It means we can finally start sorting out who's serious about their business, and who's not. To grow a business you have to do marketing, you have to invest in experts to help you solve problems, and you have to pay for rent of space and so on.

The same is true for Fiverr. I'd actually like to see a mandatory Fiverr Plus on Fiverr. No free gigs. No free nothing. Because the platform is getting overrun by people with no talent, no skills, and no willingness to spend even a second learning how the platform works. They just want free handouts. 

It's a problem. Forcing people to pay up would separate the wheat from the chaff. If we don't want Fiverr to become a platform for cheap low-quality stuff it once were, things must change. 

In addition, Fiverr has to make money. During the pandemic, the gig economy boomed. Now it's going back down. If we want Fiverr to last for many years to come, it's only good that we see a willingness in the team to find new ways of increasing revenue. 

As a stockholder I would also appreciate that Fiverr makes new avenues of income, like promoted gigs and Fiverr Plus. 

What you're complaining about is essentially "I have to spend money to run my business?!". Yes, you do. 

/rant

P.S. I don't think it's because of Fiverr Plus that you've seen a drop. It could be negative hidden feedback or the regular old gig rotation. Summer tends to be slower, even though I've experienced a business boom in august, for some reason. 

And even though Fiverr Plus has helped me improve some things, I attribute my success to good marketing, optimization, and high-quality deliveries over time. 

So if I can't put my success on "Fiverr Plus", you shouldn't put your slow period on it either. 

Hopefully it will pick itself back up soon! 🙂

@smashradio wow! I was not expecting a very detailed feedback and answer, but your comment has answered and clarified most of my questions and doubts. Thank you so much. After reading your comment, I realized that I haven't made use of any benefits of the Fiverr Plus program. I have been only paying the fees without really knowing what it is for. Poor me. I'll go check out my Seller Plus page right now. Thank you once again. 

3 hours ago, nonontech said:

@smashradio wow! I was not expecting a very detailed feedback and answer, but your comment has answered and clarified most of my questions and doubts. Thank you so much. After reading your comment, I realized that I haven't made use of any benefits of the Fiverr Plus program. I have been only paying the fees without really knowing what it is for. Poor me. I'll go check out my Seller Plus page right now. Thank you once again. 

Happy to be of help! :D

3 hours ago, nonontech said:

The Seller Plus program is amazing value for money, in fact it's pretty incredible what you get for such a small amount. If you're paying for this and not making the most of it, you really should take some time to look at all the features and benefits. It will pay for itself many times over.

On 9/3/2021 at 9:46 PM, callyofficial said:

The Seller Plus program is amazing value for money, in fact it's pretty incredible what you get for such a small amount. If you're paying for this and not making the most of it, you really should take some time to look at all the features and benefits. It will pay for itself many times over.

Hi @callyofficial
I've scheduled a meeting with one of the Seller Success Managers sometime in the first week of October. Hope it will be a productive meeting
Thank you.

Archived