Profile picture as important as gig image.

On 8/27/2021 at 8:52 AM, newsmike said:

Make sure your profile picture is as professional as your gig images. I see a lot of profile pics that do not scream professional in a global marketplace. Remember, people judge everything. Literally everything. 

100% Agreed

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

It also helped me feel empowered against COVID. 

The force will always protect us.

5 hours ago, smashradio said:

Yet I doubt Darth Smash will get many reviews. 

I have to disagree, Darth Smash sounds very cool, I mean galactically cool to me.

My hair is quite long right now (I'm gonna grow it out for another year so I can donate my monstrously thick hair to kids) and I've been using my
profile pic for over 10 years. I keep saying I'm gonna change it, I'm gonna change and I still haven't. Let's see if I can really change it before this year ends!

• Like 10

On 8/27/2021 at 1:19 AM, shahalam4bd said:

smashradio !

Excellent advice !!!

Everyone Find Quality And Professionalism am i right ?

For Quality Fiverr Account . 

-Good Quality Profile Pic

- Have to Write clean Tittle, Description What you offer for your customers.

-Clean Gig image, description,faq & include  video if possible 

- do skills test related to your services

- active 

And so more 

Thank so much 🙂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Make sure your profile picture is as professional as your gig images. I see a lot of profile pics that do not scream professional in a global marketplace. Remember, people judge everything. Literally everything. 

Thanks

• Like 4

can you please tell me about my pro pic is that ok? or should i pick new one?

• Like 3

On 8/27/2021 at 5:33 AM, enunciator said:

An artist with a self caricature or detailed illustration can convey far more about their service and individuality than through a regular headshot. Same with graphic designers, or other highly visual or "unconventional" services.

I was actually wondering about that. Would you think that my profile picture was okay, or is it too unprofessional-looking?

If I had to, I guess I could draw something more ‘professional-looking’ so people would think I’m authentic. 

Edited by kai990
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/27/2021 at 3:52 AM, newsmike said:

I think my profile pic might not be professional but it makes me look much older 😥 I need it to hide my baby face 🤧

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, pen_dimii said:

I think my profile pic might not be professional but it makes me look much older 😥 I need it to hide my baby face 🤧

Your profile picture (the one you're using on Fiverr, not the forum) seems professional. Nothing wrong with it, I would say. If you want to look older you can wear some glasses. That puts a few years on your face right away, AND it makes you look smarter. I would have done it, but I'm getting to that point where I'm looking for ways to seem younger, not older - haha. 

• Like 2

On 8/27/2021 at 3:33 PM, enunciator said:

Although the generic perception of a "professional" seeming headshot (clean cut, solid neutral colors, suit jacket, button-up, tie, etc.) is suitable for many cases, I think that particular services, especially in the creative fields, have more leeway on what might be appropriate.

An artist with a self caricature or detailed illustration can convey far more about their service and individuality than through a regular headshot. Same with graphic designers, or other highly visual or "unconventional" services.

What is absolutely never appropriate is a picture stolen from the web, of a person who is not the seller, or one where the seller is blitzed out of their mind after a night of partying and is about to taste their dinner a second time around.

The sheer amount of fraudulent profile pictures might even outnumber those that are authentic but "unprofessional." A more dire issue, imo.

Lots of great suggestions